<Ret> What to do after Thoks.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
All of them. Multi-target, varied fight lengths, etc. I run what's most efficient on average (at least in my gear and for my guild's kill times).
Edited by Qris on 8/1/2014 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Qris, do you guys post your logs on warcraftlogs with replays?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I thought we did, but apparently our main logs aren't done with ACL turned on. I'll either start logging myself with it on, or get our GM to start using it.

We do log publicly though: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/2409

Consistency is questionable sometimes because we do carries. Sometimes we have only one relatively geared carry, other times we have as many as three horribly-geared carries, which can skew overall raid performance a bit.
Edited by Qris on 8/1/2014 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm assuming that even though you carry peeps, you guys still take the aggressive tactics in encounters (phasing all three protectors at a time, staying on IJ, etc.)?

You did bring up a better parse on IJ, are you using Skeer's? I've read if you can a near 3m kill on him it is supposed to be optimal.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, we still use aggressive strategies despite carries. I've never used/considered using Skeer's. TTT and reduced CDs too stronk. And yeah, a 3-3.5 minute kill on Sha would be ideal. I'm not sure why ours are so slow.

Edit: I'm in a Crit build right now, but 90% of the time I'm playing Mastery.
Edited by Qris on 8/1/2014 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Mdbtf brought up using skeer's on IJ in the Anaxie thread on mmo-champ a couple of weeks ago. He said his tests show that if you can get a ~3min parse it would be worth using. I forget what he said he didn't use in it's place. I would assume you'd use it in place of EEoG since the cdmg should go well with Skeer's.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So just a question here....

But wouldn't a 70% Mastery (with mastery buff)/ 60% Haste (with raid buff) /30% Critical Strike be an optimal setup?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/01/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Holenhiem

But wouldn't a 70% Mastery (with mastery buff)/ 60% Haste (with raid buff) /30% Critical Strike be an optimal setup?

There is no haste buff.
And why would exactly those numbers be optimal ?

08/01/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Maegoree
He said his tests show that if you can get a ~3min parse it would be worth using.

Hmm, that would be odd, since a 3 min fight using EEoG over Skeer would give you 20 sec extra worth of Wings.
Granted it's most likely that you would already be in execute range, so the gain isn't as significant.
Edited by Liminara on 8/1/2014 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/01/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Maegoree
Mdbtf brought up using skeer's on IJ in the Anaxie thread on mmo-champ a couple of weeks ago. He said his tests show that if you can get a ~3min parse it would be worth using. I forget what he said he didn't use in it's place. I would assume you'd use it in place of EEoG since the cdmg should go well with Skeer's.

It's an interesting theory. The difference in DPS on a Juggernaut-like sim between a 4/4 HWF SBT and a 4/4 HWF EEoG is surprisingly small with a 4/4 HWF TTT (500-1000 DPS in favor of the EEoG), but is much larger with a non-WF TTT (3k-ish DPS in favor of EEoG). That said, this is all based on an RNG-centric stat. The differences may be much larger or smaller in practice (obviously).

I would have assumed the difference would be larger considering you give up a second set of wings by going with SBT over EEoG, even if you don't get the entire set.

Either way, I may try Skeer's out if I get one. I haven't seen many of them drop.
Edited by Qris on 8/1/2014 3:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hmmm, have a H non WF one, time to see how well it would work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What struck me as odd about 3m is losing the second cast of GoAK (assuming no EEoG). But if your SBT is proccing during the opening burst that is a lot of crit hammers/TV/4pDS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/01/2014 02:54 PMPosted by Liminara
08/01/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Holenhiem

There is no haste buff.
And why would exactly those numbers be optimal ?

[quote="136780769458"]He said his tests show that if you can get a ~3min parse it would be worth using.

Spell Haste Buff is the Raid Buff that I am talking about, even thought I don't think it affects our haste. And the reason I would think it is optimal is because I remember reading somewhere that after 70% Mastery there is diminishing returns and with crit I believe at 30% wouldn't that mean that 1 in 3 hits would crit? Again not sure about the math on that but let me know what you think.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/01/2014 05:20 PMPosted by Holenhiem
30% wouldn't that mean that 1 in 3 hits would crit?

._.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Spell Haste Buff is the Raid Buff that I am talking about, even thought I don't think it affects our haste. And the reason I would think it is optimal is because I remember reading somewhere that after 70% Mastery there is diminishing returns and with crit I believe at 30% wouldn't that mean that 1 in 3 hits would crit? Again not sure about the math on that but let me know what you think.

It's only AS, not haste.
Link about DR.
#NotEven33%
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/01/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Liminara

It's only AS, not haste.
Link about DR.
#NotEven33%

It's only AS, not haste.

Yep figured as much.
Link about DR.

Can't find it, but that is why I was asking, because it seemed suspect, and I wanted to get a definitive answer on that.
#NotEven33%

:( .... Guess I'll stick with this mastery build then, even though simcraft still wants me to go completely crit... Which I don't understand why it keeps reverting my prority to Crit>Mastery.....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You guys are over complicating it...
Single target - haste 50%>crit>mastery
Cleave - haste 40/50%>mastery>crit
There's a trade off either way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/02/2014 12:44 AMPosted by Thotty

If you don't like theorycrafting discussions, stay away from them. Don't tell people they are over-complicating it, because that's how figure stuff out in the first place. Those Single Target vs Cleave numbers you give ? They were figured out doing these kind of conversations and tests.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
These posts are great to get feedback from people like Liminara, Maegoree, and others knowledge about about the math and numbers important to our class, I appreciate their posts because it gives me the ability to ask questions and seek clarification, and also see a glimpse into the numerical world with more depth. Thanks guys I hope I did not side rail your conversation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/02/2014 02:28 PMPosted by Holenhiem
These posts are great to get feedback from people like Liminara, Maegoree, and others knowledge about about the math and numbers important to our class, I appreciate their posts because it gives me the ability to ask questions and seek clarification, and also see a glimpse into the numerical world with more depth. Thanks guys I hope I did not side rail your conversation.

I like you
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
08/02/2014 06:54 AMPosted by Berith
08/02/2014 12:44 AMPosted by Thotty

If you don't like theorycrafting discussions, stay away from them. Don't tell people they are over-complicating it, because that's how figure stuff out in the first place. Those Single Target vs Cleave numbers you give ? They were figured out doing these kind of conversations and tests.

Yeah.. You're just repeating the same information over and over again. It's not the discussion it's the fact that once someone says what needs to be said everyone feels the need to chime in saying the same exact thing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]