5.4 SoO Gear conversion

Hello all!

Sorry in advance if this has already been posted about!

My question is in regards to Siege of Orgrimmar 528, 540 (post removal of flex) , 553, 559, 566 heroic warforged gear and set bonuses.

When pre-patch 6.0 or in general when Warlords of Draenor goes live 11.13.14 will our current SoO gear convert to WoD style? Example...my druid has a 575 4/4 fully upgraded healer wrists...will this convert so that i can also use it as Guardian? Or will all my current main spec gear not swap to off-spec gear? If this is the case i think that all of the hard work everyone has gone to for gearing up should atleast have the option for their main spec gear to swap to off-spec gear...strictly SoO gear including LFR pieces...this will be more of a quality of life improvement but i do indeed believe this to be extremely important!

I hope I have made my question clear...and i look forward to hearing from someone!

Edited by Danthedruid on 9/3/2014 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I don't believe so, only the new gear from WoD will become multi-spec. It would take too much time to re-work gear that will only be used for a couple months (4-6 weeks of MoP and then a couple of levels when you get into WoD). The gear from the dungeon they're releasing with 6.0? Not sure.
Reply Quote
That's true and makes total sense I will keep an open mind, thank you for your reply #Snapzshot
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
09/03/2014 06:48 PMPosted by Handsonfire
Really? i wasn't aware of this but it's awesome.

Yep, gear in WoD will change it's stats depending on your class and spec. If you switch specs your gear will automatically change its stats to match.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Well not all slots, accessories and weapons are still locked to spec.

I don know why but I find that it is virtually impossible to maintain a competent 20man raid squad with attendance regularity. I dont even have ppl to put in reserves. That will be what slows down mythic progression for me.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hey Danthedruid,

Gear obtained from Siege of Orgrimmar won't be multi-spec. That's for the new items that will be obtained in Warlords of Draenor. There's no change to existing item levels and they'll will retain their upgrade ranks. If they were reforged they'll be returned into an unreforged state.

Some of the details are still being worked out. We'll be posting more information once there's more info for the remaining stuff.
Edited by Rygarius on 9/3/2014 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/03/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Danthedruid
will our current SoO gear convert to WoD style?

Yes and no. Hit, Expertise, Dodge, Parry are removed, but it doesn't swap primaries.

You can already see what your gear will be like : http://wod.wowhead.com/
Edited by Berith on 9/3/2014 7:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/03/2014 07:47 PMPosted by Guldanielle
09/03/2014 06:57 PMPosted by Rygarius
If they were reforged they'll be returned into an unreforged state.

But... b-b-but muh hit cap...
Hit is being removed, as is Expertise.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

cant this wait until the release of WoD? my guild plans on doing mythics in 6.0 but without reforging I will do substantially less damage than pre 6.0 making any progression we might have gotten in the month or two between prepatch and actual release more difficult than it would have been. I imagine other specs and guilds are in similar situations reforging was a nice addition and even without hit/expertise caps different playstyles can be mixed up depending on reforges
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
all gear converts. You'll need new trinkets though since they turn to utter garbage in 6.0 to point where pretty much any other trinket is better. Except for amp trinket, that one stays good. other ones though you'l need replacement for the last month of SoO. Yes they are garbage even at 90

09/03/2014 07:51 PMPosted by Swålsh

Why

Because they want min maxing to be at the hands of RNG now instead of the gameplay user can control. and side-grading gear more often when RNG finally catches up.
Edited by Omegal on 9/3/2014 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

Will my gold also be returning to an unreforged state?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Ugh.

Seriously can we throw the whole reforge removal thing in the trash right now? Sigh...

09/03/2014 07:52 PMPosted by Omegal
Because they want min maxing to be at the hands of RNG now instead of the gameplay user can control. and side-grading gear more often when RNG finally catches up.

Yeah that is a pretty stupid idea.
Edited by Alyssra on 9/3/2014 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
09/03/2014 07:51 PMPosted by Swålsh

Why

09/03/2014 07:56 PMPosted by Alyssra
Seriously can we throw the whole reforge removal thing in the trash right now? Sigh...
Edited by Svetla on 9/3/2014 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
09/03/2014 07:52 PMPosted by Omegal
all gear converts. You'll need new trinkets though since they turn to utter garbage in 6.0 to point where pretty much any other trinket is better. Except for amp trinket, that one stays good. other ones though you'l need replacement for the last month of SoO. Yes they are garbage even at 90

fantastic -_-

good thing I still have a heroic trinket off horridon
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest

Oh...please, please don't. I ditched that haste for a reason.
Edited by Tiakatt on 9/3/2014 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
09/03/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Tiakatt

Oh...please, please don't. I ditched that haste for a reason.

rip disc priests amirite
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I do wonder about this.. since only certain off-pieces of gear will be getting Spirit, (rings, neck, trinkets, etc.) does that mean the gear we have now with Spirit will change?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]