Are people actually just spamming "Heal"...

85 Troll Druid
Sorry I missed the warning on the box that said if you don't do runs with a guild or have friends to do things with you get kicked in the bum and are SOL and have to deal with it.

Healing is broken and needs to be looked into. Content is perfect, healing no.

The point is to get gear so this 'isn't an issue'.... can't get gear if u can't complete dungeons for the valor points etc. Can't do anything with regulars because lets see, you get 70 JP for the one dailiy and nothing after that. So explain to the people who have the ilvl 333 how they excell in a game that is a set up for failure if you don't have guildies or friends to run with....

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I haven't cast Heal once. It's not even on my bar. I do use Smite/Atonement for (easy) trash and periodically on bosses that don't call for constant heavy heals. But I have yet to see a purpose for Heal; relying on it for serious amounts of healing would pin me down immobile just spamming with every GCD consumed. Waiting a bit and casting the almost-equally-efficient GHeal or Penance lets me stay mobile and alert and available to respond to emergency damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2010 12:05 AMPosted by Pocketpriest
I haven't completed a heroic yet, but...

Reply Quote
12/12/2010 4:43 AMPosted by Twîstedkìtty
Sorry I missed the warning on the box that said if you don't do runs with a guild or have friends to do things with you get kicked in the bum and are SOL and have to deal with it.

Welcome to WoW before WotLK. Hell before the new LFD tool you could get screwed if someone from your PuG really sucked or dropped group, most people couldn't be assed spending 30+ minutes trying to fill a DPS slot by spamming in Dal.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Yup, and I understand what you are saying. The fact is don't put something in the game if you plan on making it useless and screwing other people. This is WOW Cata not Vanilla Wow or BC wow. Thats the point.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 4:49 AMPosted by Addriana
12/12/2010 12:05 AMPosted by Pocketpriest
I haven't completed a heroic yet, but...

Yes thats a very insightful post. I was very upfront about what I have and have not done in the new heroics, and to be honest I did just complete one this morning and IN A PUG!!!

I won the orb at the end, was complimented on my healing, and then complimented again when I was able to come up with some ideas on how to make the fights simple (Hint: Its mostly about how to lessen damage coming into the party by avoiding... you guessed it! AVOIDABLE damage).

/flex guess these dungeons are in fact 100% doable by casuals.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 7:43 AMPosted by Dryuga
12/12/2010 12:54 AMPosted by Pocketpriest
[quote="14063083471"]I think the issue is proportion. Heal choice is still clearly part of the present design. The effect and therefore proportion of "substantive" heals compared to middle-heals is mitigated by the presence of the middle heal...which many do not find to be fun or interesting.

Note that isn't a comment about things being do-able...it's a comment about the fun derived from the process of doing. I do not discount your enjoyment, but is the presence of heal adding to, or taking away from fun in general?

I wouldn't say its taking away from my enjoyment, but its not adding much either. I do enjoy how the developers incorporated some synergy to the spell with its current affect on Chakra. Having it add to the duration of renew has saved me alot of mana over the duration of some boss fights, especially since in some cases I am able to have the same Renew rolling on the tank the entire fight (this alone saves me thousands of mana points during the encounter).

So no the spell itself isn't adding to my enjoyment, but its affects on my other spells does add to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well our heals will scale with gear, though, as I said in my original post, healing does seem to be getting easier (provided the group plays well) with each upgrade.

With just the gear I have attained over the past two days, my mana regeneration has improved, my heals are doing more, and my haste has improved.

All in all I am enjoying the new system because of the teamwork that is now needed to advance. This is an MMO after all, and we all need to work together.

So, you like the fact that the absolute worst heal in our arsenal now has synergy with Chakra? Synergy, to me, makes me want to use something. The only reason I "want" to use Heal is that I don't go OOM in 18 seconds and it has "synergy" with Chakra. That is, in my mind, forced.

I like teamwork when I can count on the team. Which pretty much eliminates LFD, because the same completely moronic **!!##%s that populated it before Cata are still there, still think their crap isn't odiferous and treats heals like a necessary but very evil. They are still chain-pulling as tanks and screaming because my GO-TO heals for crap and takes forever.

My shield lasts for fractions of a second and, in fact, is only useful insofar as when it's annihilated it has a slight heal on it.

I am NOT enjoying this.

