Remember how excited we were...

86 Draenei Shaman
... to hear about the new Cata healing model? Of emphasis was everyone's exuberance on how cata would "weed out the bad healer." It sure was interesting how almost every healer was excited for this.

Cata drops, hordes of people cry "Overtuned" "Broken" and "Nerf Plz kthx"

I'm going to tell you a secret: this is that weeding out process. I'm sorry if it came as a surprise to some of you. Welcome to the challenge of cata, all of you who complained about wrath's difficulty (or lack thereof) really ought to put up or shut up.
Edited by Vnko on 12/11/2010 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
I'll agree here. I absolutely love healing, but I play with good players. We just got into heroics, and once you realize that you don't necessarily have to keep people topped off, the game becomes much more fun and interesting, choosing the right time to heal and the right heal to use, rather than just spamming whatever will top people off.

If you don't like it, stick to normal dungeons until you feel comfortable. Its still early, remember.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I was excited because it sounded like it was going to be more interesting than Wrath's spamfest.

All this is is spamming a low cost, long-cast heal.

It's boring.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
12/11/2010 4:40 PMPosted by Outiluke
I was excited because it sounded like it was going to be more interesting than Wrath's spamfest.

It's boring.

You're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/11/2010 4:43 PMPosted by Vnko
12/11/2010 4:40 PMPosted by Outiluke

It's boring.

You're doing it wrong.

So I'm not supposed to keep 3xLifebloom on the tank, nourish spam, and HT on Clearcasting procs?

And not go oom?

Fo' realz?!
Reply Quote
58 Draenei Death Knight
12/11/2010 4:34 PMPosted by Vnko
... to hear about the new Cata healing model? Of emphasis was everyone's exuberance on how cata would "weed out the bad healer." It sure was interesting how almost every healer was excited for this.

Cata drops, hordes of people cry "Overtuned" "Broken" and "Nerf Plz kthx"

I'm going to tell you a secret: this is that weeding out process. I'm sorry if it came as a surprise to some of you. Welcome to the challenge of cata, all of you who complained about wrath's difficulty (or lack thereof) really ought to put up or shut up.

Wow, you are pretty stuck up. I bet you make a lot of friends. Get bent troll.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
He might be elitist, but it's true.

So I'm not supposed to keep 3xLifebloom on the tank, nourish spam, and HT on Clearcasting procs?

And not go oom?

Fo' realz?!

No Swiftmend? It's our third hot, and most efficient spell. Also, Rejuv is not a bad tank healing spell. I very very rarely use Nourish (except if LB is 3 seconds from falling and the tank still hasn't taken enough damage), otherwise cancelcasting HT.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
So the bad healers are getting weeded out? Sure. But the average healers too (who by definition are the majority). And the just above-average won't cut it either. Only the very best, the most exceptional healers will be left. Which means the great majority of players will be left to do dailies and level alts or something.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
Is it good for business to have people quit because the business model isn't fun?

I'm sure if Blizzard's 178 million a month they were getting in Wrath dries up they'll be so happy they weeded out all their player base.

For those that are stupid like this poster it's called, "bad business."

There is a large amount of space between what Cata is and what Wrath was. They could be more toward the middle of the 2.

But again the only reason Wrath got so use was we were 8 Tiers over 5 man heroics. If you go into ANY Warath heroic with the target gear which was 187 then they are hard.

I'm sure Cata heroics wll be face roll when Blizzard lets the Tiers run to high just like in Wrath.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
He's doing it right. That's the sad part.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
It's not a 'weeding out process'. That's idiotic; they just changed class concepts (druids spamming casts lol?) and a lot of people are not happy that healers now carry the group and how small mistakes by dps punish us.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/11/2010 6:31 PMPosted by Faveokatro
He might be elitist, but it's true.

And not go oom?

Fo' realz?!

No Swiftmend? It's our third hot, and most efficient spell. Also, Rejuv is not a bad tank healing spell. I very very rarely use Nourish (except if LB is 3 seconds from falling and the tank still hasn't taken enough damage), otherwise cancelcasting HT.

Regrowth costs more mana then HT. like 900 more
Reply Quote
only the very best a you 53 and a pali OP heal MUCH anyone im 85 in 333 blues a plate (green)heals gear drops trash gear and has better stats wtf is the go with that
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
12/11/2010 6:40 PMPosted by Slainee
So the bad healers are getting weeded out? Sure. But the average healers too (who by definition are the majority). And the just above-average won't cut it either. Only the very best, the most exceptional healers will be left. Which means the great majority of players will be left to do dailies and level alts or something.

This would be a problem if this were the case. However I would say that we are overreacting a bit. Check out my achievements, I certainly wouldn't place myself among the upper echelon of healers. My HM wrath could generously be described as limited. And I wouldn't say that I have this model down, its still much too early, but my runs have cleared content both in pugs and guild groups. Yet even when we do fail I can see areas that I know I could have improved upon, and note that for the next time. Most of my runs are very successful. Hit a few bosses that took wipes to figure out, but thats how it works with new content. Progress is fun. Improvement is fun. Building your skill can take as long as building your toon.
What you are seeing here is a number of people panicking as they are slow on the uptake. Things will level out for decent healers as they learn more fights and bad healers will move on to dps roles.
Edited by Vnko on 12/11/2010 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/11/2010 8:04 PMPosted by Worgenkitty
only the very best a you 53 and a pali OP heal MUCH anyone im 85 in 333 blues a plate (green)heals gear drops trash gear and has better stats wtf is the go with that

Spec into Malfurion's Gift, it helps. A lot.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/11/2010 7:20 PMPosted by Graffik
Not even a week after cata comes out and everyone is ZOMG QQ. Chill out and give the expansion a chance to evolve

"Chill out, it's just alpha"

"Chill out, it's just beta"

"Chill out, it's just the first week"

To be continued.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2010 10:04 PMPosted by Tsukiko
12/11/2010 7:20 PMPosted by Graffik
Not even a week after cata comes out and everyone is ZOMG QQ. Chill out and give the expansion a chance to evolve

"Chill out, it's just alpha"

"Chill out, it's just beta"

"Chill out, it's just the first week"

To be continued.

Healing is significantly easier on Live right now than it EVER was on Beta. Good try, though. :)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/11/2010 10:19 PMPosted by Sunarra
Healing is significantly easier on Live right now than it EVER was on Beta. Good try, though. :)

You missed my point, probably on purpose.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]