Priests are broken, please fix.

85 Undead Priest
Just in case anyone doesn't know yet.

If you're doing a PUG heroic and you land a priest healer, vote kick them. It's worth waiting 15 minutes at this point.

If you're running in a guild heroic group, using vent, and you have great players behind the characters you'll be able to do heroics. You've got to work your ass off, but with perfect execution from the rest of the group (CC, don't stand in fire) you'll get 50/50 odds on beating bosses under geared. (Holy build, Chakra: heal, serenity, renew, LIGHT WELL, shadow pet, hymn of hope, mana pot, divine hymn, and get used to having the group below 40% health for the majority of the fight. If DPS is lacking, use soul stone or battle rez to regain an additional 10-20% mana. Some boss fights require this extra suicide tactic. Light Well at the start and end of the boss fight (scratch up the mana, have the tank blow cool downs)

TBH, if you're running with a guild group be thankful they're letting you be selfish and play a broken class.

TL/DR: votekick priests in heroic PUGS, guild groups w/ vent are doable.
Edited by Rilok on 12/10/2010 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Why did you feel the need to post this in both priest and healer forums?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Do you have a suggestion of where I can post this and Blizzard can address this issue?

Wait until you hit 85, get a few heroics under your belt, and then run as shadow with other healers. Druids and Pally's have legit mana concerns right now, but it's mostly gear related, bad group related, and / or L2P issues. Priests are simply broken.

Still waiting to play with a Shaman to see what they're dealing with.

This isn't a Q.Q folks. As soon as the majority of the WoW population hit's 85 and starts running heroics Priests are going to be crying tears of blood over our current predicament. Groups have already learned to vote kick priest healers, and they're smart to do so.

Priests are simply broken.
Edited by Rilok on 12/10/2010 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
It shouldn't matter if i'm lvl 83. It's been 4 days since release. Give it some time. If you're that upset about a game, stop playing it's not good for your health.
Reply Quote
I feel for you man. I used to consider myself one of the better healers ive seen but now its just pathetic. I definetly can't heal heroics and even regulars are a struggle sometimes if the group isn't good. I've been kicked out of a pug at the beginning just because of my spec also. I miss being able to actually heal and have fun. I've tried many specs both holy and disc but still not viable. Preist are broken and they suck plain and simple. If not fixed soon, call me a QQer or whatever but im going to have to reroll.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
wow really : /
I can't believe your hating on you own class.
Yes priests are having some serious mana issues.
Myself for instance certain posts and online forums are telling me that as a disc priest i should now be useing spells that I have not pulled out of the old book sense i started this toon.
It is just a matter of reading up on the new ways to play your class not come on the forums to complain and then bash the rest of us.
It also matters about group comps now. Even though blizz gives us the LFD option we cannot modify the type or class of player we get. I end up in a group with all mele in a heroic that the bosses explode mele. As I am not an aoe healer I stayed oom and we died alot.
No fault of mine or the other ppl in group just a really !#*@ty party make up.
Maybe lvl a goblin till ppl are more geared out and can handle the dmg that you can't learn and adjust to heal through.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
These "the sky is falling!" posts are always everywhere at the release of a new expansion. It's best to just ignore them. If you'd like some advice on mana conservation, I can help you out, but if you're going to just roll over and give up, I really don't think I can do much.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Let's be clear Tethered, check out my achievements and spec. I have done heroic instances, I will continue to do heroic instances. The issue is that I'm running with guild groups.

You see, I like that healing is hard. It helps to separate the rock stars from the groupies. It's just

not

fair

to the rest of the group that I can't pick up their slack. It's not fair to my friends that they have to work twice as hard to play with me, and go much slower through instances, than if they picked up an ungeared druid or paladin from trade chat.

There's a lot of tweaking holy priests can do (copy my talent spec, pay attention to the above abilities I listed in the original post) to pull off the big win in heroics.

But let's get one thing straight. If you are a priest, completing heroics right now undergeared, it's not just that you're a great player - you've got four amazing players carrying you through the dungeon.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
If you can give any advice PLEASE give me some advice. I have ran as both disc and holy now at 85 and i cannot do anything with either by the time trash is 50% dead im oom popping cooldowns i cannot figure this out.

