Warlords of Draenor Moves Into Beta!

(Locked)

90 Worgen Warlock
@Jenoelle,
I believe if you have the option for the download you have a beta invite, you just may have not yet received an email or it could have gone to your spam folder. Jest check your account management on the blizzard website to find out for sure.

@Ratshag,
Its not that they are telling you to "test it now!" Its more along the line of you opted in for an invite and got one, how you test is up to you, and as for the finished product comment this is beta, and as such they are working on making a finished product with our feedback. If you want to test and give feedback or not is up to you, but you are in no way obligated to do so. As such I'm not sure where the issue you seem to have with it lies.
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
When will the new NA char copy be enabled? It's still "in maintenance"
100 Night Elf Hunter
06/27/2014 12:05 PMPosted by Ratshag
Sorry, Zarhym, can't take off in the middle of the afternoon to play a video game. Some of us feel an obligation to deliver finished products to our customers in a timely fashion.

So.....would you prefer to have not gotten an invitation?
I am confused.
Edited by Kyraz on 6/27/2014 12:26 PM PDT
Community Manager
06/27/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Omegal

Character Copy is enabled and accessible on the Character Selection screen within the game client, not on the website.

That said, some people might currently be receiving "Copy Failed" errors due to the high volume of people attempting to use this feature.
90 Troll Druid
06/27/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Zarhym

Character Copy is enabled and accessible on the Character Selection screen within the game client, not on the website.

That said, some people might currently be receiving "Copy Failed" errors due to the high volume of people attempting to use this feature.

Exactly what I wanted to see...literally 8sec after you post it O:
100 Human Paladin

I am able to copy my alts to the beta but not my main (the toon I'm posting this on). I've checked to make sure that I have no mail or items posted on the AH but it still gives me the "Copy failed".

Anything I can do to fix this on my end?
90 Troll Druid
Any chance on enabling Faction swap?
90 Night Elf Druid
Thank you for the invite. I just wanted to point out that night elf eye brows have a black line between them. I know you will fix this before launch of the game. Also been getting kicked a lot from beta tho that is normal since we only have two severs up with all the invites going out its full. :)
100 Night Elf Hunter
So if you can post here you can play in beta?

Also does anyone know if you can play Alliance yet?
Edited by Ariktu on 6/27/2014 12:46 PM PDT
100 Undead Monk
So from what I understand you are starting it up at 2pm to stress test the server, is the crashing issue going on right now going to be resolved for this test?
91 Blood Elf Priest
My warlock would apparently like to lodge a complaint about your restriction on Draenor...

She was still there when the restriction was put into effect. I just logged in and was told "You are where you should not be." AKA: No Mans Land.

Apparently she's better at squatting in her new home than the game server is at teleportation because she refuses to be transported out of Draenor.

She now causes me to get disconnected every time I log into her on Echo Isles.

Edit: I think she may have pulled a "From my cold, dead hands." as the moment she was successfully teleported back to Org (6 login attempts later) the server crashed.

Maybe she's just angry that I roll priest as my main now? :P
Edited by Sérenîty on 6/27/2014 1:01 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Hunter
I loooooove the new Character Copy system that's being used. It's super convenient, very neat, and very fast.
91 Blood Elf Priest
06/27/2014 12:33 PMPosted by Nyc

I am able to copy my alts to the beta but not my main (the toon I'm posting this on). I've checked to make sure that I have no mail or items posted on the AH but it still gives me the "Copy failed".

Anything I can do to fix this on my end?

I am having this issue with only my main as well.
100 Human Mage
I think we crashed Echo Isles :P
100 Human Warlock

there's def somthing preventing certin toons from copying. i copied all my toons back to back but my lock. it wont copy
Edited by Shadofall on 6/27/2014 1:02 PM PDT
100 Human Mage
Wish I could play but download this last 1 GB just wont happen it seems.
100 Human Warlock
06/27/2014 01:07 PMPosted by Rayo

no clue what your os is but i notice on my mac it would stop.. had to pause/restart. my pc didnt have that issue
100 Night Elf Hunter
06/27/2014 01:02 PMPosted by Shadofall

there's def somthing preventing certin toons from copying. i copied all my toons back to back but my lock. it wont copy

Same, copied 3 other characters with no issue, my main won't copy. "Copy failed"
100 Blood Elf Paladin
ONE
I totally understand, and even though it is inconvenient, I understand it is your reserved right as a company testing their game but you don't feel this would have been better down the line when things are actually worth slamming?

We waited a full week for this build, and I DCed at least 10 times just yesterday before the "stress."
Just seems like build 2 of a public test isn't the time for this, but hey I'm along for the ride, so I am happy enough.

It does seem like the servers going offline every 10 seconds has stopped, which is great news.
Edited by Metrolol on 6/27/2014 1:28 PM PDT
100 Human Mage
06/27/2014 01:10 PMPosted by Shadofall
06/27/2014 01:07 PMPosted by Rayo

no clue what your os is but i notice on my mac it would stop.. had to pause/restart. my pc didnt have that issue

It's PC it SAY'S it downloading at 700 KB/s but the 1.59 GB isn't moving at all.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]