Anyone leveling prot?

83 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey folks, quick question.. anyone leveling as prot? How's it going so far, I was told lvling prot with ret gear was the quickest so any suggestions? I levled prot in wrath of the litchking and I flew through the levels easily pulling 8-10 mobs at a time. Will it be the dsame for cata as prot? Any help would be greatlyy appreciated thanks
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
So far it seams fast as hell. i like it more then ret.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It's good, i just got to 85, exclusively as prot, without instance grinding (instance for the daily, and then instance for the quests inside and that's it).

It was easy, mobs are hitting harder though, still not taking on more than 3 at a time in most cases. That said, the leveling was just as fast as I'd imagine it being. Purely questing, very little grinding. Make liberal use of WoG + crusader enhanced divine lights and judgement to keep your mana up and you're a non-stop machine.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm about 3 bubbles from 85 now, and I've died once when I bit off way more than I could chew. Otherwise it's been a cakewalk to level Protection. I've actually been wearing Protection gear, too. I take so little damage I don't even use Seal of Insight and I barely use Word of Glory or Crusade + Holy Light.

I don't kill things as fast as I did with Retribution during beta, but I have zero downtime.

It's been very fun leveling as Protection only this expansion; if I'd worn PVP/DPS gear I can only imagine that it would have been even faster--but I'm happy with my choice and only having to lug around one set of gear for awhile. (During Wrath I carried PVE Prot, PVE Ret, and PVP gear around all the time.)
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok cool, I plan on starting my quest to 85 tonight as prot, thanks for the info
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am currently leveling as Protection spec. As far as quests go, at no point in time has it felt challenging at all. In areas with very heavy respawns and dense mob populations, I would sometimes get 4, 5, 6 mobs on me at the same time and would be able to dispatch them with absolute ease while keeping myself topped off with Word of Glories.

If I'm lucky with my procs and crits, I can sometimes 3 shot any given mob of a similar level as myself: Avenger's Shield crit for 10k, Shield of the Righteous crit for 14 - 17k, Hammer of Wrath crit for 10k a dead mob makes. At the same time, instance queues are pretty much instant were I to go that route in leveling.

Overall, definitely a pleasant leveling experience.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2010 5:14 AMPosted by Zanaffar
I am currently leveling as Protection spec. As far as quests go, at no point in time has it felt challenging at all. In areas with very heavy respawns and dense mob populations, I would sometimes get 4, 5, 6 mobs on me at the same time and would be able to dispatch them with absolute ease while keeping myself topped off with Word of Glories.

Same here. The current chaotic state of the leveling zones is actually a primary reason why I'm leveling my paladin before my priestess and my shaman; sometimes you do end up in a mess not of your own choice and it's much easier to handle when you're actually built to take on several mobs at the same time (or a nasty elite that someone accidentally dragged on top of you before dying to it).
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Leveling as prot is easy and smooth. I was able to get kill quests done really fast by killing several at once, this method also helped for drop quests as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]