Enh Shaman Weapon Imbue Macro

85 Orc Shaman
im looking for 2 macros... 1 that will put Windfury on my MH and the other to put FlameTongue on my OH. right now i just have each spells on my bar and sometimes it gets them backwards and sometimes it gets them right, i never move the butons and always hit them in the right order... so i want something FAILSAFE so that i always have WF up on my MH weapon and visaversa... is this possible? thanks guys!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I'd look at the macros for rogues putting poison on their two weapons.

#showtooltip
/use [button:1] POISON1NAMEHERE; POISON2NAMEHERE
/use [button:1] 16; 17
/click StaticPopup1Button1

So, for instance, you can redo this as:
#showtooltip
/use [button:1] Windfury; Flametongue
/use [button:1] 16; 17

Button 1 = left-click on the button on the action bar to start Windfury on your main hand. Any other way of doing the macro (right-clicking, hitting the keybind, whatever) to start Flametongue on your off-hand.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
ok i dont want to have to click it with the mouse, i have EVERYTHING keybound... i hate usin my mouse... so if i was to have it on 2 seperate keybinds what would it look like..

/cast Windfury Weapon slot 16

and

/cast Flametongue Weapon slot 17

or is they're more to it than this?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
/cast Windfury Weapon
/use 16

and

/cast Flametongue Weapon
/use 17
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
schweet, thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Can someone please confirm that the macros in here work? In particular:

/cast Windfury Weapon
/use 16

and

/cast Flametongue Weapon
/use 17

Thank you in advance.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I agree with you. More than that, I've tested them and I cannot get them to work. Now, can totem timers direct an imbue to a specific weapon slot? That's the important thing. The reason is yesterday in heroics I found it necessary to swap from flametongue to rockbiter in order to pull an elemental to me and bind it away from the group. But without being able to click just one button to direct the rockbiter to the offhand, it was a hassle.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
16 is the InventoryID for main hand slot. 17 is offhand. That's what the /use lines are for.

If you are trying to overwrite an existing imbue, you may need to also add:
/click StaticPopup1 Button1
Edited by Kamdis on 12/14/2010 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Here are the Macros I've tried:

1) #showtooltip
/script CancelItemTempEnchantment(2)
/cast Flametongue Weapon
/use 17

2) #showtooltip
/script CancelItemTempEnchantment(2)
/cast Flametongue Weapon
/use 17

3) #showtooltip
/cast Flametongue Weapon
/use 17

4) #showtooltip
/cast Flametongue Weapon
/use 17

5) /cast Flametongue Weapon
/use 17

As you can see, they're all attempting the same thing, but they all fail. The /use function in these macros does not direct the imbue to the offhand slot. I've tested them with no enchants on, an enchant on the mainhand only, and an enchant on both weapons. The macro only imbues the offhand weapon in the case where the mainhand is imbued already, as if I wasn't using a macro at all.

And about totem timers, that's essentially the same thing the blizzard default does, albeit in a more compact and attractive way, but not quite what I'm looking for.

edit: Ah. Apparently these macros used to work, but they're broken now. Check this thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1127128802#1

Kind of a bummer now that there's reason to swap on the fly :-(.
Edited by Throknorei on 12/14/2010 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
edit: Ah. Apparently these macros used to work, but they're broken now. Check this thread:

Kind of a bummer now that there's reason to swap on the fly :-(.

Well, crappy as that is, it makes sense from Blizzard's perspective. They broke on-the-fly relic swapping (by making it trigger the global cooldown) and other similar things that made certain classes' skills more powerful than was intended.
Edited by Kamdis on 12/14/2010 1:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Oddly, I never have the problem.

Lots of the macros you've got above were artifacts of 2.x and early 3.x WoW. CancelItemTempEnchantment is a protected function since WoW 4.0 dropped.

You might try using /click, but I'm not sure it'll help.

Step 1: Open the character pane.
Step 2: Use the command /framestack
Step 3: Hover the mouse over the weapon slot on the character pane. Write the name down.
Step 4: Make a macro like the below
#showtooltip
/cast Flametongue Weapon
/click Name_of_Weapon_Slot RightButton

Edit: I think the weapon slot names are:
  • CharacterMainHandSlot

• CharacterSecondaryHandSlot

This should apply the weapon imbue to the specified weapon slot - as long as nothing else is on the weapon. If something is already on the weapon, you should be prompted to overwrite.
Edited by Unkle on 12/14/2010 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I just tried that macro, and it doesn't direct the imbue to the specified slot. In addition to that it creates an icon on my pointer as if I'd dragged my offhand weapon from the character pane.

