Healing in Cata

90 Blood Elf Priest
First let me say i'm not 85, I don't own cata and I don't plan on buying it any time soon. Not because I don't want to try it but because of RL I just don't have time at the moment.

That being said let me just say in regards to healing in cata......stop complaining. I mean really people think about it. The expansion has been out for what? three days? it's going to have issues, it's going to be bugged hell it's going to piss people off but can you honestly name a game that was perfect when it was launched? or could you name 10 that weren't? I would guess the second option. I mean if games were perfect then why would patches exist....right.

Now that may have sounded like a rant but there is method to the madness of this post. I want you the healer community to use this post as a well thought out issue with w/e in detail because I do believe blizzard gm's read these for game issues...why?. When i came back to wow I posted an idea to upgrade healing skills since tier 4 was pretty much useless...what happened? Glyph of Healing 6 seconds of a renew heal.....what did tier 4 give with 2 pieces?.....ok mabye I didn't come up with that idea and most likey the blizzrd gm's were think along the same lines but if you were a gm what would you be more likely to read a post by a troll or several posts easly accessable made by the healing community?

With that said post away

Idale
-screw easy mode.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/10/2010 6:15 PMPosted by Idale
That being said let me just say in regards to healing in cata......stop complaining. I mean really people think about it. The expansion has been out for what? three days? it's going to have issues, it's going to be bugged hell it's going to piss people off but can you honestly name a game that was perfect when it was launched?

You say this like there was no beta. Or like this is a game that actually listens to bug reports from a beta. Look at the quests or mechanics people are having trouble with... 9 times out 10 that problem was reported during beta and, surprise, it's still there.

Beta testing is what's supposed to help make a game closer to perfect on launch. This can't be said for WoW.

[edit: grammar]
Edited by Restochango on 12/10/2010 6:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/10/2010 6:23 PMPosted by Restochango
12/10/2010 6:15 PMPosted by Idale
That being said let me just say in regards to healing in cata......stop complaining. I mean really people think about it. The expansion has been out for what? three days? it's going to have issues, it's going to be bugged hell it's going to piss people off but can you honestly name a game that was perfect when it was launched?

You say this like there was no beta. Or like this is a game that actually listens to bug reports from a beta. Look at the quests or mechanics people are having trouble with... 9 times out 10 that problem was reported during beta and, surprise, it's still there.

Beta testing is what's supposed to help make a game closer to perfect on launch. This can't be said for WoW.

[edit: grammar]

Let's label this post as counter productive. A good example of what I just mentioned.

Now getting back to the post let's do and example.

From what i'm to understand most healers now feel as if the heal is the main heal. Now i'm not sure how true that is but with my experience I find the heal spell as a sustainer / action initator (as i have posted before) a quick example......sustainer - when heal is casted in chakra heal it adds 3 seconds to the buff cool down, action - starts the chakra to begin with. A suggestion for blizzard? If players feel heals are nerfed why not have the heal spell add a great time to chakra state (e.g 6 seconds as heal takes 2.3 approx) and have its healing % (can't remember if it's done or received) raise by say 5% and bam a small increase helps a lot.

Now using these two examples post away :D

Idale
-screw easy mode.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]