Fix for healing

100 Dwarf Paladin
While I was pondering the situation at work I figured out a way to address everyones (including my owns) problems regarding healing. It is simple, just double the power of all heals. That way if you spam you still run out of mana just as fast, but your heals will actually have an effect, giving you precious seconds to actually not heal for a change.

This gives a little more room for error as opposed to the near zero percentage error that is currently in effect.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Warning, !*@*storm detected.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
/signed.

Allthough that won't happen. Blizz will cave in to the QQ and tune the heals up I think but not to the 2x power you have suggested :(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I don't agree with this. I think a few spells and abilities need some tweaking across the classes (i.e. Regrowth) but x2 on all the heals will completely defeat the purpose of the new model.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
Very few think Blizzard's new healing system is fun.

Having everyone sitting at 40% for the whole fight is stressful.

Blizzard wanted to do away with Stress on a healer so Bosses wouldn't kill the tank in a global. So they just have the whole 5 man that way. Yuck.

Yes there will be a few who think watching people die is fun. But as a healer who should be able to play their toon it's not. Blizzard's design now is not really playing your toon. It's a game healers play now and then called, "how low can you go."

But now the only difference is the healer can't heal anyone.

Why a healer's job has to be full of stress and almost inpossible to do when tanking and dps are now so easy a bobbing bird can do it is silly.

You want stress put some on DPS. They miss a button by a 1/2 second they can't DPS for 5 mins. Tanks who miss lowers their HP and armor to zero. That would be fun.

Stress them out too.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
You mean letting healers heal?

We wouldn't want that.

Why you find that fun is odd. You play a healer shouldn't you want to heal? I guess not.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/10/2010 9:35 PMPosted by Georie
You want stress put some on DPS. They miss a button by a 1/2 second they can't DPS for 5 mins. Tanks who miss lowers their HP and armor to zero. That would be fun.

Stress them out too.

That would put very little stress on them and a crapload on the healers...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Blizzard wanted to do away with Stress on a healer so Bosses wouldn't kill the tank in a global. So they just have the whole 5 man that way. Yuck.

Yes there will be a few who think watching people die is fun. But as a healer who should be able to play their toon it's not. Blizzard's design now is not really playing your toon. It's a game healers play now and then called, "how low can you go."

Why a healer's job has to be full of stress and almost inpossible to do when tanking and dps are now so easy a bobbing bird can do it is silly.

Stress them out too.

Good post.
For me, this is supposed to fun.
I dont expect healing to be easy. We should be ooming at time/when not careful.

There shouldnt be this much stress though.
I can get through a dungeon. But at the end of it, im 30+ waters down and totally tense.
Time fore me to go boomy until it gets a little less stressful.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
No.

No. No. No. NO!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Stress them out too.

i agree 100 percent im about to just quit this its dumb healing is no fun any more im not looking for easy mode but hell this is suppose to be a game that you play for fun not stressful so when you get out of an instance your all tence and stressed fix this please blizz
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
at least 1.5x, 2x would be preffered for the little bit extra margin of error. And if you want tanks/DPS to become stressed. If they mess up their rotation, or adds get lose, Just give them like a -50 to their rolls on loot, or make them unable to roll need on it.
Reply Quote
82 Orc Death Knight
What Blizzard could do is give a haste benefit as a talent or mastery mechanic for every healer class. Enough to shorten all big 3 second spells to about 1.5 and all short spells to about 50% or 37% of their original cast time. Of course mana would be an issue so they'd have to either a) buff spirit or b) reduce the mana cost of all spells.

I think this would still give healers the same challenge but more hps in order to compensate for all of the spiky damage.

If you buff healing by 2x, then you're giving a lot of possibility that your healers are over healing once they hit the t11 and higher stages of gear.

That's just my opinion, I'm not some Blizzard game engineer but I think it's a solid theory.
Reply Quote
16 Night Elf Warrior
I was actually just thinking this earlier. I was thinking, "This just isn't fun. I don't play a game to be stressed. Surely Blizz will nerf some of these heroic bosses..."

But then I thought, "Wait, no. I don't really want the dungeon easier. The difficulty, the thinking, the planning... that is fun. Blizz did that right. I want to feel like I'm actually accomplishing something when I heal. I want to not have to neglect the tank just to save a dps that is very close to dying from that huge aoe/whatever that actually is unavoidable that does exactly the spike damage that Blizz said they were eliminating."

