Holy Radiance a little underwhelming

2 Human Paladin
As title says, I just hit 84, I know I have gear scaling and another level to throw in the mix but I trained radiance and my experience so far has made me rarely use it.

At this point in time the only viable heal is FoL when someone has taken heavy damage. Holy shock hitting for 5k on a 70k tank taking 10k hits makes me sad. So I figure hey when the whole raid takes damage why not pop holy radiance, making sure everyone is within 8 yards.

Does basically nothing. I'm not sure how much it is going to scale up but a 1k tick for 10 seconds to those who are actually right up on your for 4.5k mana or whatever it is is another tool in our toolbox that we wont be using.

It appears that we'll only be using HS > WoG (abysmal hps but only instants) and for actually healing DL and FoL. Please make holy paladin PvE fun or viable by buffing holy shock back from the days when you pandered to the bad PvPers and make holy radiance a tad more useful by increasing its effective range from 8 and increasing its healing
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I use it to /gasp heal aoe damage, not heal the tank. And it works just fine for me. Radiance + Light of dawn is more than enough to heal through aoe so far in cata dungeons.... though the spell makes me rage and casters are bouncing around and not grouped on me!!!!!! /RAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEE
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The spell need to be less cone and more "in front of you". Having come from playing a shaman for the last 3 years, I can say without a doubt no one takes into consideration their positioning with regard to the tools their healer has. Chain Healing was frustrating then and conal healing will be frustrating now. At least with a Paly I don't have to deal several classes of toolbox spells all with intermixing shared cooldowns or mutual exclusivity.

Suggestion, make a macro and spam it in your PuGs (and maybe even in friendly premades) that says "If you want to live, stand between me and the tank, otherwise don't blame me when my Light of Dawn misses you and you die."

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2010 6:57 AMPosted by Raylene
The spell need to be less cone and more "in front of you". Having come from playing a shaman for the last 3 years, I can say without a doubt no one takes into consideration their positioning with regard to the tools their healer has. Chain Healing was frustrating then and conal healing will be frustrating now. At least with a Paly I don't have to deal several classes of toolbox spells all with intermixing shared cooldowns or mutual exclusivity.

Suggestion, make a macro and spam it in your PuGs (and maybe even in friendly premades) that says "If you want to live, stand between me and the tank, otherwise don't blame me when my Light of Dawn misses you and you die."

Some reason, I found that quote very funny. I healed some instances and LoD is kind of frustrating. Sometimes I get pissed when low on mana and start crusader strike/holyshock/2 pt LoD combo for lolz. That's surprisingly fun on some trash packs.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I never had a problem with mana so far at 85 regulars. Holy Radiance is amazing, It's an amazing heal and when positioning is right I can LoD everyone for some impressive numbers.

The frustrating thing is having to keep everyone close to you so Holy Radiance is worth it as well as repositioning for LoD. I typically spam HL and WoG, LoD if the melee are taking damage and Holy Radiance during AoE on the party or minor healing after a pull is needed. I don't need to drink as long as I judge every 9 seconds.

Overall I think Paladin healing is great and has impressed me in every way.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Having come from playing a shaman for the last 3 years, I can say without a doubt no one takes into consideration their positioning with regard to the tools their healer has. Chain Healing was frustrating then and conal healing will be frustrating now.

I so feel your pain. I was joking with guildmates the other night how I'm going to go from asking the raid to please stand close enough for chain heal to bounce to asking that everyone stand in cone-like formations directly in front of me.
Edited by Prettylights on 12/9/2010 9:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i would like if the protec talent that gives a 30% change of WoG dont consume HP, also worked on LoD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]