Any Christian Guilds?

90 Human Paladin
    I am an original on this server back now after a hiatus. Looking to see if there is a Christian guild on this server anymore? If not post here if you might be interested in helping to form one. If you know of one please post that as well. Thanks.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
the cool thing about christian guilds is.....
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
Why would reasonable people form a guild?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
The last time this server had a Christian guild it collapsed under the weight of the glaring contradiction between their desires to both expand, and to limit their guild to a certain type of people.

There was a 40-page thread on it.

It was all quite riveting.

In the end I think they decided to picket soldiers' funerals instead.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
EoT, a hordeside guild, once posted a recruitment thread soliciting Christian members.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Priest
Here we go again...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What kind of Christian guild? Lets do an all Mormon guild?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
talk to Troggie or Gerse, they are extremely christian
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
oh alliance players, you make my nights so way more laughable
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
well I can see I am back on Draenor again, more sarcasm then before.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
12/16/2010 7:50 PMPosted by Rengeof

then before? Its good to see the people stupid enough to believe in fairy tales and easter bunnies are the same people who cannot figure out 3rd grade english. Not that I doubted you for a second.
Reply Quote

In the end I think they decided to picket soldiers' funerals instead.

Nice, take the crazy, evil group of people, the Westboro Baptist church and apply it to the whole Christian world.

12/13/2010 8:13 AMPosted by Picardi
What kind of Christian guild? Lets do an all Mormon guild?

Mormon's are not listed as a Christian denomination, rather its own religion. Like Judiasm or Islam.

12/16/2010 10:26 PMPosted by Farside

then before? Its good to see the people stupid enough to believe in fairy tales and easter bunnies are the same people who cannot figure out 3rd grade english. Not that I doubted you for a second.

Why do you care if we believe? Most people join guild's that have similar interest, why is it so hard to believe that some people's interest are joining a guild that they can have similar values with? Some people join mature guilds, some pure pvp, some hardcore raiding, nobody makes fun of them.

I pay my monthly fee like everyone else, who cares how I spend it, besides obviously you Farside. Don't be a hater.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin

Nice, take the crazy, evil group of people, the Westboro Baptist church and apply it to the whole Christian world.

The same way millions of christians lump all muslims into the same group because of 19 hijackers? Get off your soap box. Your religious leaders are full of too much hypocrisy for you to be allowed up there.

Mormon's are not listed as a Christian denomination, rather its own religion. Like Judiasm or Islam.

Who decided this? you? I'm pretty sure the name christian comes from the tendancy to follow christ's teaching. Since the official mormon church has jesus christ built right into the name, you are gonna have a hard sell to anyone that they aren't christians.

Why do you care if we believe?

I don't
Most people join guild's that have similar interest, why is it so hard to believe that some people's interest are joining a guild that they can have similar values with? Some people join mature guilds, some pure pvp, some hardcore raiding, nobody makes fun of them.

They most certainly do. Christians however have a knack for being made fun of. Probably because of how hypocritical and absurd they act.

I pay my monthly fee like everyone else, who cares how I spend it, besides obviously you Farside. Don't be a hater.[/quote]

That is correct. And I pay my monthly fee so I can make fun of you for being a supposed grown person and still checking under your pillow every sunday morning for money.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Ahh, I miss this server.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I think that your entire denouncement of my picketing statement is rendered moot by the fact that the last group to start a Christian guild on this server alliance side actually WAS the WBC.

Feel silly, don't you?

There are no "denominations" in christianity, much less an authoritative list of which count. As pogo said, there exists no entity with the authority to make such a list. Well, in actuality, the authority does exist, but that entity is intelligent enough to understand my first point....that denominations do not exist.

Those groups that you reference are more accurately labeled as sects. They are splinter groups that normally form when some charismatic individual professes some divinely inspired refinement of Christianity. These "refinements" generally are substantiated by nothing more than the professing cleric's winning smile.

I am not pompous enough to think that I can tell you which of these sects are really Christians, because I don't make those decisions.

This "big tent" Christian philosophy was most eloquently stated by Martin Luther....about 100 years before some cult seized his name and duct taped it onto someone else created brand of Christianity.

In spite of the ongoing slander of his name, he had it more right than pretty much any big name cleric before him or since. He didn't get it completely correct mostly because his view was tinted by the predominating prejudices of his time. Pity really.

If you are really interested in carrying out the work of Christ then you should first internalize the simple truth that 90% of everything you know about Christianity is complete and utter bs.

Step 2 is read those 200 or so direct quotes of the man as recorded by member of his posse. Don't be intimidated, it is like 10 pages.

step three is denounce everything in you branded religion that is not in one of those quotes.

Then you will be well on your way.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Parrk, you're wrong.

Wrong for posting a novel when a cosmo article would have served just as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I was quite drunk.
It pisses me off how playing a steam game pauses your steam downloads. So instead I cause trouble on boards.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
what game? and what's your steam id?

edit: civ 5 keeps me up at night :(
Edited by Ozark on 12/26/2010 11:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]