Healer's confession thread

100 Draenei Priest
07/13/2014 01:32 PMPosted by Asyousleep
Sometimes, before we start pulling trash for the night, I quickly (using Sets feature) unequip all of my items and then put them right back on. This leaves me at about 20% HP. I then Void Shift a tank and he starts to wonder what happened to him.

oooo I like this idea!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
07/13/2014 01:32 PMPosted by Asyousleep
Sometimes, before we start pulling trash for the night, I quickly (using Sets feature) unequip all of my items and then put them right back on. This leaves me at about 20% HP. I then Void Shift a tank and he starts to wonder what happened to him.

That's golden, lol! I'm gonna adopt that for sure.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
07/13/2014 01:44 PMPosted by Virsta
im telling onslaught rn.

lol you weren't kidding! ;)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/13/2014 06:50 PMPosted by Asyousleep
lol you weren't kidding! ;)

im no troller.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
07/02/2014 07:32 PMPosted by Jivixx
I sometimes earth shield other restoration shamans to take away their water shields.

I let HST be 80% of my healing done in heroics while I watch TV or play fifa14.

Stay away from me. Mind you I have earth shield myself yesterday in a raid.............

I hate priest who think atonement healing is their only healing spell. Dude did you come to dps or to heal? Spirit shell is nice a spell - its there - please stop atonement healing and use it at big aoe damage fights.

I don't understand this padding thing - are you guys looking at total healing or effective healing? If you are overhealing it doesn't count - if its effective healing - then why does it matter?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
07/13/2014 08:34 PMPosted by Dreamtears
I hate priest who think atonement healing is their only healing spell. Dude did you come to dps or to heal? Spirit shell is nice a spell - its there - please stop atonement healing and use it at big aoe damage fights.

Confession: I sometimes do nothing but atone because lazy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
07/13/2014 08:34 PMPosted by Dreamtears
I sometimes earth shield other restoration shamans to take away their water shields.

I let HST be 80% of my healing done in heroics while I watch TV or play fifa14.

Stay away from me. Mind you I have earth shield myself yesterday in a raid.............

I don't understand this padding thing - are you guys looking at total healing or effective healing? If you are overhealing it doesn't count - if its effective healing - then why does it matter?

Why would I ever use Spirit Shell over Divine Star and more Atonement Spam? >.>
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I sometimes tunnel and pad the whole group (as a Resto Druid) and end up letting my assigned group die if we're on a fight like paragons where we spread for FL.
Reply Quote
-When I use spirit shell in raids I think it costs more mana to use prayer of healing on the same group twice.

-One of my pet peeves is when flag carriers outrun the healers in bgs.

-I originally tried healing for the quicker queue times and fell in love.

-I used to make sure I level capped all my healer classes in case one was too nerfed.

-The second you complain about heals in an instance when it wasn't a healing issue you will never receive a heal from me again.
Edited by Shadé on 7/15/2014 12:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Before I started raiding heroics, I encouraged everyone in the group to stand in more bad things. It got really boring with a disc priest as the other healer. To this end, I intentionally stood in Nazgrim's aftershock and died instantly from full hp. We ended up wiping 'cause a couple dps stood in it too later on and our brez was wasted on me.

I constantly do things our tanks are supposed to be doing (taking orbs on Norushen, taking mines on Juggernaut, taunting adds like the shamans before Nazgrim). At first I did it just to help the raid. Now I do it because it makes them freak out.

On Malkorok I stand in the middle and heal everyone (10 man). I don't consider this type of behavior padding, though some probably see it this way. I just like having more to do.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I usually get a lot of phone calls during trash pulls.

Yes, yes...phone calls!

Specially sha of pride trash. People seem to love me during those pulls!
Edited by Sengis on 7/15/2014 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I play disc, my husband plays holy. I enjoy making him bored.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I will HoP obnoxious DPS to screw up their burst/rotation ;)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

I'll overwrite other shamans' earth shields. You can always tell the meter !@#$%s because they will ^-*!@ up a storm.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
07/17/2014 02:10 PMPosted by Fredshock

I'll overwrite other shamans' earth shields. You can always tell the meter !@#$%s because they will ^-*!@ up a storm.

Or, you know, it's just annoying. Especially when I've been healing a squishy tank that's been eating through ES and another Shammy joins and immediately starts ES them after I put it on. I'm not particularly fond of squinting at the tiny buffs to make sure they aren't just blasting through them even faster.

Do I say anything? Nope. But if you want to do that then you better keep on ES that tank because I've stopped.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmm here are mine
-if I'm meant to be stunning a bonecrusher on galakras, I always let a tick or 3 off so I can pad like crazy with beacon.
-I run 5mans as DPS, no matter what I que as.
- I have healed H25 spoils as holy but wearing ret gear. Mana was tight towards the end.
- if I want to watch tv or a movie I will do Lfr on my priest. Smite spam, and if anything else important comes up it makes a noise and I can move
- I once came 3rd DPS in LFR on my holy paladin. It was an immerseus kill where we almost hit berserk (LFR immerseus has a berserk apparently)
- revival is a totally useless spell and only has two uses - sniping tranq on war songs/iron stars, and ensuring everyone dies on sha trash.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
-I life gripped my co-healer into Norushen's beam so I could single heal the fight. Twice.

-In raids, when I see other healers have used their major throughput CD (eg Tranq, HTT) I barrier the raid and starting Spirit Shelling.

-Void Swap -> Life Grip on the trash before Malkorok, the ones with a massive cleave. Also works on Paragon trash.
Edited by Iviker on 7/18/2014 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If I am trying to pad numbers in lfr, I will intentionally step out of other healers' ground AoEs.
Reply Quote
96 Troll Priest
I still go into msv lfr to life grip someone onto Elegon's platform right before it despawns and use Nitro boosts to save myself.

I'm secretly happy when a healer dies in an encounter so I can pad more.

I aim to be top dps in heroic dungeons/lfr
Edited by Taraaku on 7/20/2014 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I drunk heal and have a hard time healing rude dps players. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]