Priest healing is broken?

85 Blood Elf Priest
I'm having a lot of trouble healing even normal dungeons as a holy priest. My fast heal is too expensive, my big heal is too slow, and I go oom very, very fast. I have to drink after almost every pull, and some groups get very impatient.

I understand that Blizz wants us to put more thought into healing instead of spamming PoM and flash heal. That's fine, in a perfect world, or at least in a raid group with other people I know. But the problem with these random groups is that half the time dps is standing in aoe or stealing aggro, which makes me waste casting time and mana trying to keep them alive. And I don't have any casting time or mana to waste. With these random groups, if I dare to suggest that people not steal aggro, not stand in the fire, and not pull when I have zero mana, I'll probably get kicked for being a bad healer. I'm sure that wasn't your intent.

So for now, I'm switching to shadow. Let me know when holy priests can heal again.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110245-cataclysm_holy_priest_compendium/
thats a good read for holy healing, dont even bother with disc it is well and truly dead.
it basically says that you throw Pom on the tank, renew, chakra then spam heal. Ive tried this and it seems to work quite well. Dont Pom twice though because it can make you oom.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
I have most heroics and I can say that priest healing sux in comparison to other healers. I watch other healers do the same job on me on the same fights with with no real mana issues.

And don't spout that crap about how every priest healer that complains must be bad because I am fully aware on how to heal as a priest (obviously since I have healed these encounters) but fark, priest healing only succeeds where everything goes perfect where other healing classes can do the same encounter lolzmode in comparison.
Reply Quote
29 Human Priest
This is my time as a healer, usually I'm playing a DPS role. But what I tell myself as a healer is that my main concern is first my health then the tanks. Everyone else will have to wait if either of those two are getting low on health. In some cases you are going to have to make that decision of do you let the DPS die or do you let the tank die.

There isn't much you can do for the idiots who seem to like to standing in harms way.

I have to admit though that this my first healer and I never played the roll pre Cata. So I can't say how it compares to now. Maybe it is because I've only played lower level dungeons so far. So it will be interesting when I get to the higher levels.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/11/2010 5:13 PMPosted by Bubblobill
http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t110245-cataclysm_holy_priest_compendium/
thats a good read for holy healing, dont even bother with disc it is well and truly dead.
it basically says that you throw Pom on the tank, renew, chakra then spam heal. Ive tried this and it seems to work quite well. Dont Pom twice though because it can make you oom.

I have made all heroics as disc with a guild group without too many troubles.
The deal is that you should not hesitate to use your CDs.
shield before the fight.... shield the tank whenever possible.
Also use POH only when inner focus is up.
take flash heal off your cast bar, replace with penance.
And use Power Infusion on yourself whenver tank is at 66% health or less.
The deal with disc is that CDs are supposed to be used even when no spikes.
you could also spam heal on tank when he is not under 80% health.

I'd recommend using the DRdamage mod to know about your spells HPM so you could do an educated guess what is reasonnable to cast to regulate your regen
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
They haven't balanced healing, unfortunately:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Blackwing_Descent/hps/

Strange that they make the game very healing-dependent and then leave healers more imbalanced than they were in WOTLK.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]