Everyone, thank you so much for helping. Hopefully there is a way to do this. Anyone know where I can find a list of current functions I can use in macros?

edit: I forgot to add the "RightButton" part of the macro. While it still behaves the same, it doesn't act as if I dragged my offhand from the character pane.
Edited by Throknorei on 12/14/2010 2:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_macro
Reply Quote
68 Draenei Shaman
see the problem i keep seeing is the macro,

/cast Windfury Weapon
/cast Flametongue Weapon

now this macro would work if there was a way to have the macro wait for the first /cast to finish casting and then the second /cast begins. i agree that if there is a way to direct the cast between main and off hand that would be nice. any solutions to that?
Reply Quote
01/01/2011 9:23 AMPosted by Cyone
see the problem i keep seeing is the macro,

/cast Windfury Weapon
/cast Flametongue Weapon

now this macro would work if there was a way to have the macro wait for the first /cast to finish casting and then the second /cast begins.

There isn't. There is no way to delay a secure action.

i agree that if there is a way to direct the cast between main and off hand that would be nice. any solutions to that?

Half the responses in this thread already do that... That's what the second line with the weapon slot is for.

/castsequence Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon
/castsequence 16, 17
Reply Quote
68 Draenei Shaman
so there isnt a script where you could place a timer in the middle of casting so say when you click the macro, windfury casts then timer starts for say 1 second then flametongue casts?
Reply Quote
01/01/2011 9:48 AMPosted by Cyone
so there isnt a script where you could place a timer in the middle of casting so say when you click the macro, windfury casts then timer starts for say 1 second then flametongue casts?

No.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Does anyone know of a command that can be used in macro's to remove a weapon imbue? Currently the only addon I have found to have that type of function is the Totem Timers addon which has an option to "Ctrl-Leftclick to remove weapon buffs" on it's weapon imbue bar (i.e. you are not clicking on the buff near the minimap default location but rather on the Totem Timers bar on the screen which can be positioned wherever). I only really have basic macro experience, not scripting, so I don't know how to access the command that addon is using to remove the weapon imbue and whether it could be applied to a macro.

I would love to be able to create a macro to allow me to toggle between mainhand weapon imbues even if the imbue is already present on the offhand- to be able to do that I need to have something along the lines of cast weapon imbue, cancel mainhand weapon imbue, cast weapon imbue, cancel mainhand weapon imbue. For my understanding of how weapon imbues work see below:

To the O.P. you don't state if you are only concerned about putting WF on your mainhand(mh.) & FT on your offhand(oh.) when you have no weapon imbues in place and then refreshing them, or if you are looking to be able to overwrite those 2 imbues to those specific hands at any time.(Please see below 2nd row of stars for the short version)
The key thing that has changed recently is that you no longer have the ability to specify on which weapon you want an imbue to be applied. In the old days when you cast a weapon imbue you were then prompted to select which weapon, this is no longer the case.

The way weapon imbues work right now is that when you cast a weapon imbue it will automatically apply to whichever hand does not have an imbue already present. If neither hand has an imbue it will automatically apply to the mainhand first, then the next imbue you cast will automatically apply to the offhand.

If both hands already have weapon imbues then it will refresh the same imbue already present ,(ex. you have WF on mh. & FT on oh., you cast FT - it will refresh the already existing oh. imbue) if both hands have the same imbue, it will refresh the older imbue.

If the imbue you cast is not already present it will overwrite the mh. imbue. (Ex. you have WF on mh. & FT on oh., you cast FB, it will overwrite the WF on the mh., you then cast WF - it will overwrite the FB on the mh.
Given the above if all you want to do is apply WF on mh. & FT on oh. when there are no imbues present and then refresh them before they fall off, then the below works fairly well.

/castsequence Windfury Weapon, Flametongue Weapon

The only problem with the above is if your oh. imbue falls off before your mh., it will apply whichever imbue the sequence is on to the oh and any subsequent castings will first overwrite the mainhand with the wrong buff and then refresh the buffs. So you will only have a 50% chance to apply the correct buff to the oh. However if your mh. falls off first and FT is next in sequence and gets applied the next cast (as long as the oh. has not fallen off) will apply WF to the mh.
Edited by Selidrial on 1/1/2011 9:26 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]