Beacon of Light = most annoying sound

88 Tauren Paladin
I just had 4 out of 5 tanks in my group purposely cancel Beacon of Light because it was just too WOOOSHOOOWOOOSHOOOWOOOSHOOOWOOOSHOOOWOOOSHOOOWOOOSH. One even started arguing with me over it.

And i agree. Its just very high pitch, annoying sound that overwhelms everything else that's going on. Since i like to cast a lot of heals to build up my Holy Power, i can understand why people get annoyed. Basically i stopped using BoL until it will not frustrate my team.

i just don't understand why a ability that procs almost every 2 seconds needs to have such over powering-high pitch sound to it.
Edited by Geddon on 12/9/2010 7:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Paladin
How will that fix anything i mentioned?
Edited by Geddon on 12/9/2010 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Paladin
Thank you for proving my point. That's why i posted here so Blizz can see that there is an issue.
Reply Quote
6 Troll Shaman
Haha, your tank was purposefully gimping his/her healer because the audio was annoying?

That's win right there. Screw leveling. Screw phat blues. If my WoW doesn't sound sexy, I'm canceling my account.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
They'd LOVE Hammer of the Ringing Ears, then.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I can't tell if this is a troll post...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Now, can we discuss exorcism?
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Paladin
what!? you must've met some uppity tanks. all my tanks love my beacon sound and the bright flashies that appear underneath. they also love it when i pop divine favor and start spamming exorcism when i should be healing them. actually everybody loves that, VRAAOMM VRAAOMM VRAAOMM .... KISSSHH KISSHH KISSHHH

hey how come holy shock doesn't have an annoying sound? i think it should be brought up to par with the others.

edit: oh wait, sometimes if it crits you get a super cool clock sound i totally love that!! :D :D :D
Edited by Gennara on 12/10/2010 5:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I was more annoyed that I hadn't been aware it was changed to 5min duration. I had been recasting it every 50 seconds or so the one time I healed ICC after it changed. When I finally realized it was changed, my wife wouldn't stop making jokes.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/10/2010 9:06 AMPosted by Vanye
I was more annoyed that I hadn't been aware it was changed to 5min duration. I had been recasting it every 50 seconds or so the one time I healed ICC after it changed. When I finally realized it was changed, my wife wouldn't stop making jokes.

/giggle

That's epic.

On the subject of beacon...I love the sound...I think it's awesome and it has never annoyed me in the least. In fact it always makes me feel better cause I know I'm getting heals.

Also...if your tanks are gimping your performance just because of an annoying audio...they need to reconsider their priorities in WoW and perhaps give up tanking. Seriously...it's not that difficult to turn off audio if it annoys them that much. Gimping your healer just because of an annoying audio is just bad.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/10/2010 8:56 AMPosted by Lundgren
You want annoying?

Warlock's "Hand of Gul'dan" sound effect > all other spell sound effects

It's literally "fingernails on a chalkboard" or "cutting glass," and it always conveniently lands on the melee.

^^

Seriously. I HATE demo locks for that sound effect.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I let them die until the realize its the sound of me putting my love into them, standing behind them and filling them up all the way to full.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have had the same problem! just tell them to deal with it, if tank removes beacon of light then the tank gets no heals.

simple as that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/10/2010 9:06 AMPosted by Vanye

If you had the beacon glyph, beacon is free.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/10/2010 6:40 PMPosted by Kissieaz
I let them die until the realize its the sound of me putting my love into them, standing behind them and filling them up all the way to full.

This is a 10 on the creep-o-meter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]