Prot pally questions

90 Human Paladin
i just started my prot set, its not gemed or fully enchanted yet so plz dont remind of that xD lol what i want to know is if i need any specific addons for tanking? like in norushen i cant seem to taunt the adds fast enough but i see alot of tanks do it with ease :(..................so pretty much do i need an addon for tanking?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
DBM and GTFO are two that will be very helpful.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/06/2014 10:39 AMPosted by Enmebaragesi
its not gemed or fully enchanted yet so plz dont remind of that xD

Can we then remind you that you started completely wrong ? One of the problems of Protection are how screwed up the loot tables are. Unfortunately, you ended up in the that trap, and you're wearing a lot of the wrong items. It's not a RNG thing, you didn't properly adjust your Loot specialization.

Thus you have things like the Ordos bracers/shoulders or all the Prot Timeless pieces. For those, you should have been using Retribution as a loot specialization to get the right pieces.

Forget add-ons for a second, there's only 1 that's needed for tanking : Threat Plates. Rest is the same as any other role. What you need to do before you continue gearing/gemming or whatever is read this longish post :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13020132147#7

It contains the gearing advice you need right now, before you make more mistakes and waste more bonus rolls/tokens/VP on things that will not help you.
Edited by Berith on 8/6/2014 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
08/06/2014 10:39 AMPosted by Enmebaragesi
like in norushen i cant seem to taunt the adds fast enough but i see alot of tanks do it with ease :(

Has nothing to do with add ons and everything to do with raid awareness.

Scroll all the way out. When an Unleashed Corruption spaws (the big adds that need to be tanked), Amalgam of Corruption will shoot out a shadow bolt that arcs over the raid. When that bolt lands, the Unleashed Corruption pops.

As you see the shadow bolt shoot out look for its landing zone and get ready to target and taunt.

Boom. You're pro now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
/target <enemyname>
/cast reckoning

Boom. now you're pro.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
/target <enemyname>
/cast reckoning

Boom. now you're pro.

OOR.

This is the best strategy :

08/06/2014 01:46 PMPosted by Keldoran
As you see the shadow bolt shoot out look for its landing zone and get ready to target and taunt.

Norushen adds are highly telegraphed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tysm guys :D sorry for being such a noob D: *im always a healer so this is my first time raid tanking* ^_^ ty for sharing your knowledge and helping a fellow paladin out :D.......@ berith i saved your link as a Fav on my pc lololol
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Gotta learn sometime.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]