Keybind 'Target Raid Member 5-9'

85 Goblin Priest
I didn't see a suggestions forum (I'm assuming it was removed) so I figured I'd post this here.

My idea is that players should be able to keybind targeting raid members 5-9 (i.e. the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th person in the raid; similar to 'Target Party Member 1-4, traditionally bound to F2, F3, F4, F5).

The main idea here is that for those players like myself that use their mouse to heal--where I literally have every heal bound to my mouse buttons (I just bought a Razer Naga)-- it would help tremendously to be able to target people without using your mouse. The reason is that while your mouse is hovering over a name on the raid UI it can't use its keybinds as they are usually used.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
bump
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I have a naga as well...

Learn Mouse over macros. that will be even bigger help.

My setup...
Vuhdo frames..
Right click is cleanse...
1-12 is heals, ALL MOUSE OVER.

PROFIT! =)
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Heres mine

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover] Healing Wave
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Then you hover your mouse over your target (frame) and press whatever of the 12 buttons is needed to heal that person.

Then you merge in table 2 with [SHIFT] and you get 12 more spells. If your tool kit is greater then 24 buttons then you merge in [CTRL] and You have 36 spells.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I don't use my keyboard for ANY of my spells. Mouse over macros don't work when you have spells bound to your mouse..while you hover over stuff all your mouse buttons (lets say a button on the left side of your mouse) acts as a regular left click
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I'm not asking you guys how to heal. I'm saying that it's dumb that the option to bind 'Target Raid Member 5-9' isn't available to accommodate all playing styles.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I have a naga... and that's how it works.

It absolutely works that way. (Been healing that way for better part of a year)

Also, I agree... that there should be an option to deal with your problem (play style). But I am trying to give you a quicker solution to help that does exist.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
The reason is that while your mouse is hovering over a name on the raid UI it can't use its keybinds as they are usually used.

The solution to this is mouseover macros.

Macro text:
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover][] Name of Spell

The above will cast at the person/mob you're mousing over if you are mousing over a valid target, and will otherwise function as a normal hotkey (using the default targeting mechanism, including auto self cast if you have it enabled).
Edited by Kaels on 12/17/2010 5:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Oh, I think I get what you're asking. You can't target your raid members at all because you have *all* possible click combinations bound to spells?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
being able to hotkey raid members 5-9 only helps in a 10 man raid, you still have to resort to clicking on your raid frames in a 25 man raid.

I would personally just go with mouseover macros and bind em to your mouse buttons, hover mouse over the person you want to heal, click the appropriate mouse button.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
12/17/2010 5:13 AMPosted by Cyrella
being able to hotkey raid members 5-9 only helps in a 10 man raid, you still have to resort to clicking on your raid frames in a 25 man raid.

I would personally just go with mouseover macros and bind em to your mouse buttons, hover mouse over the person you want to heal, click the appropriate mouse button.

Right. But, #1) who raids 25 mans anymore?; and #2) I meant this as a minimal suggestion--I don't see why it would be such a big deal for players to be able to bind 'Target Raid Member 5-24' if they really wanted to.

It would just be nice to have diversity in play styles.
Mouse over macros may be okay and even if they work with a razer naga, it is still a problem because it would then require you to be a keyboard turner. Everybody has their own play style. I turn and cast spells with my mouse. And I'd like to be able to target raid members with my keyboard. I realize that's opposite from everyone else, but it would be easy for blizzard to add 'Target Raid Member 4-9' to make it possible.
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Paladin
I also Heal this way and would like to see this.

I am going to waste half a bar on /target stuff, but that feels like a penalty for the way i play.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
You can do this with a macro.

/target raidN

where n is the nth raid member. So /target raid7 will target the 7th person in the raid.

I don't have the game on hand to test, but you may need to do /target [@raidN]. I'm not sure if /target takes unitids directly, but it probably does.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
PS Use Clique?

Just trollin' :-D
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
You can do this with a macro.

/target raidN

where n is the nth raid member. So /target raid7 will target the 7th person in the raid.

I don't have the game on hand to test, but you may need to do /target [@raidN]. I'm not sure if /target takes unitids directly, but it probably does.

Works!
I really needed it. Thx a lot
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
12/17/2010 01:36 PMPosted by Azn
Right. But, #1) who raids 25 mans anymore?;

I do. :) And so do a lot of other people.

and #2) I meant this as a minimal suggestion--I don't see why it would be such a big deal for players to be able to bind 'Target Raid Member 5-24' if they really wanted to.

It would just be nice to have diversity in play styles.
Mouse over macros may be okay and even if they work with a razer naga, it is still a problem because it would then require you to be a keyboard turner. Everybody has their own play style. I turn and cast spells with my mouse. And I'd like to be able to target raid members with my keyboard. I realize that's opposite from everyone else, but it would be easy for blizzard to add 'Target Raid Member 4-9' to make it possible.

I'm just curious, is there a reason you feel the need to target your raid members?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
coughNecrocough
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
coughNecrocough

DAMMIT, EVRY. WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME?!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]