<Ret> What to do after Thoks.

100 Blood Elf Paladin
@Thotty, but you're kind of wrong with your ST/AoE post above. It isn't cut and dry like you say. Really it's a lot murkier. Some of the most successful rets throughout 5.4 have been crit since they got a hwf TTT (580 at the time). And they've stayed on top. And SoO is a cleave tier, with only one real ST fight. So to say mastery wins aoe and crit wins ST is incorrect.

@Holenheim, I'm just a good parrot of better players. But to your earlier posts, mastery does not suffer from DR. From my ST sims though, the highest average dps is achieved by not going full blast either mastery or crit, but finding the in between point.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
If you know what you're doing it is cut and dry like that. The problem is there is a lack of talented ret paladins compared to other classes. When I can come back to the game and have multiple top 40 parses w/ a 577 ilvl this late into the tier it shows a lack of talent @ a specific class.

The players who got those were more than likely already ahead on gear so of course they would be on top and stay on top.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/03/2014 09:47 AMPosted by Thotty
If you know what you're doing it is cut and dry like that. The problem is there is a lack of talented ret paladins compared to other classes. When I can come back to the game and have multiple top 40 parses w/ a 577 ilvl this late into the tier it shows a lack of talent @ a specific class.

The players who got those were more than likely already ahead on gear so of course they would be on top and stay on top.

Funny, Simcraft actually disagrees with you on the cut and dry part.

Can you post from your Paladin and link us some parts if you're that good ? Trying to stiffle discussion like that is pretty dumb.

08/02/2014 03:14 PMPosted by Thotty
Yeah.. You're just repeating the same information over and over again. It's not the discussion it's the fact that once someone says what needs to be said everyone feels the need to chime in saying the same exact thing

Shows you didn't read this thread : for one, I barely participated, and most Rets here were discussing the value of crit over mastery.

What's even your goal here ? Just move on if you don't find anything interesting in a thread.
Edited by Berith on 8/3/2014 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
08/03/2014 09:47 AMPosted by Thotty

Almost everyone i know, who were good at their main spec, are playing their OS right now, to learn/improve in it, so ranks would likely be stagnating.

I still hold a number of top prot parses, despite not seriously playing prot for ~3 month, and doing so in ~572 gear...

Especially when you remember that most of the dps benefit from shorter fights, and while your ilvl might be 577, the kill times are a lot quicker than when everyone was 577.
Edited by Liminara on 8/3/2014 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This is the stuff im talking about this dude has 1 heroic garrosh kill and he's going to come at me with the only thing that's EVER on these forums. CLCRET AND SIMCRAFT OMG. That's probably why there's a lack of talent at this class/spec.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
Everything is easy and simple (read: cut and dry) on paper.

In practice it hardly matters. I outrank a ton of Crit build players (including on single-target fights). Some Crit build players outrank me (on AoE). Mostly Europeans (why are they so good?) Funfunfunfunfunfun, let's keep talking in circles.
Edited by Qris on 8/6/2014 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I've noticed no real difference between 50% haste>crit and 40% haste>mastery (less than a .5% difference). Does anyone else?
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
08/06/2014 08:54 PMPosted by Thotty
probably why there's a lack of talent at this class/spec

Or probably because even #1 ret parses world, are still middle of the pack in their raid ?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
People think rankings matter at all this late in the tier? lol. Do some of you really change your gemming/reforging between single target and AOE fights? Seems like a huge waste of time for your raid.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
08/07/2014 01:26 AMPosted by Lobster
People think rankings matter at all this late in the tier?

Ranking only matters late into the tier tho...
Early in the tier it's just rng of who got H weapon+gal+ttt (for example) first, and who ignores more mechanics to max dps, which can actually be fairly bad for newer encounters.

Late into the tier everyone has ~same gear (!@#$ you warforged) and being a scumbag dps isn't that bad for your raid.

Seems like a huge waste of time for your raid.

I'd imagine people don't do it between bosses.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
Most ranking players are on more even ground in terms of gear and kill times late in the tier. Blaming "end of tier, don't care" for lack of trying is just an out to me. This is as good a time as any to prove yourself deserving of a WoD raid spot if you're in a competitive enough guild that has multiple of certain specs.

If you aren't, fine, whatevs. To each their own. I choose to compete for ranks because I enjoy it, though. Preferably with as little scumbagging as possible, but sometimes that's your only option for high ranks (Immerseus, Galakras, Paragons).

It's definitely a waste of time to change gear out just for certain bosses though (in my opinion). Most players probably won't do significantly better just because they switch from Mastery to Crit for Juggernaut. I mean, there's a chance. But still.

08/07/2014 05:28 AMPosted by Liminara
(!@#$ you warforged)

#blizzplsnomoreofthisinwod
Edited by Qris on 8/7/2014 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
08/07/2014 12:54 PMPosted by Qris

08/07/2014 05:28 AMPosted by Liminara
(!@#$ you warforged)

#blizzplsnomoreofthisinwod

It's only getting worse with terts and gems.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
hey guess what i finally coined
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
People think rankings matter at all this late in the tier? lol. Do some of you really change your gemming/reforging between single target and AOE fights? Seems like a huge waste of time for your raid.

Don't think people change their gemming each fight. But trying out different things each week to rank/do better on particular fights ?

Sure.

08/07/2014 03:57 PMPosted by Kaehlen

Grats on either! I'm only half there with my HWF EEoG. My ret gear still is 5 weeks out from fully 4/4 upgrade -_-. At least it's close to BiS now.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin

Grats, I hate you. My guild has literally never had a HWF TTT drop, and only our DK has ever coined it arghhh. Edit: We've had 2 carries coin it, too. THAT was fun.
Edited by Qris on 8/7/2014 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
08/07/2014 12:54 PMPosted by Qris
Most ranking players are on more even ground in terms of gear and kill times late in the tier. Blaming "end of tier, don't care" for lack of trying is just an out to me. This is as good a time as any to prove yourself deserving of a WoD raid spot if you're in a competitive enough guild that has multiple of certain specs.

Agreed, granted i stopped going for prot ranks, since i was already top 3 us, while being lowest ilvl in top 40 players. :X
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
LA

"Finally" /shakes fist...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

luckyluckylucky
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]