What people don't understand about healing

85 Troll Druid
While many of us are excited about the new content; the ability to down new things and get gear for our mains. We also have to look at the current healing issue. I am not going to preach about it but only going to state what the one side of it is.

We have a situation where healing is harder we go oom and sometimes people die. When you get into a random with people who are rude and do not take into consideration the chages that have been put into place its hard being attacked and kicked from groups when the situation isn't our faults.

For those of you who don't use the look for group option that others do us; please understand something more then likely when you do go into the new content you know that you have to be on your toes, use CCs, and avoid damage. Heck many of you have even looked up how fights go. But not all people are in guilds, or have that option to have a group who is mentally prepared for a instance.

While the idea of not having to carry people in these new instances is a great idea, it also makes things harder for those who ARE doing their jobs. One mistake can make the whole group wipe because healers are unable to handle the mass damage going on group wide.

Many might think that Druids have it a little harder then other classes. In my opinion this could be true based on the fact that we are a HoTs based healing class versus say a pally.

Please understand that none of us who are asking for blizz to look at this issue are asking for them to nerf the new challenges. We are asking for them to make it so we heal like we are 85 instead of 80 still.

If anyone wants the break down and understand what I mean about being a HoTs class and healing as if we are 80 instead of being 85 ill break down the exact issue.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I"m inclined to agree. I like the new challenges. WotLK was just silly. I just don't understand why blizz would have everything scale up as we level, have mobs hit a lot harder then expect healers to progress with craptacular unscaling heals.

Even soloing is excruciating at times. I can run around on my boomkin spec without mana issues, but as soon as i get into a bind and have to heal, it's over. I'm OOM, the mobs kill me and i'm running back to my body.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I can agree with this.
They increased our mana numbers while effectively lowering how many heals we can actually put out.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The problem is Blizzard wanted our heals to hit for X% of a health pool, and that X is now a lot smaller than at 80. It's what gives us more time before things become an emergency situation, and keeps away dreaded aspects of Wrath like the tank getting GCD'd.

So we could have had heals doing twice the healing, but then everyone would be running around with 200k health. Tanks would have to gain 40k health each level, which would mean running with a tank a level too low would be pretty much impossible. I definitely think it sucks getting worse as we level, but at least we can manage by just watching our mana. I see it as the better choice of two pretty bad choices. But the payoff is worth it if you think the new healing system is better than the old.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Honestly, I would agree with this if I was a pally healer and had direct healing spells that healed for a lot. And by a lot I mean compared to my HoTs you can deal with a emergency situation more so thena druid or even a priest who has to use renew etc. I'm sure pallys have their own issues atm each class does but my personal opinion is pallys have it a lot better at the moment then any other healing class. Druids probably worse off then any other because 95% of our heals are HoTs that may heal for a over all 15k... but when a take is taking way more damage then at level 80 and have more health that needs to be regained.. it makes the situation harder.

Granted I can't personally speak for any other class other then my own but based on what I have read the ratio of people who are having issues is 2:1 for every two people having an issue one person isn't.

From a druids perspective people aren't understanding the choices we have. We have healing touch which is a long casting time so if you get into a emergency situation where the tank is getting hit hard, spend two seconds using that 'emergency' heal... Either a) They are dead or b) You just hit them for 30k heal and they then just got hit by mobs or a boss for 20-30k of that heal.. So in reality you have no choice but to spawn heal things like Regrowth which is a 1.1 second cast and crits for 10k so you're techincally getting a better heal from it compared to a healing touch. We are forced to do that and we go oom because of how much a spell costs.

By All means I am not saying for blizz to give my hot the ability to heal 150k health. But only healing a tank for 10k when they have 120k health? I fail to understand how that makes any sense.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
12/12/2010 11:08 AMPosted by Twîstedkìtty
By All means I am not saying for blizz to give my hot the ability to heal 150k health. But only healing a tank for 10k when they have 120k health? I fail to understand how that makes any sense.

