Current State of Ret

97 Blood Elf Paladin
The problem with ret isn't really damage output, it isn't really a lack of skill with players, it isn't the off heals we can provide. The problem is we just don't have the same amount of CC as the other classes. This has been the issue since MoP rolled out. In rbgs its key in MoP to have loads of CC. A ret paladin can yes be viable in a rbg but why have a ret when you can take a warrior. Multiple stuns, fears, snares, etc and same damage output in equal gear.

Wait for WoD, ret will be viable again with CC reduction in the game. Ret is actually the most balanced spec in the game, but given again what mop is about with pure cc we aren't as good. Soon young paladins we will be back on the viable list, until then make your own rbgs teams or get people that don't mind having you on their team (you must prove your worth) and you'll grind those ratings up.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
07/28/2014 12:13 PMPosted by Papîlia
The problem with ret isn't really damage output, it isn't really a lack of skill with players, it isn't the off heals we can provide. The problem is we just don't have the same amount of CC as the other classes. This has been the issue since MoP rolled out. In rbgs its key in MoP to have loads of CC. A ret paladin can yes be viable in a rbg but why have a ret when you can take a warrior. Multiple stuns, fears, snares, etc and same damage output in equal gear.

Wait for WoD, ret will be viable again with CC reduction in the game. Ret is actually the most balanced spec in the game, but given again what mop is about with pure cc we aren't as good. Soon young paladins we will be back on the viable list, until then make your own rbgs teams or get people that don't mind having you on their team (you must prove your worth) and you'll grind those ratings up.
Total nonsense. Warriors and rets dont have the same damage, Warriors have double.

Also we have virtually no CC yet Blizz is taking away Blinding light. That leaves us with FOJ and warriors will still have 3 times our cc even with their reduction.

Ret will continue to be the garbage spec of wow
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
Meanwhile i'm having 0 problems farming warriors on timeless isle :3
o well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
07/28/2014 01:22 PMPosted by Liminara
Meanwhile i'm having 0 problems farming warriors on timeless isle :3
o well.
Yeah, you are that special Ret that can deal with their endless CC and damage. Cause Ret's have so many ways to get out of CC and we never have to choose between using Holy Power for tiny heals or tiny damage. You are very special.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Agincourt
Yeah, you are that special Ret that can deal with their endless CC and damage. Cause Ret's have so many ways to get out of CC and we never have to choose between using Holy Power for tiny heals or tiny damage. You are very special.

Yes, i stay outside of melee range and spam HoW and watch them die.
It's soo much fun to have all that haste on my gear from killing dragons that allows me to have fun.
Granted they generally die before Fist is over :*(

That being said i'd enjoy farming you a lot more, so you can come to forums and QQ how ret is op, because they're farming you, and how ret is super weak because you're getting farmed.
Edited by Liminara on 7/28/2014 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
07/28/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Liminara
07/28/2014 01:28 PMPosted by Agincourt

Yes, i stay outside of melee range and spam HoW and watch them die.
It's soo much fun to have all that haste on my gear from killing dragons that allows me to have fun.
Granted they generally die before Fist is over :*(

That being said i'd enjoy farming you a lot more, so you can come to forums and QQ how ret is op, because they're farming you, and how ret is super weak because you're getting farmed.
No chance in the world you could ever farm me. LOLOLO
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Agincourt
No chance in the world you could ever farm me. LOLOLO

Idk, i've farmed warriors and supposedly they're better than you, so by transitive property i can farm you.
I can also farm dragons, and dragons are more intimidating than you.

P.S. any horde on agincourt's servers can invite me later on to get phased ?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Agin, you can't seriously say that ret's damage is weak. During burst you can crit back-to-back 140ks + autos, censure, guardian damage.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
07/28/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Arte
Agin, you can't seriously say that ret's damage is weak. During burst you can crit back-to-back 140ks + autos, censure, guardian damage.

Agin can... but you know why. Agin is a clicker and uses every spell right from the spellbook.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 01:52 PMPosted by Berith
Agin can... but you know why. Agin is a clicker and uses every spell right from the spellbook.

[enter] /cast Hammer of Wrath [enter]
amidoingitrightsenpai
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
07/28/2014 01:54 PMPosted by Liminara

[enter] /cast Hammer of Wrath [enter]
amidoingitrightsenpai

At least it's not clicking. Wonder which method would be more efficient.
Reply Quote
97 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Agincourt
07/28/2014 12:13 PMPosted by Papîlia

Total nonsense. Warriors and rets dont have the same damage, Warriors have double.

Also we have virtually no CC yet Blizz is taking away Blinding light. That leaves us with FOJ and warriors will still have 3 times our cc even with their reduction.

Ret will continue to be the garbage spec of wow

Maybe it's just me I stacked mastery and crit thus far over haste. I know haste gives more but my dps output in bgs/rbgs/arena is the same as a warrior.

Ret's our 2-piece pvp bonus in WoD will reduce all CC effect by 50% while wings are active. So that too me is pretty good.

All classes are losing CC. So blinding light is an acceptable loss. Considering for example hunters are losing both scatter shot and silencing shot.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
guardian damage.

My guardian's melee damage from my pvp over the weekend, the low end hits and crits are 17k and 35k. Guardian, judgement and censure killed a semi-decent warrior hiding in the far corner of DB yesterday.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Once again the PVE pally chimes in
Edited by Agincourt on 7/28/2014 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
"Clicker? LOL. I have macros even Vanguards" - Agincourt, 2014
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
07/28/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Agincourt

The only reason I do is because you're smearing crap all over our server's reputation, especially with your awful transmog.

You guys should read the trade chat. If you think it's only us here that get to deal with this guy...
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Agincourt

1v1 me on timeless isle brah
unless you're afraid that a pve pally will farm you for bloody coins.

just for the record, you hitting 1.4k in arena makes me very proud of you, and scurred
Edited by Liminara on 7/28/2014 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2014 02:02 PMPosted by Berith
You guys should read the trade chat. If you think it's only us here that get to deal with this guy...

I've seen it.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
The only reason I do is because you're smearing crap all over our server's reputation, especially with your awful transmog.

Plz tell me your horde paladin is same server.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Air

screen shot pls.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]