There is a serious issue

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I am playing through cata and i am completley oblivious to what is happening to my ret paladin. I've been questing and getting new cata gear and everything is going okay until i get done waiting for my 40 min dungeon que, then i get in the instance and start dps'ing and it's terrible.

I have been kicked from numerous groups i waiting 40 minutes to get into because my dps is so low. I am willing to admit i suck but for some reason i dont think that is the case seeing as pre cata i was always first or second in dps for wrath heroics.

Either something is seriously wrong with ret paladins or i am blantly doing something completley wrong. I'm willing to be okay with either but if its the second one i need help on figuring out how this problem can be fixed.

Check out my armory and see my stats and see what it is im doing so wrong. In instances my rotation is usually as follows:

Single-Target:
Judgement>Crusader strike>Templars verdict>Then using HoW and excorcism as they come instant and also using inquistiion while repeating the first three attacks.

Multi-Target:
Same as above but with Divine Storm instead of Crusader Strike

I use Rettibution aura, Seal of righeousness and blessing of might.

If i'm doing something completley wrong i am open to hearing how badly ive been playing provided someone can help me figure out what my problem is and how to fix it. Any help would be very very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
People seriously kick you from groups?

I've done randoms with plenty of tards who do really poor DPS, but no one every kicks them. I've never seen any DPS get kicked unless they're wiping the group.

That said, your armory shows I'm the same level as you and I still generally top the meters on bosses, or at least do comparable damage as others. The only time I feel really inadequate is when we have an arcane mage in the group who actually knows how to play. And I usually lag behind on AoE pulls.

EDIT:

Single-Target:
Judgement>Crusader strike>Templars verdict>Then using HoW and excorcism as they come instant and also using inquistiion while repeating the first three attacks.

Multi-Target:
Same as above but with Divine Storm instead of Crusader Strike

I use Rettibution aura, Seal of righeousness and blessing of might.

If i'm doing something completley wrong i am open to hearing how badly ive been playing provided someone can help me figure out what my problem is and how to fix it. Any help would be very very much appreciated.

If that's your "priority" of casting spells then it's wrong. If that's how you run into a fight (Judge first to get in there fast), then that's ok.

Also, you have other spells. Spells that can fit into your "rotation" while things are on CD. Make use of HW and Cons. They are lesser priority than everything else, but sometimes you have nothing else to cast. Also, I find DS a waste of time.

I use Ret Aura, Seal of Truth, Blessing of Might.
Edited by Babyfactory on 12/10/2010 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah they actually kick me from the group. I don't know what im doing wrong if you are doing so well. Are your rotations basically the same as mine?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
On trash I find I really have to work hard to stay on top of the meters or be equal. You can't be accidentally TVing with less than 3 HP, or CSing if you have 3 HP, you have to Exo when it procs and use your HP wisely. For instance, don't TV if you know the mob will be at 20% health in a second. Wait for that HoW that will most likely kill him, select next target, use TV. You have to make smart use of HP if you want to keep up on trash.

On bosses I generally pull ahead. At least that's what I've noticed so far on the two instances I've done. =P
Edited by Babyfactory on 12/10/2010 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 3:04 PMPosted by Palastorm
MOAR CRIT!

less Mastery.

Oh and some more HIT.

Reforger is your friend.

(oh I'm just going by what I've seen.. clearly I dont have cata yet)

Haste is your friend.

I would also suggest getting rid of "Eternal Glory" and "Eye for an Eye" for "Arbiter of Light" and "Blazing Light"
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 2:37 PMPosted by Babyfactory

Ret Aura doesn't improve your dps one whit. The tank is the one getting hit, and the damage it does when he gets hit is credited to him. You can dps in Crusader Aura, and still do the same damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/10/2010 3:58 PMPosted by Jantilla
12/10/2010 2:37 PMPosted by Babyfactory

Ret Aura doesn't improve your dps one whit. The tank is the one getting hit, and the damage it does when he gets hit is credited to him. You can dps in Crusader Aura, and still do the same damage.

I never said Ret Aura increased my DPS... He had listed what he had up (including Ret Aura), so I listed what I had up. But it does increase the raid's DPS. And if it counts as the tank's damage it increases his threat... But anyway... I only listed it because he did. Which goes to confirm he's correct in using it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]