Devotion Aura

100 Blood Elf Rogue
08/08/2014 09:50 AMPosted by Berith
Having your moves dictated and using them when you know is best happen to be the exact same, when you actually understand the fight mechanics.

If your RL and who knows and understands a fight tells you to use Devo at a precise moment and you don't agree : you might not know the fight as well as you think you do (or your RL doesn't and should be replaced).
I think they were referring more to when a fight involves chaining a bunch of raid cds together. If you didn't coordinate it then you wind up with half your people all using their cd at the same time.

It's not really a matter of knowing the fight mechanics to know when the best time to use your cd is, it's more about knowing when everyone else is using their cds and when you're supposed to be using yours.

I guess a rotation could be decided upon beforehand and then leave everyone to make sure they all use them at the proper times (which, yes, you should be paying attention and know when your turn is coming up), but it's still usually nice to have someone announcing them just to make sure everyone's on the same page. Or at the very least have each person announce when they are using theirs, as a heads up to the next person (also useful for being able to tell when someone goes out of turn since they announced it :P )
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Oh ya Pancake, totally agree and should've also pointed that out in my post. Winging it usually wastes 2 Devos at the same time, 2 interrupts on the same cast of Corruption Shock on Gloom, etc.. etc..

That is why someone sets a pre-defined order and pre-defined times to use it.

Raiding is about teamwork first and foremost. You're not being "dictated", you're playing for a team that wants to win and needs you to perform a certain role and certain actions at certain times to bring about victory. If you think that's dictating, you probably don't want to really raid progression.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
There are some fights were we did not have a specific rotation or was just not needed as part of the strat. You still would end up using them tho.

I know my RL would run Hermes to see what CDs he had available to him, and i would always run RSA so everyone knows that i used whatever and when it would fade. It would also keep the team honest, he would know if you you sat on a cd.

I always recommend using CDs over not using them, IF they are available and your strat is not being planed around them, when you see they are needed. Better to Sac or LoH a tank or healer then have them die. Even if your stat or the fight does not call for it, after doing so many kills you know when it will help to soften a blow.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
08/08/2014 05:26 AMPosted by Liminara
08/08/2014 03:40 AMPosted by Maegoree
Easier question is which bosses is it not good for?

Nazgrim

False. If you Stuns suck or u don't kill arcweaver. Devo'ing his Arcane Blast might save someone from death!

BOOM! DEVO OP!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/08/2014 05:04 PMPosted by Leethunter
08/08/2014 05:26 AMPosted by Liminara
Nazgrim

False. If you Stuns suck or u don't kill arcweaver. Devo'ing his Arcane Blast might save someone from death!

BOOM! DEVO OP!

The funniest thing you can see on that fight is Devo'ing Warsong. Always get a laugh out of that in Flex/LFR or normal mode pugs.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
At least they're trying by using it. I still do flex garrosh fills to try and get boa's, and I still run across paladins who don't know what I'm talking when I call for a devo order on whirls.
Edited by Maegoree on 8/8/2014 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
08/08/2014 05:15 PMPosted by Berith

BOOM! DEVO OP!

The funniest thing you can see on that fight is Devo'ing Warsong. Always get a laugh out of that in Flex/LFR or normal mode pugs.

Very agreed with this. And then you have the people who count devo as one of the raid cds to use during Blood Rage on normal Malk... I guess the person with the debuff at that time might thank you? Or something. Idr if it even hurts the person it's on.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
And now I'm weeping because Ret loses this in WoD.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
08/08/2014 05:15 PMPosted by Berith

I think our healers bribed warriors so that they rallying cry for it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Whenever I pug nazgrim I make sure to call for a devo if a warsong is coming, just so I can point out how silly it is if someone does it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
08/11/2014 01:01 AMPosted by Nemovc
Whenever I pug nazgrim I make sure to call for a devo if a warsong is coming, just so I can point out how silly it is if someone does it.

Well, if nobody responds to you after you *call* for it, they may be thinking you're the baddie....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]