Nothing is forced, you CAN heal however you like, you may not do so well if you don't use heal.

Heal is not our worst spell, it is an efficient and not a horribly slow (maybe compared to the spamfest that was WotLK its bad) spell that is best used to slowly top people up. Clearly you're not going to use it when theres tremendous amounts of incoming damage.

HOWEVER!!! I was able to complete one of these oh so dreaded heroics this morning, before I had my coffee, in a PuG. We were all strangers, we talked about how we might complete each fight, we marked cc for trash, we took our time, we completed the run in about an hour.

Heal is fine, the new healing system is fine. You all knew it was going to be tough at first, but HELLO!!!!! its not as bad when you get some gear!

Nobody says you're supposed to be able to rush through an instance in 10 mins. You don't even need to finish an instance to be rewarded, you get JP from each boss, and even loot!

Think of this as progression, and for those of us wiping, it is progression!

Why everyone complains and moans about something so trivial is beyond me. I am by no means a good player, but even I, by trial and error, patience, and some common sense am able to complete these dungeons, as gimped as you all seem to think we are, we're clearing content.

Need I go on?
Edited by Pocketpriest on 12/12/2010 9:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest

The point is to get gear so this 'isn't an issue'.... can't get gear if u can't complete dungeons for the valor points etc. Can't do anything with regulars because lets see, you get 70 JP for the one dailiy and nothing after that. So explain to the people who have the ilvl 333 how they excell in a game that is a set up for failure if you don't have guildies or friends to run with....

I, mediocre healer and gamer that I am, was able to PuG a heroic this morning and complete every boss in the place aswell as an achievement without wiping more than 3 times. It took us about an hour to complete.

The sky is not falling, theres nothing there to fall.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/12/2010 12:46 AMPosted by Rabel
Nobody is carrying anyone anymore, and we're all being given a chance to shine...

I beg to differ. I'm carrying the @*%@ out of these idiots in normals. I'm going to hate my random queues in 85 Heroics....

|

Just a heads-up as a fellow healadin; it's impossible to carry idiots in heroics. People either execute the mechanics properly or they die. Even in guild groups and even guildies sometimes mess up. It is just not possible to carry people in heroics anymore. On regs, to an extent it is. Heroics are a whole different ball game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 9:25 AMPosted by Kyaza
12/12/2010 12:46 AMPosted by Rabel
Nobody is carrying anyone anymore, and we're all being given a chance to shine...

I beg to differ. I'm carrying the @*%@ out of these idiots in normals. I'm going to hate my random queues in 85 Heroics....

|

Just a heads-up as a fellow healadin; it's impossible to carry idiots in heroics. People either execute the mechanics properly or they die. Even in guild groups and even guildies sometimes mess up. It is just not possible to carry people in heroics anymore. On regs, to an extent it is. Heroics are a whole different ball game.

As they should be <3

Thanks Blizz!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/12/2010 9:26 AMPosted by Pocketpriest
12/12/2010 9:25 AMPosted by Kyaza
[quote="14063583345"]

As they should be <3

Thanks Blizz!

Haha yeah. I'm loving them. Experimenting with new specs and learning to alternate cooldowns and potions to get the most efficient healing possible = win. I'm not bored healing anymore. I need more gear tho--we sorta just jumped into heroics to see if we could do them. And we can, it just takes longer than if we had ilvl333 gear.
Edited by Kyaza on 12/12/2010 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Are people actually just spamming "Heal"...

In heroics my "heal" is about 50% of my button presses. Riptide makes up another 25% with GHW, chain heal and everything else in the last 25%. It changes a bit on bosses generally away from healing wave tho.

As for heroics, I have generally found them to be almost 100% execution based. There are VERY few mechanics that you can ignore and burn like in wrath. I like this model because it makes gear less of an issue (was running them in a group with 2 people who hit 85 less than an hour before we zoned in without high enough gear to queue), but it also means stupid people can't do them. I have not ever had much faith in LFD players so I'm going to stick with guild groups. Random puggers tend to not listen to anyone.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

And if things are so broken, then how come guilds like Paragon have already moved all the way to Raid level and doing raid encounters? They've already downed several different encounters under your so-called "broken" healing system.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
You just said it, Guilds like PARAGON. Key word. GUILDS. People who are FORCED to learn things and FORCED to do things the way they are supposed to or get their head bitten off by a GUILD Master. Are completely different then some of the random people you get in LFG.

and secondly... once again you said it PARAGON. The higher end guilds who expect nothing but the best are doing the same on my server. I shouldn't be forced to become a hardcore raider and join a hardcore raiding guild so that i don't have to do anything.
If i choose not to run with a guildies that my choice. Don't punish ME for it.