Your purpose is to keep us alive, not full. My Priest is 81 now, with just a few upgrades i went from 38k mana to 47k, i never cast Heal, and to date i haven't needed to drink.

Most of the time, i don't even bother healing anyone till they get to 60%. With the way my bars are set up, i can see who has aggro, who took incidental damage, and i match the right heal to the right person. The right heal being GHeal or Flash Heal. No aggro = Gheal. Aggro = Flash heal. If you have 80% hp ill drop a bubble or a renew on you.
In the end, my goal is to keep you standing. There are no degrees of success, either you kept them alive or you didn't.

A lot of people are simply not taking advantage of in combat regen mechanics. Archangel, Telluric Currents, meleeing with SoI up. The sooner you calm yourself and take a logical view of the state of your party is in the sooner you will enjoy yourself.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
A lot of people are simply not taking advantage of in combat regen mechanics. Archangel, Telluric Currents, meleeing with SoI up. The sooner you calm yourself and take a logical view of the state of your party is in the sooner you will enjoy yourself.

So explain, what is it i have im not taking advantage of? I don't have Archangle, telluric Current, or SoL. I have... Swiftmend, which... costs mana and has a CD, i have natures swiftness which... is a instant heal... but what do you do when you can't get that instance heal off again? Oh thats right the same as i explained in the previous post happens.

Level 85 Healing is 100% worse then level 80-84 healing. You'll find that out soon enough.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
12/12/2010 12:33 PMPosted by Vulf

Your purpose is to keep us alive, not full. My Priest is 81 now, with just a few upgrades i went from 38k mana to 47k, i never cast Heal, and to date i haven't needed to drink.

Most of the time, i don't even bother healing anyone till they get to 60%. With the way my bars are set up, i can see who has aggro, who took incidental damage, and i match the right heal to the right person. The right heal being GHeal or Flash Heal. No aggro = Gheal. Aggro = Flash heal. If you have 80% hp ill drop a bubble or a renew on you.
In the end, my goal is to keep you standing. There are no degrees of success, either you kept them alive or you didn't.

Trust me, things get bad at 85. All your spells will double in cost and have the same output as before, and heal will be roughly 70% of your casts during dungeons. With 65k mana I'm routinely blowing all CDs, letting minimum 1 person die, and still going oom in the last couple seconds of any boss fight. In some cases the group has to simply quit because the tank is just not geared enough he takes too much damage and I spend most of my mana flash healing trying to keep him even vaguely close to 50% hp.

I understand they're going for challenging, and I was frankly enjoying the challenge from 80-84 it's just that 85 spells double in cost with absolutely no healing increase and all of a sudden you have to learn to heal yet again. I'd be completely happy with the current healing system if we could just have the spells scale slowly across the levels, so I don't have to relearn how to heal an instance going from lvl 84 to lvl 85.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
12/12/2010 1:04 PMPosted by Bruden
85 spells double in cost with absolutely no healing increase

This here sounds like a bug. A rather unfortunate bug, but a bug nonetheless.

12/12/2010 1:04 PMPosted by Bruden
In some cases the group has to simply quit because the tank is just not geared enough he takes too much damage

This is hardly the Healers fault. If the Tank is undergeared you will always have problems. Also if the tank fails to take his anticrit talents, as i had 2 in a row in a single BRC run where they got 2 shot on Corla.

A case in point of tanks making a difference is that my first shot in Throne on this DK i was causing my healer to OOM almost every pull. And in fact every boss by 80% heals was OOM. One brutal memory is not realizing i could avoid Dark Fissure, and going to 10% hp every few seconds. Now, i avoid it completely, and even Healers in greens can breeze through with me.

A well played Tank can make or break your Mana pool. Find out whether or not your Tank is failing at his job before you blame it all on poor mechanics.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
In all honesty Vulf, you really shouldn't be posting about healing at 85 unless you have experience healing at 85. Seeing as how from 80-84 the changes aren't that drastic, its alot different than max level. The double mana cost thing isn't a bug either. The healing mechanics aren't that bad for druids in my opinion, But there definitely isn't any more variety than before.

