Battleground Call to Arms- no longer visible?

100 Night Elf Druid
With the addition of skirmishes to the PvP interface, it looks like Call to Arms battlegrounds are no longer highlighted beyond their mention in the calendar and the old world emissaries patrolling the cities? (None present in Stormshield/Warspear, new battlegrounds don't have them).

Would it be possible to alter the interface slightly so they are highlighted in some way, even if it's putting a faction flag next to the battleground in the specific queue list? Perhaps add the emissaries and a larger than usual BG-specific battlemaster (and their related doodads) to the new hubs, too?

I'm not an artist but http://i61.tinypic.com/2v3lg5v.jpg could possibly work too :p
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
08/27/2014 10:32 PMPosted by Khlause
I read some place they got rid of call to arms totally; but you can still Q for random BG's for a little bonus honor.

I've not heard this - do you have a source? Certainly as of the latest beta build Call to Arms is still in game, you just can't see it unless you go specifically looking for it (old world cities and BG specific mobs and the in-game calendar).
Reply Quote
Game Designer
We've removed Call to Arms in Warlords. Originally, the feature was added to bring some variety to the battleground experience and allow players who like a specific battleground to occassionally binge on it. But, like any feature, we have to weight the benefits with the consequences. Call to Arms has an adverse affect on queue times in a pretty profound way. When certain battlegrounds are up, one faction will tend to queue for Call to Arms while the other tends to avoid it. As a result, we're going to remove it so that the majority of players are queuing through Random Battlegrounds.
Edited by Desvin on 8/28/2014 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thank you, thank you, thank you, I've been waiting for this drain on the queue system to be gone for YEARS. Also, skirmishes are a blast. Thank you guys for moving gin this direction!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/28/2014 11:03 AMPosted by Desvin
We've removed Call to Arms in Warlords. Originally, the feature was added to bring some variety to the battleground experience and allow players who like a specific battleground to occassionally binge on it. But, like any feature, we have to weight the benefits with the consequences. Call to Arms has an adverse affect on queue times in a pretty profound way. When certain battlegrounds are up, one faction will tend to queue for Call to Arms while the other tends to avoid it. As a result, we're going to remove it so that the majority of players are queuing through Random Battlegrounds.

Interesting.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
If that reduces my 10 min long queue, I don't mind ;)

Now to fix completly normal BGs you just need to encourage horde to no thumb down IoC and AV (supposedly balanced a few patches ago)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Translation: The Horde don't like Alterac Valley, and ever since we implemented the "Blacklist" feature, queue times are terrible during AV weekend, so, now the Alliance can't have nice things.

This is a terrible change. Fix the BLACKLIST feature instead. Either remove it, or give us the ability to blacklist as many BG's as we want, so we can run random for bonus rewards without being forced into the BG's the opposing faction does not blacklist.
Reply Quote
58 Gnome Death Knight

Now remove blacklist.

thanks
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/28/2014 11:54 AMPosted by Kandymann

Now remove blacklist.

thanks

You would think they'd notice how Alliance players have found it more efficient to farm honor by CONVERTING JUSTICE POINTS ever since the blacklist became available...

Two blacklist options are just enough for the Horde to dodge the two BG's the Alliance can efficiently farm for honor. With CTA weekends gone and JP gone, there's literally no way left for Alliance to farm honor.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You know, some might say that the most efficient way to get honor is to win battlegrounds, try focusing on that.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Justice points are going away.
Reply Quote
68 Orc Warrior
Another change to favor the Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
08/28/2014 11:52 AMPosted by Annieoakley
Fix the BLACKLIST feature instead. Either remove it

Is blacklist remaining? I've never been fond of it because it isn't used as a "I genuinely hate this map", it's used by a minority as a "we always seem to lose this, I'll never play it again" furthering any perceived imbalances in certain battlegrounds.

Horde used to win Isle of Conquest a few years ago. Alterac Valley win rates were almost 50/50. Blacklist has meant people don't have to play ones they think are imbalanced, only furthering problems. In a few years they've gone from winning/equally to losing significantly. Same problem with Strand of the Ancients.

Decent players who try and would otherwise play these maps properly no longer have to see them because they think there is an imbalance OR they'll queue and see they are put in with players who don't know what they're doing / bots and don't want to put up with that.

If only 20% of the people queuing for battlegrounds are using the blacklist filter, what is there to lose by removing it?

I wouldn't be sad to see blacklisting go.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Excellent change. No more 15 minute que times when Isle of Botquest and Bot Valley are CTA.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/28/2014 01:00 PMPosted by Kwizzlix
Excellent change. No more 15 minute que times when Isle of Botquest and Bot Valley are CTA.

Case in point.

"Waaah... we can't win these two BG's as often as the other 9, so Blizz needs to give us exactly two blacklist options and no more CTA to deal with."

Tell me again how this change, or the removal of JP, helps Alliance PvP at all, and isn't clearly a one-sided bit of fan service?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
08/28/2014 02:02 PMPosted by Annieoakley

Case in point.

"Waaah... we can't win these two BG's as often as the other 9, so Blizz needs to give us exactly two blacklist options and no more CTA to deal with."

Tell me again how this change, or the removal of JP, helps Alliance PvP at all, and isn't clearly a one-sided bit of fan service?

The Alliance cried just as much before they changed AV way back when. You are seeing bias where there isn't any.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/28/2014 04:24 PMPosted by Shiwu
08/28/2014 02:02 PMPosted by Annieoakley

Case in point.

The Alliance cried just as much before they changed AV way back when. You are seeing bias where there isn't any.

I see a change that is a lopsided quality-of-life improvement for one faction that already enjoys a substantial advantage.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

well said, I hate when those 2 are on the CTA.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Boo. I liked the concept of Call To Arms, and the fact that it allowed me to see Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest (epic BGs) every now and then was great.

Let me blacklist more things and maybe I'll be okay with this. Or just remove blacklist, so that the Horde can't skip AV/IoC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]