Does anyone else like the way healing is now?

85 Goblin Priest
my only issue is id like mana to be tweeked i like hard instances but going oom 2 secs into a fight is dumb. i tryed a bucnha diff ways of healing but oom like buts with 75k mana i shouldnt be going oom like that
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2010 4:46 AMPosted by Àdvil
my only issue is id like mana to be tweeked i like hard instances but going oom 2 secs into a fight is dumb. i tryed a bucnha diff ways of healing but oom like buts with 75k mana i shouldnt be going oom like that

I notice you're gearing for a more pvp oriented play. Can't say much about that, but PvE wise:

Get more spirit. You'd be surprised how much it really makes a difference now. I am gaining nearly 1 mp5 for each point of spirit I add.

Also grab Veiled Shadows as any priest if you can, the extra minute off Shadow Fiend is huge.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
So you guys like your class's niche spells being nerfed to hell and reduced to spamming one heal? As a Druid it's no longer efficient to cast any hots but LB and I'm hearing Shamans rarely use chain heal. So what, we're all supposed to be like Paladins now? No, I do not enjoy the new healing model.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
12/11/2010 4:46 AMPosted by Àdvil

Take this for what you will; but you should identify why you are going OOM. Are you:

1) Spamming your flash/giant heals to often?
2) Trying to keep everyone at 100% when its unnecessary?
3) Have people being stupid and taking unnecessary damage
4) Not using CC/Not using CC well

Any of these factors can drain your mana fast; and yes there are still heroic pulls that will drain your mana fast (because of the necessity of the stronger heals) but for the most part my healing is riptide, healing wave, and healing stream totem.

I very rarely heal dps above 75% health unless a mechanic calls for it.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/11/2010 4:52 AMPosted by Seradí
So you guys like your class's niche spells being nerfed to hell and reduced to spamming one heal? As a Druid it's no longer efficient to cast any hots but LB and I'm hearing Shamans rarely use chain heal. So what, we're all supposed to be like Paladins now? No, I do not enjoy the new healing model.

Exactly
All i do now is put 3 x lifebloom up on tank and healing touch the rest of the fight.
NO fun.
I liked having to keep track of hots.
Edited by Tulie on 12/11/2010 5:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Also grab Veiled Shadows as any priest if you can, the extra minute off Shadow Fiend is huge.

Really?

I haven't really encountered a fight that lasts long enough for this talent to be useful, it strikes me as more of a raid talent.
Reply Quote
I'm having fun. Granted I'm not 85 yet and I hear that's where the real problems are.
The real problem I've seen with healing is dps not paying attention to where they are standing. (Hey guys... Don't stand in front of the flayers in Stonecore. On that note, why are you standing in front of a mob at all?)
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I like healing.
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Shaman
The way healing is now is awesome. I love healing now.

The only downside to being a healer is you are also the scapegoat. Even though the DPs stood in the fire, it is still you're fault for the wipe

Also, if we're out of combat, your health is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. I'm restoring mana with water that I had to purchase. I shouldn't have to spend gold to restore your health bar bc you are too lazy to eat and restore your own health.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Resto druid is broken. Glad the rest of you are having fun though.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Absolutely hate it, but will give it a bit of time to see how it pans out.

Spamming my most efficient heal just to keep people about 50% and only seeing it heal for 10kish is absolutely pathetic. I thought we gained 5 levels. Used to like using chain heal too, next to never use it anymore because of the cost and how little it heals for.

Loved healing in BC, loved it in wrath, but after a long day of work, extra stress is not needed. The fun in healing is definitely gone.
Edited by Zync on 12/11/2010 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Having a blast! Thank you Blizzard for fixing healing!
Reply Quote
29 Human Priest
12/11/2010 9:36 AMPosted by Tahfnarn
The way healing is now is awesome. I love healing now.

The only downside to being a healer is you are also the scapegoat. Even though the DPs stood in the fire, it is still you're fault for the wipe

Also, if we're out of combat, your health is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. I'm restoring mana with water that I had to purchase. I shouldn't have to spend gold to restore your health bar bc you are too lazy to eat and restore your own health.

This is my first healer and never did any dungeon with it pre 4.00. So I can't say how it compares.

But you are right a lot of times the healer will get blamed for the wipe. At the same time it is the healer who saves the group from the wipe. Basically we have to take the bad with the good.

Yesterday I was so preoccupied with keeping everyone in the group alive. That I completely forgot about my own health and ended up dieing. Problem with me dieing is no one else can resurrect me. So I had to make the long trek back while the group waited.

There was also the time when both the tank and a dps died on me against 3 elites. The only thing I think saved the wipe was me fast clicking between a mage and a warrior who was in the dps role.

So do I enjoy this role so far yes. As it is quite different than what I've done in the past which was a mage. I seem to like standing back and not getting involved right in the fight.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
85 Tauren Paladin
I am enjoying the difficulty it provides. It makes DPS think and for that I'm grateful.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
No I am not enjoying it.

Its not hard, every dungeon I have run has been a success. But lets be honest....Im only using one heal now. I used to use all my heals. Now im just mashing the one heal on my keyboard so the next one start to cast right away.

On the plus side, I have dusted off the ol hex spell.

But no its not fun, not to me anyways. If blizz wants to keep the same model and make my other spells useful. Then yeah it will be fun again. Time will tell.
Reply Quote
yes I'm just loving it too ! Can't wait to see how it will be at 85 with full cata gear though ! I wana see the heroics wipes back :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]