Stats on Gear?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm just starting to use a Pally and have a question on stats for gear. For a protection Pally that will tank, what stats should I be looking for? And as a duel spec as a Ret Pally, what stats am I looking for on that gear?

Also, for a protection Pally, do I want the most DPS single handed weapon or a speedier weapon or does it matter? I'm assuming the biggest DPS 2-handed weapon is the way to go with a Ret Pally.

Thanks very much for your help. So far, I'm having a blast with the Pally at these low levels as either Ret or Prot.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
For protection while leveling.. you want Stamina & Strength. Later on you might find some stuff with dodge too.

For Ret you also want Strength and Stam. Crit, Hit & Attack power is also good.

For prot weapons, you want the slower ones (assuming similar dps).
Edited by Sarrael on 12/10/2010 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Early on, just take what's on your best gear options - reforge for mastery/hit/expertise.

As you move from heroics into raiding, hit and expertise will take on a more significant role.

Stamina is always the most important.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you very much for the info! Most appreciated
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]