Mastery vs Haste? Yeah I know

100 Dwarf Paladin
08/06/2014 09:11 AMPosted by Berith
08/06/2014 08:29 AMPosted by Vlada
To be fair, you could have read the last sentence and figured it out.

Some hunters backpeddle in PvE too...

To be fair : "figuring it out" is exactly what I was saying. If you make a thread, don't make it so your reader has to "figure it out".

to be fair, maybe you just shouldn't be a c*nt
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/06/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Berith
As I said, I just wanted to indicate that people should make clear interventions with clear topics to avoid possible confusion and "figuring out" that is just wasteful. Period.

Wasteful? All you are saying now that the OP wasted your time by making you click his Armory.
You're on the wow Forums ! That should be an indication that you are wasting your own time.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
internetz <3
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Now apparent this is a PvP thread from the OP's language use. Enjoy your forum vacation, next time indicate "PvP" somewhere in the post.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/07/2014 06:26 PMPosted by Magnus
not ONCE has anyone ever blown something so entirely small out of proportion

>he says in response to a five word question with multiple posts (in a row!) and an essay-length creation filled with hate and profanities

IDK i feel like i don't really believe you when you say that
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
To the OP
Generally I've found success getting all the pieces that have haste on them and then go for Crit > Mastery.
So Haste > Crit > Mastery The reason I do that is because crit also effects your heals so get a double bonus with crit while mastery only increases your dps (more so just your burst).

But I think with enough mastery you can deal quite a bit of damage even outside your CDs but don't quote me on that, it's only just a thought.

So basically ask yourself this:

Do I want as much burst and damage as possible? Stack Mastery

Do I want to be more well rounded with off healing and damage with the RnG factor? Stack Crit

Haste doesn't do as much for us in PvP as everything is fast paced. No dragon to dps for 10 minutes but just people that need to go down in under 6 seconds.
Edited by Brosokthra on 8/8/2014 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
08/08/2014 12:21 AMPosted by Aisling

To the OP
Generally I've found success getting all the pieces that have haste on them and then go for Crit > Mastery.
So Haste > Crit > Mastery The reason I do that is because crit also effects your heals so get a double bonus with crit while mastery only increases your dps (more so just your burst).

But I think with enough mastery you can deal quite a bit of damage even outside your CDs but don't quote me on that, it's only just a thought.

So basically ask yourself this:

Do I want as much burst and damage as possible? Stack Mastery

Do I want to be more well rounded with off healing and damage with the RnG factor? Stack Crit

Haste doesn't do as much for us in PvP as everything is fast paced. No dragon to dps for 10 minutes but just people that need to go down in under 6 seconds.

Thanks man, and thanks to all the other Pallies and others that helped me, I really appreciate it and I've been reading all of your posts and thinking about what I'm gonna do next.

*edit* I think I'm gonna try mastery
Edited by Brosokthra on 8/8/2014 8:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
08/06/2014 07:20 AMPosted by Magnus
I can't keep breaking everything in my house when I get killed by a back pedaling hunter

Also I will add that if you're honestly mad about this, reforging is the least of your probs. Probably just an unlucky day or that Hunter literally caught you with your pants down...it happens in pvp. Just gotta let it go, let it go
Edited by Aisling on 8/8/2014 12:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
lol nah jk about that
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I personally prefer Str > Crit > haste=mastery. Crit will benefit your burst and healing. That's my personal reasoning.

It really comes down to gear. When you get full prideful you will become an unstoppable juggernaut.

Don't try and be a warrior. You are a paladin. Paladin support abilities are REALLY strong.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm playing around with the Mastery/Crit build. I still don't like it as much as the Haste build, but I'm gonna keep playing around with it to see if I can get use to it.

I definitely notice an increase in damage, and my offhealing isn't bad... but what definitely is making me miss the haste build the most is getting up my selfless healer proc.

I may try out Mastery>Haste>Crit for the hell of it.
Reply Quote
I used to run crit/mastery, but ever since I switched to full haste, I haven't looked back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For pvp burst, run str/crit/mastery it works just for the burst

for pve

haste to breakpoint the mastery due to the 4 set bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I've been playing around with doing a Mastery/Haste build. Keeping my Haste at 20% and with Might I'm at 51% Mastery... and I gotta say.. my damage seems to have increased pretty noticeably.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warrior
I'm 100% all about helping. Actually clicked on this thread to see if it was a Prot Paladin wanting some questions answered about Haste vs Mastery.

In the end, if you post a thread wanting help, making your intentions clear and your topic clear will help people focus their help and make them willing to help. When you waste someone's time, it gets annoying to that person, and he might be less willing to help in the future.

If anything, you should be wishing the Paladin community was less about "clues" and "figuring out" and being more clear in their interventions.

You complain about having to click on his armory link yet look how much time you waste whining about your troubles. Ironic.

If you can't intuitively figure out this was about PvP then you have bigger issues.

GTFO no one here likes you.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Tinyurl.com/Retbasics2
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]