Instead of blanketing rejuv's and wildgrowth, i'm just puttin x3 lifeblooms on the tank and spaming nourish. Rarely do i use HT, or regrowth unless clearcasting procs.

Overall, blizz will either tweak things with every healer complaining, or they will keep things the way they are which i doubt.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 1:20 PMPosted by Githany
Honestly, I would agree with this if I was a pally healer and had direct healing spells that healed for a lot. And by a lot I mean compared to my HoTs you can deal with a emergency situation more so thena druid or even a priest who has to use renew etc. I'm sure pallys have their own issues atm each class does but my personal opinion is pallys have it a lot better at the moment then any other healing class. Druids probably worse off then any other because 95% of our heals are HoTs that may heal for a over all 15k... but when a take is taking way more damage then at level 80 and have more health that needs to be regained.. it makes the situation harder.

Granted I can't personally speak for any other class other then my own but based on what I have read the ratio of people who are having issues is 2:1 for every two people having an issue one person isn't.

From a druids perspective people aren't understanding the choices we have. We have healing touch which is a long casting time so if you get into a emergency situation where the tank is getting hit hard, spend two seconds using that 'emergency' heal... Either a) They are dead or b) You just hit them for 30k heal and they then just got hit by mobs or a boss for 20-30k of that heal.. So in reality you have no choice but to spawn heal things like Regrowth which is a 1.1 second cast and crits for 10k so you're techincally getting a better heal from it compared to a healing touch. We are forced to do that and we go oom because of how much a spell costs.

Just saying, you have more tools than a Pally healer to heal with as a Druid. Druids are still the best healers in the game. Get off your anti-Paladin tirade for a minute or two. HoTs are the best heals you can put on people right now, but you can't just HoT spam and win anymore. Try using your direct, lower mana cost single target heal for a change. Combine that with a Rejuv or a couple Lifeblooms on the tank, and hit Swiftmend when you need a quick burst heal. Wild Growth when the whole party is taking damage, and Swiftmend the lowest person in any clustered group of players to give them all Efforvesence. When #@!! hits the fan, pop Tree form or Nat.Swift.+Large Heal+Swiftmend, or Tranq.

Going OOM? Don't pre-HoT everyone like you did in Wrath. Don't spend mana on frivolous heals on people at 90% HP. I guarantee that if you're going super OOM as a Druid right now, you're doing something very wrong. Not only do you bring Replenishment for yourself, but you have the largest mana pool of any healer (or you should, spec Furor in the Feral tree for 10-15% more mana depending on spec), and you still have a talent that gives you a large chunk of your mana pool back every 10 seconds, PLUS Innervate is better than any other healer's mana regen ability (Divine Plea is garbage now in comparison). Even glyphed, my DP gives back 15% mana on a 2 minute cooldown, but gives me a 50% MS debuff while I'm doing it. Your one talent that gives back something like 2% mana (or is it 1% now?) every 10 seconds has the potential to grant you the same amount of mana over two minutes as my entire regen cooldown. Then you still have Innervate...and you're the only healer that provides Replenishment in healing spec.

If anything, you should be going on about how amazing your class is compared to Paladins. Go watch some Beta videos where Druids crush Paladins in healing, save for the fights where Paladins can use Holy Radiance a lot (which got nerfed just before the expansion released, too).

Edit: Also, stop using Cloth gear. You're costing yourself 5% Intellect and just look like a tool. Even "worse" Leather gear is still going to be better overall because of the Intellect boost.

What you don't understand is i dont pre hot anyone, even in wrath i didnt do that unless i was in a raid. So that isn't even in question as to being a problem. How about you go roll a druid to 85, and see how heroics are for you.

Secondly, I'll wear whatever gear I see fit. Regardless of having 5% more int or not it doesnt change the fact that spells don't heal for anything as a druid.

