Nope, this isnt fun at all now

90 Undead Priest
Nope, this isnt fun at all now.

It's frustrating. It's unworkable. It's demoralizing.

Been healing since day one 6 years ago, never have I felt like the one that was actually holding the group back like I do now. DPS job is still the same, thier numbers have gone up and well .... it looks like they are doing thier job. Tanks got aggro, all the mobs are stuck to him. His health is higher than it was and well .... It looks like they are doing thier job.

Then there's me. Folks dying all over because I'm OOM, and they can't get out of the fire. I know, and you know...once they learn the mechanics they will do better. But as it stands, it looks like I can't heal becasue I've kept them alive in the fire until I'm oom.

I get kicked from heroics because I have to go oom and drink after every pull, boss fights are so so so so close, but it comes down to me being oom.

I tried holy, tried disc and only disc has any chance at all. but thats if everyone avoids the AOE pitfalls. ONE and I mean ONE thing goes south in a fight and you can heal through it, but your oom and the mobs win in the end.

I cant heal a 81 instance as holy right now from a random group. I can squeak a 85 instance as disc, but that's only because the more experianced players have leveled quick and know thier jobs. When the average guys come through, might as well put a fork in that as well.

How much fun is this? None. Time to do something else.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Dont heal people who stand in fires?
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
You'll need to spend some time in the easier dungeons gearing up. Once you have enough gear, mana isn't as much of a problem.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/09/2010 9:00 AMPosted by Lissanna
You'll need to spend some time in the easier dungeons gearing up. Once you have enough gear, mana isn't as much of a problem.

From what I understand it isnt a gear problem for a lot of people... overusing the expensive heals and healing dumb dps is. Also pulling groups of mobs without CC.
I sympathize with the OP, I really do, but a whole lot more has to change than just getting gear. Mindsets have to be altered, playstyles need to be tweaked. It aint gonna be easy, and dont expect to heal like a ICC geared priest in a WotLK dungeon.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Lissanna, you are deluding yourself with that. Oh, most gear is from the normal dungeons, and I've a gear score that unlocks the heroics, the gulf that I see between here and there is much larger than just a few pieces.

or even if the journey to get that gear is frought with misery, why bother? it's a game.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
/cast Smite is my only spell. Everything else just isn't the right tool for the job. Sorry Priest utility, you just weren't what you used to be.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
^this guy needs to stop bleeding all over the forums and go level

You didn't spec Divine fury? Heal is your best HPM spell, making it a even LONGER cast is only going to make your life harder. Also run with guildies/friends you can trust to not be terrible... don't pug.
Edited by Pyridoxine on 12/9/2010 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
12/09/2010 9:07 AMPosted by Xjum
Priest

Your class is significantly weaker than every other healer.

False, Disc is currently the best spec to do random dungeons in, I've tried shamans and paladins, holy is fine too but disc is much easier
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
"Dont heal people that stand in fires"

Yeah, thats a FANTASTIC idea, now I got some "kingslayer" telling me how much I suck for the next hour....perfect idea.

Just making the masses learn from tough love, just makes the masses pissed off at me. I'm not here to appologize for what blizzard has done to the game that everyone was enjoying.

So whats a good shadow rotation?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
might just level another alt till welfare pvp gear comes out and heal in that LoL. Not worth the frustration grinding normal dungeons to replace greens.
Edited by Datazz on 12/9/2010 9:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
No need for that. Calmly explain before the fight or after, whichever you prefer, that your mana is a limited resource and that what they are doing is detrimental to the group. If they continue to mouth you off, thats what vote kick is for.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
12/09/2010 9:10 AMPosted by Docter
"Dont heal people that stand in fires"

Yeah, thats a FANTASTIC idea, now I got some "kingslayer" telling me how much I suck for the next hour....perfect idea.

Just making the masses learn from tough love, just makes the masses pissed off at me. I'm not here to appologize for what blizzard has done to the game that everyone was enjoying.

So whats a good shadow rotation?

Its now everyone's responsibility to deal with fight mechanics, DPS must dps the right targets at the right times while avoiding avoidable damage mechanics

Tanks must get aggro, keep aggro, pick up adds and use defensive cooldowns based around the encounter

Healers much choose spells carefully, deal with the mechanics and avoid avoidable mechanics

If some one is not doing their job it will put strain on the other roles. DPS pulling aggro or taking fire dmg puts stress on healers to do their job which requires full attention as is. Tanks not picking up the adds fast enough in the same sense has the same effect. The trouble occuring is, most fails result in healers having to pick up the extra stress on the grp... That is why you see all this qq.... pugs are finally what they are... pugs. Play with friends or people you can depend on.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Anyone remember the good ol' days of last Monday? Man, that was swell. Those were the days.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/09/2010 9:16 AMPosted by Pyridoxine
The trouble occuring is, most fails result in healers having to pick up the extra stress on the grp... That is why you see all this qq.... pugs are finally what they are... pugs. Play with friends or people you can depend on.

So, either play with 4 other fantastic players or gtfo? I'm very happy with you in your choice of friends. but how is that relevent to how much harder healing is now?

Oh, I believe you, it "Can" be done, with wipes, good communication ect. but its so vastly more frustrating that it's no longer worth the effort.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
I've yet to level my Priest or my Shaman to 85, but this post is really making me think Shadow/ Elemental is the way to go. I know that with each expansion that there is a learning curve and things are stepped up in difficulty a bit. But from everything I've seen thus far, it sounds like they have made it far too difficult. When it becomes this difficult to succeed it stops being fun. This is a game, and it is how we spend our free time. It shouldn't feel like a chore to get through a dungeon.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
12/09/2010 9:43 AMPosted by Shoshana
I've yet to level my Priest or my Shaman to 85, but this post is really making me think Shadow/ Elemental is the way to go. I know that with each expansion that there is a learning curve and things are stepped up in difficulty a bit. But from everything I've seen thus far, it sounds like they have made it far too difficult. When it becomes this difficult to succeed it stops being fun. This is a game, and it is how we spend our free time. It shouldn't feel like a chore to get through a dungeon.

Honestly, you should try it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]