Raise the ilvl required for heroics please.

85 Night Elf Druid
IQ
I ask this because i am frustrated about the people i am meeting in heroics. I do not mind wiping on stuff because of the mechanics. I actually enjoy the wipes its a nice change, but seeing players pulling 3-4k dps and is not only terrible but kind of disheartening. Not only do we not even have a chance of clearing the dungeon but people actually think this damage is acceptable.

Please raise the ilvl so that maybe these people will be carried by there gear...
Reply Quote
38 Human Warrior
which dungeon were you doing

normal or heroic

and what kind of dps would you think is acceptable.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I lol'd
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
IQ
12/09/2010 5:40 PMPosted by Mmelts
Try getting 3dps and tank on 1 target at a time. stuff dies fast that way. That means CC and kite the others.

Trash isnt the hard part.

Its when i join a group for SFK and top dps on Baron Ashbury doing 6k dps as the tank. Seeing groups like that is depressing...
Edited by Ethreal on 12/9/2010 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If they raise the ilvl any more it'll require heroic gear to enter heroics
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
No amount of gear will make bad players do more dps.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Cant fix stupid, raising the ilvl minimum will not solve a 3-4k dps problem.
Edited by Baskoh on 12/9/2010 7:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/09/2010 5:57 PMPosted by Ethreal
[quote="14060456469"]

Its when i join a group for SFK and top dps on Baron Ashbury doing 6k dps as the tank. Seeing groups like that is depressing...

How is your tank only doing 6k dps?
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Oh, my god, are we really whining about item level score 3 days into the x-pac? Really?
Bad players will always be bad. Higher gear score will not help.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
If people are only doing 6k at level 85 it has nothing to do with gear and everything to do with being %***ING TERRIBLE.

My best so far, single target, was 15k or so on the first boss in heroic Vortex Pinnacle. With the upgrades since? Probably 16/17k.

Even with nothing but normal dungeon/quest gear, 8-10k should be easy to get.
Edited by Tesoni on 12/9/2010 11:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
That wont change much
329 means that youve ran enough dungeons (or spent enough money on gear) to be competent for heroics. It means that you generally dont have !#!!ty gear, save for 1 or 2 items.

If you get anything past 333 it will be impossible to queue for dungeons since normals only drop 333.....

Logic, you dont have it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
People just need to upthepunx badly, you can pull numbers well over 10k with a 227 gear score.

Loving heroics so far, totally not surprised at the current attitude towards them.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Honestly I can't imagine many 'bad' players even being level 85, let alone geared for heroics. It took myself and my guildmates a full day of instancing to get into heroic-level gear and that was after we raced to 85.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Nope, if people are doing badly it's their own fault.

The gear level for heroics is fine; I have been keeping up with people more geared than I without much trouble.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
12/09/2010 7:10 PMPosted by Walrustipper
No amount of gear will make bad players do more dps.

This.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/09/2010 5:34 PMPosted by Ethreal
I ask this because i am frustrated about the people i am meeting in heroics. I do not mind wiping on stuff because of the mechanics. I actually enjoy the wipes its a nice change, but seeing players pulling 3-4k dps and is not only terrible but kind of disheartening. Not only do we not even have a chance of clearing the dungeon but people actually think this damage is acceptable.

Please raise the ilvl so that maybe these people will be carried by there gear...

Actually, they need to lower the gear requirements for heroics in order to improve player skill.

The reason there are so many bad players is because gear has covered over their terribleness. People become soft and lazy because things are too easy. You only get better when you meet a challenge that can't be facerolled and needs some serious work.

All of us - good and bad players - have become addicted to facerolling things. The next couple of months - perhaps even longer - will be our "withdrawal" period.

Too bad there isn't a patch for facerolling . . . .
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I think the problem you're having is that you're actually using the Dungeon Finder for heroics right now, most people you'll get from LFD have the IQ of a houseplant.

Now, I haven't ran any heroics yet (waiting on slow friends to hit 85 :P). But from doing normal randoms to get some better gear, it seems that people have the "I'm gonna DPS whatever target I want" mentality still, they don't focus fire marks I set up for kill order, makes me a sad panda.
Edited by Zplol on 12/10/2010 9:56 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]