Open Libram CXIX: Lazy Lobsters

100 Draenei Paladin
So I briefly tried Holy on the beta.

What under the Light do I need 7 or 8 different heals for, and why does everything seem to proc everything else? It's very confusing.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I briefly tried Holy on the beta.

What under the Light do I need 7 or 8 different heals for, and why does everything seem to proc everything else? It's very confusing.

Because that's how Healing works. You have a bunch of different healing spells which you use in different situations (7 is about right across the specs I've played), your dispel, healing cooldowns, raid cooldowns, tank cooldowns, mana regen abilities, personal defensive cooldowns, speed enhancements, plus whatever other useful things your spec brings to the table.

In my experience, more buttons than DPSing or Tanking though not necessarily a higher skill floor or skill cap. You certainly don't need perfect use of everything to be successful in dungeons or normal mode raids.
Edited by Boggyb on 7/28/2014 8:23 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/27/2014 04:51 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
So stupidity?

Again all the Horde groups I've been in that defended Galv and their towers have always won, the ones that try to zerg straight through the Alliance base are the fails.

Horde side can win without defending galv. All the horde really needs to do is backcap while the zerg happens, as well as capping the proper GYs before Aid Station. Does this happen all the time? Nah.

07/27/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Elidra
Most of the time Horde are going to lose AV anyway since most competent PvPers have it blacklisted.

I blacklist it because I don't wanna deal with the potentiality of waiting to lose.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember when during BC horde would never lose AV :*(
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 10:18 AMPosted by Liminara

That's when it was fun while rushing Aid Station, only to get to around 20% HP left by the time I got past both bunkers. Sometimes it was fruitless when the rest of the team didn't slowly plow north to help me out up there.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Destron
That's when it was fun while rushing Aid Station, only to get to around 20% HP left by the time I got past both bunkers. Sometimes it was fruitless when the rest of the team didn't slowly plow north to help me out up there.

Idk, i don't think i've lost a single AV on my rogue during bc, until after i got exalted with frost wolfs.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 10:18 AMPosted by Liminara

Same :(

I have a few lvl60 AV twinks during TBC but my favorite was my hunter, back when hunters used boar pets and Scatter Shot was MM only. Aimed Shot was a 1 shot. /longsigh
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 10:28 AMPosted by Liminara
Idk, i don't think i've lost a single AV on my rogue during bc, until after i got exalted with frost wolfs.

Probably was the battlegroup at the time. Mine wasn't as strong, but I wasn't really complaining about any losses because it was more 50/50.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Stormstrike and Rampage were both basically 100% Horde AV back then, up until they equalized the cave locations.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Remember when alliance tried to boycott AV by not queueing lol
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 11:40 AMPosted by Lobster

I can't understand why when it's a PVE race ultimately.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 10:55 AMPosted by Cayse
Stormstrike and Rampage were both basically 100% Horde AV back then, up until they equalized the cave locations.

Ya, i was on rampage and it was great.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 11:53 AMPosted by Destron
07/28/2014 11:40 AMPosted by Lobster

I can't understand why when it's a PVE race ultimately.

That's not why, it was because they couldn't win. Pre-2.4 when the Horde cave was moved to equalize the distance and significantly buff the mobs (and put in the stacking marshals buffs that is still in today), it was a 5 minute pve race that the Alliance could not win. They were flat out mechanically behind by about twenty seconds due to the map, the original Vanilla/most of BC position for the Horde cave was on the eastern side and slightly north of where Frostwolf Graveyard is. It was a significant advantage. And at the time Alliance also just could not kill the npcs as fast. Even now the bosses in AV aren't really all that equal. Drek kills people far more often, but Van has significantly more effective health.

Most of the time it's a pve race now (as is IoC) which is something Alliance line up around the block for because they win. Run oqueue and start successfully recapping or defending towers and you watch the Alliance start to afk out, because they aren't interested in pvp, they want their honor per hour.

07/28/2014 12:15 PMPosted by Liminara
07/28/2014 10:55 AMPosted by Cayse

Ya, i was on rampage and it was great.

Rampage will always be great! (even when they stuff me into games from other battlegroups. http://i.imgur.com/MeILozu.jpg because i'm a pve heeeeeeeero, according to an angry level 1, but more due to Dunida coming in after someone quit and being awesome)
Edited by Cayse on 7/28/2014 12:26 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't think i've ever managed to make it to bal, before alliance makes it to galv, past buff.

Just like i don't think you can get farm before stables.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Farm and stables are about five yards different. It more depends on who does what to get to a spot faster. If you ride to farm and a bunch (it frequently is a bunch) of Alliance blow speed CDs to get to farm, they'll get it first. If Alliance aren't stupid they can get to BS first, though. Despite how many will swear it's impossible.

Galv is closer because the tower layouts are different. Horde get to SHB about the time Alliance get to Galv (which is technically an advantage, should anyone actually manage to guard SHB until it burns) but in captain-tower-tower vs tower-captain-tower, they're pretty close to equal.

Blizzard doesn't like mirror maps, and they don't have to be mirrors to really be fair.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 12:23 PMPosted by Cayse
That's not why, it was because they couldn't win. Pre-2.4 when the Horde cave was moved to equalize the distance and significantly buff the mobs (and put in the stacking marshals buffs that is still in today), it was a 5 minute pve race that the Alliance could not win. They were flat out mechanically behind by about twenty seconds due to the map, the original Vanilla/most of BC position for the Horde cave was on the eastern side and slightly north of where Frostwolf Graveyard is. It was a significant advantage. And at the time Alliance also just could not kill the npcs as fast. Even now the bosses in AV aren't really all that equal. Drek kills people far more often, but Van has significantly more effective health.

Most of the time it's a pve race now (as is IoC) which is something Alliance line up around the block for because they win. Run oqueue and start successfully recapping or defending towers and you watch the Alliance start to afk out, because they aren't interested in pvp, they want their honor per hour.

Must be a difference of the experience. I don't recall Alliance losing that hard(let alone loose 100% of the time) in my battlegroup. I get what you're saying, but I didn't seem that detrimental as you made it sound during that time.
100 Draenei Paladin
Now all 3 of my monitors are 1080p. Used to only have two 1080p monitors.

Kinda feel like trying wow across all of them.
100 Gnome Warlock
07/28/2014 06:05 PMPosted by Ellieasa
Now all 3 of my monitors are 1080p. Used to only have two 1080p monitors.

TOO SMALL EXECUTUS!
07/28/2014 06:05 PMPosted by Ellieasa
Kinda feel like trying wow across all of them.

http://i.imgur.com/SYpJsOA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2dqABil.jpg

:D
Edited by Muletia on 7/28/2014 6:08 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
I did it for like 20 seconds and wanted to puke.

I'll keep my multitasking setup I suppose. I'll keep chrome and its tabs on the left one, gaming on the center, and twitch stream on the right.

70 bucks for a 1080p IPS monitor. 5ms delay and it is really noticeable compared to my center which is <1ms.

Now to wait for 4k to decide what its gonna do. Currently its lackluster with windows issues with scaling and the hardware isn't and wont be there for a few more years. I'd almost go 1440p over 4k right now. Especially with that ASUS ROG swift hype.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Idk, i feel like multimonitor setup would suck for raiding.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]