Mana issue......

90 Human Mage
Not sure if this is a bug or not. I noticed that my mana is disappearing at an alarming rate. At level 82 I have 41467 mana unbuffed. My combat regen is 319. AB costs 503 per cast, but if I cast it 12 times I run out of mana. Hmmmm, 503 x 12 is 6036. But I am spending 41467 mana on 12 casts, that is 3455 mana per AB cast. Am I missing something? This just started happening today. If I equip my old gear I still have the same issue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Arcane blast gets more expensive every time you spam it. There are stacks that you build up that you have to clear by using arcane missiles/barrage.

Assuming this isn't some elaborate troll that wants me to explain things that someone that doesn't even have a mage knows...
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I had not notice the issue being this bad till today. I guess the mage goes back in the box. Does Blizz want us to enjoy playing our toons? They nerfed my SP and my Pally. Everything is turning into such a pain in the butt to play.
Reply Quote
Arcane's more than Arcane Blast spam now. Arcane Blast spam is unsustainable, so Arcane has three "phases". First is the burn phase. This is Arcane Blast spam, along with cooldowns. You do this until you're at around 40% mana. Then you enter your Replenishment phase. This is Evocation. The third part is the Conservation phase, where you conserve mana by breaking Arcane Blast stacks with Arcane Missiles when it procs, or Arcane Barrage when AM isn't up; don't let AB stack more than twice during this phase. This continues until you see that Evocation is almost off cooldown, and then you enter the burn phase again and you continue the cycle. Also, you probably want to stay in Mage Armor for the mana regen and you'll probably want to line up Mana Gems with your burn phase, to maximize damage.

The funny part is, I don't even have a mage a level 85 (he's level 60 right now, rolled him 2 weeks ago). Just read around.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
welcome to cataclysm, where things get tough again, the way they should be :D
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I'm having no mana issues at the moment mind you I'm not spamming AB. You need to pay attention to your mana bar now. Have a rotation, use your AM proc/barrage. Pop your gem when you get a little low, well low enough that you get the full mana back that you can get.
Reply Quote
You need to learn how to operate an efficient DPM rotation or you need to respec/reroll.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
my Moonkin in lvl 85 have 79k mana, i get OOM killing 3 mobs in dayllis.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
12/10/2010 3:01 PMPosted by Reddfury
I had not notice the issue being this bad till today. I guess the mage goes back in the box. Does Blizz want us to enjoy playing our toons? They nerfed my SP and my Pally. Everything is turning into such a pain in the butt to play.

so you would rather if arcanes rotation was 1111111111111111111111111111111?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
12/10/2010 7:31 PMPosted by Gingervitis
so you would rather if arcanes rotation was 1111111111111111111111111111111?

Apparently he does. AB spam was very lol worthy at first but got rather boring right away.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Lol, shelving your mage because you need to use your brain now? A typical, pathetic mage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]