85% of people who are saying healing is fine are the people who ARE running with guild mates, who DONT want to wipe so they DO; do what they are supposed to. Thats what you guys aren't getting.

Blizzard shouldn't be cattering to the people who have better chances at things then people who don't. If I'm on and no one in my guild is on and i want to be able to get new gear oh what do i have to use? LFG. Everyone is missing the point all together about all of this.

I have NEVER once in ANY of my posts asked for blizz to nerf new content etc.

All I've asked is WHY am i level 85 and still healing like im level 80?

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2010 11:53 AMPosted by Eyv

And if things are so broken, then how come guilds like Paragon have already moved all the way to Raid level and doing raid encounters? They've already downed several different encounters under your so-called "broken" healing system.

I'm not saying healing is broken although I do find the new mechanics rather bland, slow and weak will always be slow and weak, but I wouldn't bring the top .5 percent of players into anything like this discussion, although I do believe some of their members have voiced discontent as well, they are the best the players in the world they are not the norm.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/12/2010 1:11 PMPosted by Twîstedkìtty
You just said it, Guilds like PARAGON. Key word. GUILDS. People who are FORCED to learn things and FORCED to do things the way they are supposed to or get their head bitten off by a GUILD Master. Are completely different then some of the random people you get in LFG.

and secondly... once again you said it PARAGON. The higher end guilds who expect nothing but the best are doing the same on my server. I shouldn't be forced to become a hardcore raider and join a hardcore raiding guild so that i don't have to do anything.

85% of people who are saying healing is fine are the people who ARE running with guild mates, who DONT want to wipe so they DO; do what they are supposed to. Thats what you guys aren't getting.

Blizzard shouldn't be cattering to the people who have better chances at things then people who don't. If I'm on and no one in my guild is on and i want to be able to get new gear oh what do i have to use? LFG. Everyone is missing the point all together about all of this.

YOU are NOT getting it. Again and again and again.

Paragon. How about YOU asking yourself, what makes oh mighty Paragon so special? What truly makes them so different from you and I? You should know the answer within yourself. I'll be nice and spell it out for you.

Answer: Very little.

Real Answer: They are singularly focused towards end game content.

You can take any healer from Paragon and throw them into a heroic PuG, and they'll do equal or worse than the next skilled healer from joe schmoe guild. If the dps refusing to CC, even the oh mighty Paragon healer cannot save them.

See, people are you are the problem. You cry woe is me and comparing yourself as if you're putting against Tiger Woods, when the opposite is true.

Don't lie to us. You want everything to be back to the way it was, WotLK style, where you can press one heal button and snooze your way through heroics, picking up gear for free.

You're also among the very same people who complained WoTLK was TOO EASY.

"moan cry wotlk was so easy"

You make your bed, now lie on it. You wouldn't have survived even a second in days of BC heroic Shadow Labs. There is not a chance in hell that you would have completed that place, not with your mindset.

You typify a "wrath kiddie", who's been spoiled by LFD tool, who's been spoiled by easy heroics which didn't deserve the heroic name.

Get over yourself. THIS is the progression path:

normals -> heroics -> raiding

Again, don't lie to us on these forums. On one hand you say you "don't want things to be easier", and yet you say "why should I be forced to do this".

You're only feeling forced, because you can't handle it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 1:11 PMPosted by Twîstedkìtty

You're not healing like a level 80...

Level 80s were healing how they were designed to heal.

You are a level 85 now, and now you need to heal like a level 85; you need to play smart, conserve mana, plan ahead and be sure that your group is doing their part to survive. Giving a few words of encouragement or advice in RDF works wonders. All of the heroics I have completed have been in PuGs.

Healing is fine, heroics are fine. People are the problem, not the system. You and everyone else who play have been given the tools to progress, Blizzard isn't going to play for you.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm not spamming only nourish, but I do spam it really hard. I try to be casting it at all times when I'm not casting something else. But I certainly have to use some flash heals and swiftmends and whatnot, I try to be as efficient as possible while doing it though, taking advantage of my mastery and such.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]