So yeah, boost the heal coefficient. Let my heals heal for more. We still have to know the mechanics, our cast time are still entirely too long (casting for ~2.25 seconds for an added sliver of health on the tank? really, Ghostcrawler? that's your idea of fun?), dps still needs to avoid avoidable damage, stupid healers will still go OOM. I don't want easy mode. I don't want mindless spam (which, btw, we are very close to). I don't want endless mana. I DO want to be rewarded for being a good player. I DO want to feel like my heals are actually doing something. I DO want to be able to help out that DPS that ended up in some trouble for whatever reason, because it happens every once in a while to even the best dps.

Add this to Blizzard's colossal record of overreacting and breaking things that worked to fix things that didn't. Seriously, it seems to be happening with alarming frequency lately.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No.

No. No. No. NO!

This.
Do not ruin this expansion for the rest of us cause you can't be bothered to read up on your class talents and rotations and gear properly for an instance.
In a few weeks, people will be running around in purples and all this will get so much easier anyway.
If you feel you just can't compete, wait a few weeks, do your questing, and re-join the healing world when the group is better geared and you don't have to work as hard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes we need heals to be stronger for heroics because in entry gear (which I'm sure 90% of the people in here gamed the iLevel system for by equipping downarmored, unrelated rep rewards), our heals are not very strong.

It's actually rather enjoyable to be able to sit at less than max with the knowledge you won't be taking the obligatory aura or random spike damage that was everywhere in LK.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This.
Do not ruin this expansion for the rest of us cause you can't be bothered to read up on your class talents and rotations and gear properly for an instance.
In a few weeks, people will be running around in purples and all this will get so much easier anyway.
If you feel you just can't compete, wait a few weeks, do your questing, and re-join the healing world when the group is better geared and you don't have to work as hard.

I hate to burst your bubble, but you're not the majority. Nor does your opinion matter more than ours. A great many of us HAVE bothered to read up on our class talents and rotations and gear. A great many of us can do the job with difficulty. The problem for a great number of us isn't ignorance, it's that this isn't fun. You may disagree, and frankly we don't care. We don't play the game to be stressed. We don't want to "wait a few weeks" and "re-join the healing world" later. Most of us don't want to go back to the Wrath healing model, and most of us want to have to think in a dungeon. Failing despite not making a mistake is not fun. You and others may be a fan of the Vanilla healing model, but the fact is it wasn't very popular. There's a reason it changed. It's called money, the bottom line, subscriptions. Right now, there's a lot of money saying that this isn't fun.

Now please take your elitist self-centered self elsewhere.
Edited by Draniirn on 12/11/2010 12:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You are using "most" an awful lot. What are you exactly backing up this "most" with?
Just because healers come to these forums to qq about how it can't be done doesn't mean you're the majority.
How do you know it wasn't very popular? Blizzard went back to it because people complained. Healers were bored. There was a lot of money saying wotlk healing wasn't fun too.
Whatever.
Deal with it. It really isn't all that hard. You had an entire expansion of facerolling. If you can't keep up with stress, go dps.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
You are using "most" an awful lot. What are you exactly backing up this "most" with?
Just because healers come to these forums to qq about how it can't be done doesn't mean you're the majority.
How do you know it wasn't very popular? Blizzard went back to it because people complained. Healers were bored. There was a lot of money saying wotlk healing wasn't fun too.
Whatever.
Deal with it. It really isn't all that hard. You had an entire expansion of facerolling. If you can't keep up with stress, go dps.

This is the first time I've hit the forums since release night. My "most" is from tonight's going through these forums and more so my own discussions with other healers in-game. If you did want to use only this forum as a sample, though, you're still vastly outnumbered. The people that come to these forums tend to be a bit more involved, as casual players that may not play every day or for more than a few hours at a time don't visit here on a regular basis. If anything, the forum regulars here are more likely to be in favor of the new healing model, and it's overwhelmingly negative here. The healers that are enjoying the new mechanics are few and far between, it doesn't matter where you look. Blizzard went back to it because Blizzard overreacts. A lot. There were problems with the Wrath healing model. We all know it, and you still seem to think that if it's not like this then it must be like Wrath. Game design isn't an either-or statement. Blizzard fixed the things that didn't work in Wrath, or at least tried to, but threw out a lot that did work.

And again, it isn't about keeping up with the stress. It's a damn video game. It's supposed to be fun. I can be stressed when my 1 year-old takes a marker to the wall. I don't need it in a game. A little tension, strategy, planning, that's great.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
An even simpler fix: give yourself more than a few days to get used to the model.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]