fellow priests..

85 Blood Elf Priest
sooo is it just me? or can we not heal ANYTHING because we go oom so fast.
everybody says oh its your gear, oh use the standard "Heal". I tried it, and still doesn't work.

can you guys tell me what im doing wrong here? i go oom wayy to fast. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
A good read. Highly recommended:
http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110245-cataclysm_holy_priest_compendium/

You need the right talents and gear before you attempt the heal spam (for example I wouldn't do heal spam without 3 points in divine fury). Then read up on how to rotate it and use chakra effectively to not have to reapply renew and at the same time stack echo of light. Weave in holy word and pom and GH. Leave FH for emergencies only and if you have lots of mana.

Expect to pop SF and HoH on every boss. Sometimes on trash too if your group is messing things up.
Edited by Sedivy on 12/11/2010 2:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks

I read it, changed some stuff up on my holy build and reforged some.
Hopefully they change mana costs of some spells though D:
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Start with PoM, and renew just before tank pulls. Then fire up chakra and start spamming heal on him. Every time he starts losing more health than your heal spam can catch up, hit holy word: serenity. COntinue with heal spam. If still a problem redo pom, or even cast GH. Then back to heal spam. It will keep refreshing renew so watch that your chakra doesn't fall off.

Conserve at all times. If a dps just got hit but they're not continuing to lose health, leave em (unless they're at like 20%). Then top them off with Heals once you're sure tank will live. Or just put renew on them and occassional heal to keep the renew rolling without you having to reapply it. This requires Heal alternating between tank and dps. Only do if tank is not getting hit hard.

Make sure you use shadowfiend and HoH on every boss fight. Get good macros for these so you're not wasting time while casting them.

Aoe in general won't kill you on any of the normal fights. You have plenty of time to top off. PoH if you got mana. If not, don't bother. Keep tank alive, throw a few GHeals to carry a couple of dps through until the boss dies. Don't go crazy with aoe heals. YOu usually got time to top ppl off with heals if necessary and if another big aoe is coming. Rarely do you have to spam PoH/CoH. If you do, don't forget to switch chakra.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]