I spam heals and tanks keep going down if aoe hits the grp the rest of the grp goes down b/c i cannot stop chaining heal b/c its so underpowered if i switch to flash heals they just trash my mana.
Edited by Baziwan on 12/10/2010 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Between this thread and the one in the priest class forum, I've said everything there is to do for holy priests right now. Beyond that it requires four other people who are playing at the top of their game to drag you through.
Edited by Rilok on 12/10/2010 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/10/2010 1:46 PMPosted by Tethered
If you'd like some advice on mana conservation, I can help you out, but if you're going to just roll over and give up, I really don't think I can do much.

I'm holy as well and I'd love any tips you might be able to give. Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
How are priests broken? Sitting around 2.3k'ish combat regen I'm finding I need to drink a lot less then I did at 84. Seriously, with our toolkit there isn't a problem healing.
Reply Quote
MVP
83 Night Elf Priest
I'll listen.

Can you describe specifically why you think priests are weaker healers than other healers in 85 heroics?

I'm still taking my sweet time having fun just questing and leveling, but I'll be there soon to see.

I'll note that the priest forums do not seem to agree with you (except for your cross-posted post here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1406223814 ) ... so I'm curious to why you think that is too.
Edited by Snowfoxen on 12/10/2010 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Seriously, other then the occassional execution wipe, I'm not having a hard time keep up with the intended (and sometimes unintended) amounts of dmg w/o blowing up my mana bar. Some boss fights are intense where ill end up with maybe 3-10%, but a lot i'm sitting at 50-80%.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
The priests posting in the other forum have already done the instance grind to get heroic level gear. Trying to break into heroics right now is like climbing mount Everest.

The current mana regen undergeared is broken. Increase the gains from spirit enough to get us over 2K combat regen in quest gear, or increase the mana regen from shadow fiend, or increase the mana regen from hymn of hope, or give priests a replenishment style mana regen buff.

Something. These fights are marathons and priests, even playing correctly (keeping the group around 50% health), are still going out of mana halfway through the fight before they get fully geared.

Meanwhile other classes are rocking heroics undergeared. I have no problem with that, but priests need to be buffed up to justify their spot in group.
Edited by Rilok on 12/10/2010 3:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/10/2010 1:22 PMPosted by Rilok
Just in case anyone doesn't know yet.

If you're doing a PUG heroic and you land a priest healer, vote kick them. It's worth waiting 15 minutes at this point.

If you're running in a guild heroic group, using vent, and you have great players behind the characters you'll be able to do heroics. You've got to work your ass off, but with perfect execution from the rest of the group (CC, don't stand in fire) you'll get 50/50 odds on beating bosses under geared. (Holy build, Chakra: heal, serenity, renew, LIGHT WELL, shadow pet, hymn of hope, mana pot, divine hymn, and get used to having the group below 40% health for the majority of the fight. If DPS is lacking, use soul stone or battle rez to regain an additional 10-20% mana. Some boss fights require this extra suicide tactic. Light Well at the start and end of the boss fight (scratch up the mana, have the tank blow cool downs)

TBH, if you're running with a guild group be thankful they're letting you be selfish and play a broken class.

TL/DR: votekick priests in heroic PUGS, guild groups w/ vent are doable.

priests arent broken.
I personally heal quite fine give i cant heal heroics yet (im 1 ilvl off and a mage stole my uograde).
If your group wont cc glyph terror so you fer doesnt send mobs off pulling more mobs and manually do it youself.
Ends up working fine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I haven't felt underpowered in the least when healing heroics. If anything I come out of some fights thinking to myself "if I was another class, I might have had a harder time on that fight."

As far as the "maybe if you have a good group willing to carry you and vent" line goes, I'm pretty sure every healer has the same experience of having a hard time in bad PuGs where people don't CC and don't move out of things. The only thing that voice chat would be necessary for as a healing priest is being able to easily tell someone to click the lightwell because you have better things to do with your time and mana than heal their asses directly, and that's something that's going to get easier with time as PuGtards learn to watch their health bars and click the damn thing.

Priests, especially of the Holy variety, have more buttons than other healers. You need to learn to use them all, and use them properly, or you're going to fail.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I barely do stuff and end with 0% mana, other healer finish boss with 100% mana. Maybe slightly overuse Greater Heal but it is 100% effective, probably playing 90% perfect in my estimation.
Edited by Polaro on 12/10/2010 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
All healers in general seem to complain about feeling weak. I personly feel like I'm being carried by my group.

If this is the intent then I don't want to heal anymore since I don't find it fun.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Priest
I too am thinking I will give up on healing, it's just too broken to be fun at this point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]