soo ret is 85... it didnt fix it

85 Human Paladin
TBD
12/10/2010 4:41 PMPosted by Rennadrel
Play a different spec then? Honestly, you warlocks complain a lot despite the fact that at any 1 given time you have a spec that is so much better then the others. Same with druids, feral has always been the best but the other 3 aren't complete and utter balls either.

Man, you must have missed feral at release...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 5:20 PMPosted by Jpmlöl
I don't mean to play devil's advocate, but have you played arena yet? Do you have full PVP gear? Are you fighting people with full PVP gear?

These are some things to take into consideration, especially when ret was extremely effective pre-4.0 versus people with low/no resilience. I'm not saying that resilience will fix it, but judging balance based on BGs with 0 resilience versus people with 0 resilience is just stupid.

Haha - don't mean to play devil's advocate? You of all people know how broken ret is and is why you chose to level your DK first and I think it's debatable whether you will go back and level your Pally...

But you are right - fights with no resilience don't amount to much... but ret's problems go far deeper than survivability which resilience will go some way to fixing...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
These are some things to take into consideration, especially when ret was extremely effective pre-4.0 versus people with low/no resilience. I'm not saying that resilience will fix it, but judging balance based on BGs with 0 resilience versus people with 0 resilience is just stupid.

You say that like everyone wasn't extremely effective against people with low/no resilience pre-4.0
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I don't mean to play devil's advocate, but have you played arena yet? Do you have full PVP gear? Are you fighting people with full PVP gear?

Because ret's damage will improve because people get resilience?

Ret's everything being dispellable is a problem, and no amount of resilience would change that.

Reply Quote
54 Night Elf Druid

I think the point of the thread there were very many threads and posts saying "wait til 85", "its not balanced for 80".

Now you're saying we back to "resil will fix it".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/10/2010 6:03 PMPosted by Jpmlöl
I'm not saying that resilience will fix it,

derp

You forgot this part
but judging balance based on BGs with 0 resilience versus people with 0 resilience is just stupid.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/10/2010 4:10 PMPosted by Zelethul
To the OP, you are a QQ baby. Affliction has had all three of your "reasons" you need a buff for years upon years. And. no. one. cared.

Least of all you paladins. The old class forums were filled with you lot telling us how just fine we should be with our ramp up time back when Aff was the only spec in the game with it that bad.

least you have multiple DPS specs to go to
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I've played all melee classes except a warrior and for me ret has never been fun even more so than before. The rotation is just so bad it doesn't feel worth it to keep up in dps because of how boring and tunneled vision it becomes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2010 12:40 AMPosted by Mefightnow
When is ret not gonna cry. The spec has went through more redesigns than any other by far and people still complain. The true answer is ret will never be happy because they want everything.

Ret: Wants a gap closer.

Ret: Wants a MS effect.

Ret: wants a snare.

You might as well just say it now and tell blizzard you want to turn rets into warriors.

what does poor design involving

to much RNG
to long ramp up times
and to vulnerable to dispels have to do with anything you said?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]