HEalers in general.

85 Human Paladin
seriously make mana regen more effective AND reduce the cost of spells. A heal thats heals for 30k over 10 seconds to people 8yds away from me for 10k mana. 10,000 mana. out of my 77k mana pool. Flash of Light heals for 1000 more then it used too. I think anyways, It might just be my extra spellpower, it probally hasn't changed at all now that I think about it. Takes have 140k life and are getting hit for 20k by a normal trash mob.

Mastery is useless. The Mobs hit so hard now that even with a Divine Light crit it'll only absorb maybe 4k if you've got for alot of mastery. Which in that case you'll have no haste, or crit which means The tank will have died before you casted it, or it'll only be 2k cause you can't ever crit. If you went mastery and reforge crit / haste, you wont have enough mana regen that by the time the tank gets hit 5 times you'll be oom.

The healing changes are good it was TOO easy being a healer before, but this is over the limit. make our spells stronger, mana regen more effective, and mastery useful.

P.S Can we please change Divine plea? 2min cooldown, for 15% mana back (IF GLYPHED) with 50% reduced heals. wtf?

Druid's: Innervate. More mana back, smaller cooldown can go on other people, AND they get no healing reduction.
Priests: Divine Hymn. Just owns in general. No healing reduction once again.
Shamans: Mana tide totem. Way more mana back, and guess what, NO HEALING REDUCTION.

Like sure we abused Divine plea before! but now its just retarded! MP5 sucks for a paladin, and with healing the way it is now, divine plea is so ineffective that its almost better to NOT use it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
No...then it's WotLK all over again...
EZ no brain healz.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I have had to make some arrangements to how I approach healing now and do end up drinking quite often after pulls, but I have not had any serious issues.

The only issues I have had have been where pulls have gone wrong and just the fact that we are all doing much of this content for the very first time. Even still, I have gotten through BRC, Stonecore, and Vortex Pinnacle all without wiping. I wiped once in Throne.

The healing is fine. The game has changed is all.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
what stats are paladin heals supposed to go for now? Since I find myself struggling with mana, are we supposed to mass spirit? or are we expected to think that dps are not going to be stupid so healing is less mana intensive? Right now I have 2204 mp5 in combat.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Priest
Wait, what's that? Mana isn't an infinite resource that we don't have to worry about anymore? Awesome!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, you actually have to drink now... It's crazy (no I'm not being a sarcastic jerk). While playing WotLK I remember occasionally thinking "lol, that mage is putting up a table. who uses water?"

Now I desperately need drinks again. I had forgotten I needed drinks back in vanilla and BC. Woah. Groups just need to learn this. They need to learn it's time to let the healer get mana back. No more staying in combat from the first pull to the final boss.
Edited by Aitana on 12/9/2010 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I've loved healing on my druid so far... Haven't really felt a mana pinch yet, kind of feels endless still... But then i've been using all my spells, I probably have more spirit/mana regen than I will when I reach 85 (I'm only 82 so far and have only run 3 instances), and to top it off I drink between every pull while the tank pulls the next group (I rarely have to make the group wait for me to drink).

My experience might change when I hit 85 and start running heroics though. *Shrugs*
Reply Quote

Huh? Why are you comparing Divine Hymn with mana return spells?

I believe you meant Hymn of Hope - which can hardly be said to "own in general". As for no healing reduction... It's a channeled spell. Healing "reduction" is 100% for 8 seconds and it has a 6 minute cool down. If you think that "owns in general", I've gotta laugh.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I did great in BRC and uh... the Vashj'ir place. In the Stonecore though. Man those beginning pulls and that HUGE room with tons of things, I really started noticing I had to be a bit more careful. Or at least tell the group to stop for 15 seconds unless they don't mind taking some durability loss.
Reply Quote
12/09/2010 1:10 PMPosted by Aitana
Yeah, you actually have to drink now... It's crazy (no I'm not being a sarcastic jerk). While playing WotLK I remember occasionally thinking "lol, that mage is putting up a table. who uses water?"

/shakefist
Lol, it was true. I gave up making tables on my mage after a while.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2010 1:22 PMPosted by Greengob
12/09/2010 1:10 PMPosted by Aitana

/shakefist
Lol, it was true. I gave up making tables on my mage after a while.

Haha. I'd click it a couple times as usual, like I did in BC... but those stacks would sit in my inventory and I'd maybe use one (not one stack... one biscuit). Maybe.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Healers that I've seen while leveling didn't adjust very well. Even now I still see them spamming their variation of healing surge. The high cost is for an OH CRAP emergency heal not for you to spam once again. You have your healing wave variation (Sue me I'm a shaman) that you can use a lot more of due to its low cost. Just adjusting to not topping everyone off helps a ton.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Get more gear, stop spamming your heals, and get over it.

Healing isn't for baddies any longer.

Guess you have to go Retribution or Protection.

Bye!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/09/2010 1:25 AMPosted by Ávã
seriously make mana regen more effective AND reduce the cost of spells. A heal thats heals for 30k over 10 seconds to people 8yds away from me for 10k mana. 10,000 mana. out of my 77k mana pool. Flash of Light heals for 1000 more then it used too. I think anyways, It might just be my extra spellpower, it probally hasn't changed at all now that I think about it. Takes have 140k life and are getting hit for 20k by a normal trash mob.

12/09/2010 1:25 AMPosted by Ávã

Mastery is useless. The Mobs hit so hard now that even with a Divine Light crit it'll only absorb maybe 4k if you've got for alot of mastery. Which in that case you'll have no haste, or crit which means The tank will have died before you casted it, or it'll only be 2k cause you can't ever crit. If you went mastery and reforge crit / haste, you wont have enough mana regen that by the time the tank gets hit 5 times you'll be oom.

The healing changes are good it was TOO easy being a healer before, but this is over the limit. make our spells stronger, mana regen more effective, and mastery useful.

P.S Can we please change Divine plea? 2min cooldown, for 15% mana back (IF GLYPHED) with 50% reduced heals. wtf?

Druid's: Innervate. More mana back, smaller cooldown can go on other people, AND they get no healing reduction.
Shamans: Mana tide totem. Way more mana back, and guess what, NO HEALING REDUCTION.

Like sure we abused Divine plea before! but now its just retarded! MP5 sucks for a paladin, and with healing the way it is now, divine plea is so ineffective that its almost better to NOT use it.

I assume you mean hymn of hope for priests. FYI you may as well consider it a 100% reduction... it's channeled.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Consider yourself lucky!!!
Shamans get *shiver* mana tide totem which blows!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]