PVP gear shenanigans

100 Undead Priest
Got kicked from a fresh SoO normal for having 6 pieces of pvp gear today (3 of that are rings and a neck).
Apparently they didn't want to ''carry'' me.
Note that the leader was a 549 ww monk, and he added me to the group 2nd.
After about 20 minutes of trying to get people, he then invited that shaman.

Nobody said anything about 3 healing it.

God forbid you replace your LFR necklace with a 550 pvp piece, you fiend!

http://postimg.org/image/4ra7xyulp/

And an assortment of normal and flex raids, where i was the least geared healer (which didn't stop me from topping the charts) :

http://postimg.org/image/uivn442h7/
http://postimg.org/image/tmuxdcjfx/
http://postimg.org/image/eczahgxaj/

I've 2 healed 7/14 with pugs so far. But yeah, i just want to get carried with my obviously subpar to LFR pvp gear. (Because we're still WoTLK)

TL;DR
Get a raiding guild
Edited by Ooiooiooioo on 7/5/2014 6:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You sure it was the pvp gear and not the three pieces of hit gear?

Or maybe the missing enchants?

Or the odd gemming choices?

Or all the crit for a holy spec?

It's a pug. In a pug pugs expect other pugs to be less than awesome, and if your gearing/gemming/reforging suggests that you don't know what you're doing, they don't have any reason to believe otherwise.

TL;DR: Get your stuff together before ranting on a forum.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Reforging my main spec gear to spr definitely suggests i haven't the slightest clue.

And now, if you'd be so kind to point out my missing enchants, i'd be very thankful

I pug 2 healed 7/14 while always being top heals. Never ooming once.

Also, my gemming choice is perfectly adequate for my MS.
(and also for holy, read on)

i'm not going to reenchant/regem to spr when i'm not having mana problems whatsoever. Rather have that extra 20% crit over other healers.

and stick with the crit and have hymn tick for 340k and Cascade for 230k, as well as potentially doubling my healing input with each and every spell cast, than get that extra 3% HOT from Echo of Light if i regemmed/enchanted mastery.

What an utterly difficult choice, really....reforge to mastery for a 3% passive gain, or stick with crit for an 18%-36% gain in heals.

Haste is terrible, before you go on with your elitism. To get to hastecap, i'd have to give up 18% of my crit and 4k spr. and for what? An extra 40k tick on renew, or that extra 300k tick on hymn? yeah, no thanks.
Doesn't help that 90% of holy spells are instant-cast.

I've put a lot of time and effort into creating the most efficient healer i could.
And yeah, 80% of the people in pugs are absolutely trash.
Not my problem
Edited by Ooiooiooioo on 7/5/2014 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
This has to be a troll post

/throws the troll a fish
A pug doesn't know how L33T you are as a healer.
And sometimes people join pugs groups to troll or be carried.

The raid leader has to make a quick decision on who to take and having +HIT gear on a healer as well as PVP gear will often disqualify you.

I'm guessing you already know that and still came to the forums. I would say that the raid leader made the right call.
also
your name doesn't help your cause O.o
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I shouldn't be doing this, I know I shouldn't, but...

07/05/2014 07:53 AMPosted by Ooiooiooioo
Reforging my main spec gear to spr definitely suggests i haven't the slightest clue.

Huh? If you never go oom as you've mentioned, then yes, reforging into spirit does in fact suggest you don't know what you're doing.

And now, if you'd be so kind to point out my missing enchants, i'd be very thankful

Congrats on enchanting all your gear. But don't pretend you weren't missing one before.

I pug 2 healed 7/14 while always being top heals. Never ooming once.

Maybe this group intended to go further than 7/14. Plus I have no way to express how little I care about healing meters so your being on top of them doesn't matter if you're spamming aoes while letting single targets die.

Also, my gemming choice is perfectly adequate for my MS.
(and also for holy, read on)

Don't know too many shadow priests that would gem pure int or pure crit. But that's the point isn't it? You have both pure int and pure crit gems. Either int is better in which you gem int in reds and int/crit in oranges, or crit is better in which case the int/crit gems go in the red sockets and the pure crit gems go in the yellow sockets.

i'm not going to reenchant/regem to spr when i'm not having mana problems whatsoever. Rather have that extra 20% crit over other healers.

Most crit is going to be over healing, but w/e.

What an utterly difficult choice, really....reforge to mastery for a 3% passive gain, or stick with crit for an 18%-36% gain in heals.

You're twisting the numbers to try and prove a point. It's not about Crit vs Mastery or Crit vs Haste in your gemming anyway, it's about having pure gems of two different types.

Haste is terrible, before you go on with your elitism. To get to hastecap, i'd have to give up 18% of my crit and 4k spr. and for what? An extra 40k tick on renew, or that extra 300k tick on hymn? yeah, no thanks.
Doesn't help that 90% of holy spells are instant-cast.

Who said anything about haste cap?

I've put a lot of time and effort into creating the most efficient healer i could.
Not my problem

I doubt it. If you spent "A lot of time" you'd have probably spent enough time to lose the hit gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/05/2014 06:31 AMPosted by Ooiooiooioo

TL;DR

Their raid, their rules is all I'm seeing here. I also find this title incredibly misleading as I was hoping to find actual shenanigans afoot.

07/05/2014 07:53 AMPosted by Ooiooiooioo

Your rant and your gearing make it seem like you are a part of this imaginary percentage, as is your constant need of self validation of posting recount to raid chat. Hell, I'd kick you for that alone.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Perhaps they kicked you for your attitude. I would have too :P Least they were nice about it.

Slightly disappointed, going with troll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]