If you enjoy the healing changes...

85 Troll Shaman
I have a proposal.. lets change healing back to the way it was and you can heal with level 60 greens for the rest of the release.

Problem solved. The majority of the payer base will be happy healing is back to the way it is, and for the people who like the "Challenge" you can have your fun too.

Seriously.. fix this already.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
All I hear from you is: "I don't want to be challenged, and I want to be spoon-fed everything." No one is forcing you to play a healer. If you want something easy, just DPS. Faster queues for me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
They already had something mildly similar to this in Wrath... Herald of the Titans.

I also did things like it for fun; I queued for Wrath heroics wearing a full legacy set of TBC-only gear (complete with BC enchants and BC epic gems), and sporting my Hand of A'dal title. Got several hilarious reactions, and in all cases was able to complete the instance.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The problem isn't really so much that its difficult (although it is, which I enjoy), but it's boring, and it sucks having to drink after every single pull. That, to me, is not fun. I want a challenge, but not a boring challenge, in which I spam an incredibly boring heal, because I have to or I oom.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I don't mind being challenged as long as I have the tool set to solve that challenege. I ran an instance last night with the following group:

Pally Tank
Pally Ret
Hunter
DK DPS
Me

So we have hex and trap for CC. How are we suppose to be successful at running a Heroic, it is not possible!

They have put the complexity of these dungeons on the healers back's. We are the ones having to heal like madmen and carry the groups which is not fair. I am having to use every ability on cool down to just be able to survive.

It is my opinion that this type of game play IS NOT FUN, that is purely my opinion. Nothing more frustrating as a healer as a 0% mana bar and people dying.

As it stands now every heal I cast feels like I have no power, the whole point of this game is to feel powerful and have a sense of purpose. Right now I feel like a gimped version of my former self.
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 12:03 PMPosted by Gons
So we have hex and trap for CC. How are we suppose to be successful at running a Heroic, it is not possible!

Incorrect. And your pallies suck. They both have hammer of justice, and the ret pally should also be using Repentance.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
If you're playing a healer to feel powerful, you're clearly playing the wrong class. Healers are a support role that focuses on keeping people alive. DPS and Tanks are the ones that traditionally feel the most powerful, because they're either soaking up tons of damage, or putting out tons of damage. We're just there to make sure everyone is hunky dory until the boss dies.

That said, in the case of your group makeup, I see a Hex, Trap, and Repetence as forms of potential CC. Of course, you may not be able to use all 3 in one pull, but at least one-two mobs should be CC'd per fight.

If your DPS is interrupting spells, not standing in void zones or taking any sort of unnecessary damage, you'll be able to heal. It's not just on the healer's backs, it's on the whole group's.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/10/2010 12:03 PMPosted by Gons
I don't mind being challenged as long as I have the tool set to solve that challenege. I ran an instance last night with the following group:

Pally Tank
Pally Ret
Hunter
DK DPS
Me

You have repentance, hex, trap, bind elemental in addition to 3+ interrupts (paladin tank is the +), several stuns, a silence, and whatever else the hunter spec was. You have plenty of CC and it is possible. I ran heroics with druid tank, rogue, ret, me and shadow priest and thus a similar group in terms of CC. The druid tank didn't even need to use roots, as we had sap, repent, hex, bind elements so plenty of CC. I don't know how a shaman healer can complain about not having enough CC since it brings 2 to the table itself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]