Best Class Combos for Couples

26 Troll Rogue
Hi Forum. My gf recently expressed interest in playing WoW with me and we want to roll classes that complement each other as we will be playing them 99% of the time together.

1) We are mainly looking for something that pvp's well together, 2) but cohesion for lvling and pve will definitely be important as well.

3) My gf is not a gamer, so whatever she plays will need to be a more beginner friendly role/class

If you could provide ideas, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Shaman
I rolled as a shaman/priest combo for a while. It was pretty awesome. I also think a shaman/druid twosome would be all but unstoppable.

With all of the recent class and quest changes I think all classes are pretty newbie friendly.
Safe travels!
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Hunter
1. Class that kills fast
2. Class that can heal

Can't go wrong - mix and match.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Actually, I highly recommend just playing whatever your both like. Try out a few different classes, pick whichever race you like the most, and go with it.

I'm serious about this. Nothing makes a game like WoW unbearable quite like feeling "pigeonholed" into a class because you need to fill a role. You admitted that your girl is both new to the game and not a "gamer", so let her pick whatever she likes.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/09/2010 10:25 AMPosted by Keoni
1. Class that kills fast
2. Class that can heal

Can't go wrong - mix and match.

This.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Warrior
My boyfriend and I each have an arms/prot warrior and holy paladin. We go into BG's and @%!@ @%!@ @%!@. So much fun.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Warrior
12/09/2010 10:31 AMPosted by Eyeballs

any two classes go together extremely well...except maybe two warriors.

lolwut Whatever you say.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Well, usually it's nice if one of the classes has healing ability (Paladin, Priest, Shaman, Druid) and one of the classes is a sturdy tank/dps sort of class/spec (Ret/Prot Paladin, Feral(tank or dps) or Balance Druid, DK, any warrior, hunter (pet tank, trap utility).

Sort of a healer + tank thing, but for soloing so the tank doesn't actually have to BE a tank, just someone who can deal with being pounded on while the other person heals/supports/nukes.

Or you can do the same thing except with dps + tank, and again, not an actual tank really. One person holds on, other person AoEs like crazy. Good dps classes for that are things like Warlock or Mage.

If one of you actually has a preference to what you want to play, then try to pick another class that does something different. If they pick a squishy class, pick a sturdy one, if they pick a sturdy class, pick a squishier class that can heal or AoE well.

Also try to pick classes that won't compete for gear, i.e. should use different armor types. This will be less annoying if you do dungeons or find world drops or whatnot.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Hunter and Warlock.
If you EVER come across a group quest that you can't duo, I'll be greatly surprised. They're not exactly synergistic, but for generic questing mobs die too fast for synergy to matter anyway in most cases. (The only reason I didn't put hunter/hunter here, which WOULD provide some synergy if you each spec'd differently, is so there wouldn't be competition for gear.)

If you're really looking for synergy then look at the passive group buffs. If one person's rolling a balance druid, then the other person should run something that can take advantage of the spell haste, possibly with a heal button.
Druid and shaman would probably be a pretty good combo, since both of their respective caster or melee specs would play off of each other fairly well, although if you were both casters or melee you'd be competing for drops for the first 40 levels.
Warlock and shadow priest is a good combo as well, although with both players being clothies you're a bit squishy - but hey, that's what demons are for. You also have gear competition here.
Edited by Sindiyani on 12/9/2010 10:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
26 Troll Rogue
I was vague before about what she is interested in since she has no idea what she would like. I figured if i got ideas for combinations then i could tell her them and the roles we would play and style etc... that way at least she has a better idea going in.

I think the big thing for her and i is something that really is a cohesive team. I am open to any class. any thoughts on which classes she would avoid as she is not a big gamer?

My thinking is that certain classes may be more difficult + discouraging especially in pvp.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Priest
Melee classes may be more difficult for a non-gamer to deal with, especially in PvP, because your range requirements are more stringent.

I would suggest priest. None of our mechanics are particularly complex, and she can decide whether she prefers healing or facemelting.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
12/09/2010 10:26 AMPosted by Zephyrus
Actually, I highly recommend just playing whatever your both like. Try out a few different classes, pick whichever race you like the most, and go with it.

I'm serious about this. Nothing makes a game like WoW unbearable quite like feeling "pigeonholed" into a class because you need to fill a role. You admitted that your girl is both new to the game and not a "gamer", so let her pick whatever she likes.

^This.

My wife was a warlock for years and just recently switched to mage (b4 they we op though) and wishes she'd always been a mage. I have 5 80's I switch between depending on my mood. I am a bit less of a "Main character" type of person. Choosing what she wants for herself will help her stay interested. And don't be disappointed is she picks a toon based on appearance alone. She can awlays reroll later if she ends up hating her pretty, pink-haired, gnome rogue.

As far as strong partnerships go, nothing says easy street like a tank/healer combo. Leveling and dungeons will be easy and you can take your pick from the vast number of dps always waiting for groups.

edited for spelling
Edited by Halflived on 12/9/2010 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Warrior and Priest,

Love it, as dps with back up heals I am a killing machine. She roles Shadow Priest while questing and when it comes to pvp most don't stand a chance.

When we are tired of quests, and want to do an instance, we Q up instantly thanks to me switching to tank, her to heals.
Reply Quote
66 Undead Priest
First, has she played PvP of any sort before (FPS multiplayer, other MMO PvP, etc.)? PvP can be a huge turnoff to people who haven't played it before, fair warning! Be prepared to offer to do only PvE with her if she doesn't like it. I don't know which classes are currently the most OP or UP in PvP, so you may want to do some more research there.

Anything will work, but I like having one who can DPS well and one person who can heal. Having a few heals greatly increases the things you can do. And it is seriously fun to bait in PvP with a healer having a DPS person hiding nearby :)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I've tried most of the classes and pretty much anything works.
My wife and I just did a Shaman/ Warlock... We were unstopable.
We are now trying a preist/ mage, we are a bit squishy but still no wipes.

Also:
If your getting a new account make sure to do the Recruit- a- Friend program. 3X exp, Being able to summon each other, 1 month of free game play, and touring rocket... Its awesome. Even if you have signed up for her own account already, Blizzard will "correct " her account to become a RAF Account if its within 30days.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]