Gearing up Prot in the age of uber dps

90 Tauren Paladin
I am looking for advice on how to improve threat generation in lfrs when I am ilvl 490 or so and the dps/heals are 530+. I use a good rotation and taunt on CD, but they still try to slip away. I know all the fights and pulls and have survived the first couple wings of ToT thanks to heals and my own mitigation, but any advice for threat generation would be great.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Two
Righteous Fury
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Tortoiseshell Timeless gear. Berith inc. Im not sure where his short and dirty guide is or id link it myself.

If its not a Righteous Fury issue there are other things that can be done to help.

Short and sweet:

Hit&Expertise Caps > Haste (50%) > Mastery or Crit

- You are over hit and under expertise caps.
- Get dat haste. (.75% wasnt sure it could be that low)
- Check your spellbook read what Sanctity of Battle does, this will explain why we go for haste.

You are the tank, the "leader" of the raid. LFR or not, you are the first one that gets inspected. Show some initiative and be in the best possible position to succeed by knowing your class and gemming/enchanting/reforging.

Character Audit
1 empty glyph slot
3 unenchanted items
1 empty socket in 1 item
Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle

Reforging
No items have been reforged.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Two
08/09/2014 09:46 PMPosted by Righteous
Berith inc.

Damn I forgot my "Inb4 Berith" part. *sob*
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/09/2014 09:46 PMPosted by Righteous
Tortoiseshell Timeless gear. Berith inc. Im not sure where his short and dirty guide is or id link it myself.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13020132147#7

^_^.

This one is good for rotational purposes :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13595189388#2
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
0.75% haste?

But why?!

And you got the parry/hit valour neck instead of the haste/mastery??
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Don't be too harsh on him Kaehlen, there's actually nothing in game that indicates Protection Paladins do not gear up like Warriors/Death Knights. As it currently stands, Blizzard points Paladins towards this type of gearing by default.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Thanks for the pointers and for the time you took to write the guides linked here. I got a start on adjusting things tonight and will keep it in mind as I pick up gear. Thanks again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Switch your loot spec to ret unless the boss drops trinkets/shield/weapon you need it should always be in ret.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]