Curious about Uther...

82 Draenei Warrior
I'm in the process of looking for a new home for my warrior (and possibly my other alts) and have been researching various guilds throughout the forums. I saw a few potential ones here that caught my interest but wanted to ask a few questions first

1. How's the alliance to horde ratio?
2. What's the average queue time in instances, bgs, etc?
3. Are the ah prices reasonable (things as gems, ore, enchants...)
4. Is there elitism / bickering / trade trolls / etc. on Uther? How are the resident players?
5. How is the raiding on Alliance / Horde?

Sorry to bother y'all with all the questions but when I read through your forums I didn't see any topics addressing these questions (if I missed them, my apologies). I just want to know as much as possible before moving my girl. Anything else you think it's important I know about your home would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced~
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
1. Its about 1.3 alliance to 1 horde iirc. (im sure someone has a more accurate ratio)

2. Q times have been looking like healers get instant Q's more often than tanks, for dps it averages around 15-20 minutes from what ive seen.

3. Right now the prices on all the new stuff are rather high, especially those things only a few people can get/make, it should regulate in due time, as for the outdated mats and whatnot the prices seemed fairly reasonable at least on horde.

4. What server doesn't have all those things? You'll get your fair share of all that in different places. I personally like alliance trade better than horde, at least back in wrath. I haven't seen cata trade chatter yet.

5. Well for wrath, alliance had a lot of guilds in high progression, horde had some guilds as well but it looked like alliance were further or had more guilds progressed most of the time. Since cata is out only time will tell how raiding will go.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
12/10/2010 5:32 PMPosted by Punz
I'm in the process of looking for a new home for my warrior (and possibly my other alts) and have been researching various guilds throughout the forums. I saw a few potential ones here that caught my interest but wanted to ask a few questions first

1. How's the alliance to horde ratio?
2. What's the average queue time in instances, bgs, etc?
3. Are the ah prices reasonable (things as gems, ore, enchants...)
4. Is there elitism / bickering / trade trolls / etc. on Uther? How are the resident players?
5. How is the raiding on Alliance / Horde?

Sorry to bother y'all with all the questions but when I read through your forums I didn't see any topics addressing these questions (if I missed them, my apologies). I just want to know as much as possible before moving my girl. Anything else you think it's important I know about your home would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced~

1. About 1.5:1.
2. About 20-25 mins as DPS for normals. I won't pug heroics right now.
3. No. Cata just launched. There are no reasonable AH prices on any server. They should be OK in about 6 weeks.
4. Yes, and like most realms, the most progressed, best guilds/players aren't the ones talking crap in /2. Regardless of what they tell you about their abilities.
5. There were more progressed Alliance guilds than Horde in WOTLK, but Horde got equally many relevant server firsts (e.g. Horde got Algalon 25, H LK 25; Alliance got Malygos, H Anub 25). I will say that I think you can pug a lot more as Horde than as Alliance, but you're more likely to find a home in an Alliance raid guild.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
pugs happened quite well throughout wrath on Alliance side, was a part of a few 6/12 heroic kingslayer alt runs, no idea how that will translate to Cata.
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Warrior
Thanks everyone for your quick and candid responses. For the most part, your realm is very similar to the one I'm currently on (and I mean that in a good way)- minus raid progression; our realm isn't as progressive at the moment, thus my interest to find a new home where me and my char(s) can grow a bit while meeting new, friendly people.

I 'm probably gonna use this weekend to create a horde and alliance char to test out your realm and get a feel for the place so if you see a stray little char running around it's probably just me...
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Once you make your test alliance character, if you have any questions while you're visiting our server, feel free to send me a tell. Or if you just feel lonely on the new server as you poke around, I'm always happy to chat as long as I'm not in a dungeon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]