Thanks for your opinion but when you play my class, and see what I'm saying maybe you'll understand.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
As I've gotten most of the heroic gear....(I know im a pally healer to and we have it a bit easier). However I'm upset that my Holy Light still only heals for 9k....while it healed for about 7k in WotLK. Divine Light...our *big heal* does 23k and at 7k and only a 70k mana pool its a bit ridiculous. Even still to put a damper on the matter secondary stats are totally nerfed out the butt. My crit is 17% and as Infusion of light only procs on a crit to reduce the time of Hly Light...its a bit ridiculous when I'm getting a proc every 4 or 5 casts of holy shock.

I just don't understand. Even with everyone doing things correctly I go OOM every boss fight and have to let at least 1 or 2 people die. Just my 2cents. I can't speak for other classes but I just figured healing scaling is a bit ****low***** for what is going on.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest

There is your reason...you're 81. Go to 85 and you'll be singing a different tune.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 3:52 AMPosted by Twîstedkìtty
While many of us are excited about the new content; the ability to down new things and get gear for our mains. We also have to look at the current healing issue. I am not going to preach about it but only going to state what the one side of it is.

We have a situation where healing is harder we go oom and sometimes people die. When you get into a random with people who are rude and do not take into consideration the chages that have been put into place its hard being attacked and kicked from groups when the situation isn't our faults.

For those of you who don't use the look for group option that others do us; please understand something more then likely when you do go into the new content you know that you have to be on your toes, use CCs, and avoid damage. Heck many of you have even looked up how fights go. But not all people are in guilds, or have that option to have a group who is mentally prepared for a instance.

While the idea of not having to carry people in these new instances is a great idea, it also makes things harder for those who ARE doing their jobs. One mistake can make the whole group wipe because healers are unable to handle the mass damage going on group wide.

Many might think that Druids have it a little harder then other classes. In my opinion this could be true based on the fact that we are a HoTs based healing class versus say a pally.

Please understand that none of us who are asking for blizz to look at this issue are asking for them to nerf the new challenges. We are asking for them to make it so we heal like we are 85 instead of 80 still.

If anyone wants the break down and understand what I mean about being a HoTs class and healing as if we are 80 instead of being 85 ill break down the exact issue.

Thanks.

That's true you guys do have it hard, but at the same time you should not be using AOE heals unless its a damage spike either. The old mentality of Rejuv x5+WG is gone, it can't be used anymore. And to be honest I'm glad it's gone, it was a terrible rotation.

The issue for Resto Druids right now is learning how to weave Nourish and become a Priest healer and use your direct heals more then your hots. Hots are useful to a point, but at the end of the day your Nourish and Healing Touch is your saving grace just like mine is Penance and Greater Heal.

No healer is being carried in the instances. You need to learn how to use Emergency Healing to your best. If you have an addon like Vuhdo or Grid that can help you a lot more as you can see the players health drop and you can react how its dropping. You can't go around just healing who ever you want anymore. Its the new style and every healer needs to adapt, which I hate to say that most are not. Hell more are crying that it's much of a radical change and they will gquit or wowquit. Yes the damage can be severe but a lot of it can be healed through, some things like Heroics on the other hand well thats a little bit too hard at the moment.

Blizzard isn't going to nerf the content. It's too new. Maybe in a month from now they might tweak it, but they won't change it. Also we won't heal like we were at 80 gone with the old, in with the new. What Blizzard *should* do is buff our spells up a bit, as Heal and Prayer of Healing for Priests is garbage.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Yeh, the OP, a druid who PURCHASED a cloth helm with his justice points.

When the BIS pre-raid leather helm is sitting right there next to it at the vendor.

So yeh... you don't get it. Not surprised.

Seriously, you got that because you think it looks cool? Nothing could be farther from the truth when people see you with it on.
Edited by Sprucelee on 12/12/2010 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Cloth or not, it works. and honestly i didnt even realize it until you just said something that it was cloth. My gear has nothing to do with how bad healing is right now in heroics unless you are with guildies. So thanks for the opinion but it doesnt matter what so ever in any type of relevence to this thread. Troll else where thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]