Healers, take a breath.

86 Human Paladin
Everything is alright! Healing is not broken. You, and your group just need to get your S&@T together, and make sure that everyone understands how the new fights work. And for the love of god, tell the DPS to stay out of the fire (theres a reason why its one of the tips on loading screens :P ).

Give yourself some time to get better gear, get the mana pools and spirit you need to heal sufficiently. It has only been 5 days. 5 friggin days! I doubt all of you have leveled to 85, and geared yourself up already.

Heroics are hardmode, if you cant heal heroics, DONT DO HEROICS. There is non-hardmodes for a reason. Go back to the regular dungeons, get some better gear, fix your style of play. Then come back.

Im tired of reading all the whining that is going on, on this forum. Its always gimme gimme gimme, just because the game is a little more difficult now, you dont want to play anymore... what is wrong with you!? The difficulty is half the fun, and is what makes completely a heroic, and keeping your team alive feel good. Isn't that why you rolled a healy in the first place?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Totally agree.
One question to QQers: What will you do then if you finish all raids and hardmodes in a few days?
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Mage
No, letting things just pan out and see how it goes is a terrible idea. If we don't speak up now, they'll assume things are fine and they get left that way.

Any suggestions for my Priest bro? I'm geared in 333 stuff, gemmed, and enchanted and I get kicked as soon as I enter a heroic before or as I'm casting my buffs.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
You get kicked because your playing with a**holes. Group with your guild. Thats what they are there for.
Reply Quote
Amen, Absolutely nothing is wrong...we don't have to speak up at this point, because we have not laid the groundwork to be successful.
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Mage
There is clearly deficiencies in the healing classes, especially priests, when you get kicked simply for your class. You can't argue that, it needs to be fixed. And no, simply not allowing people to be kicked for x minutes again is not a fix.

Fix the classes.

There was a thread in the Tanking forums a few days ago about a Prot Pally proud of himself for kicking warriors and dk's because they don't have CC.

I've been on the forums all day. I'd been playing a bunch all week but now that this kicking crap is started, logging in to the game is a sickening idea.

I'm crushed, they've destroyed my fun.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/12/2010 8:48 AMPosted by Catering
No, letting things just pan out and see how it goes is a terrible idea. If we don't speak up now, they'll assume things are fine and they get left that way.

Any suggestions for my Priest bro? I'm geared in 333 stuff, gemmed, and enchanted and I get kicked as soon as I enter a heroic before or as I'm casting my buffs.

If you are, let's see him...bro.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Healing is fine... If everyone in your group knows their class and uses CC right, you shouldn't wipe, maybe on a boss but never trash.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/12/2010 8:55 AMPosted by Emotiva
Healing is fine... If everyone in your group knows their class and uses CC right, you shouldn't wipe, maybe on a boss but never trash.

This. Friend of mine is a DK tank, and we run together. He eventually figured that I meant what I said when I stated that CC is needed, and I can't heal 4 mobs on him. Him and I now tell the DPS to CC, and he's learned to watch what he's doing.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Ever stop to think that were not the problem? And that maybe the rest of the community, Tanks and DPS, need to stop and think about what they are doing? Their minds and play style are broken due to the spam healing from WotLK. Take the time to explain to the rest of the group not to stand in fire, and how to CC, and where to run and when to jump. |

And if they are kicking you based only on your class, well I dont know what to tell you, that's not right. And they have some serious issues if they are kicking you just for that.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I agree with the OP. Healing has gotten harder not really because of the spells but because people are stuck in their old ways. Do not think heroics are faceroll everyone can take dmg fests like wotlk. One dps taking dmg at the wrong time really hurts the healer mana pool. Non tank dmg should be rare. Healers you just have to check your group for the mess ups they do. If too much dmg is going on then something is wrong with your strat and you need to change something.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Ever stop to think that were not the problem? And that maybe the rest of the community, Tanks and DPS, need to stop and think about what they are doing? Their minds and play style are broken due to the spam healing from WotLK. Take the time to explain to the rest of the group not to stand in fire, and how to CC, and where to run and when to jump.

And if they are kicking you based only on your class, well I dont know what to tell you, that's not right. And they have some serious issues if they are kicking you just for that.

I was actually typing something like that up. I don't think the majority of our problems are our fault. I think only time will remove the "Wrath faceroll mindset." Until then it will be tough for healers.

We have to vocal - not to Blizzard, but to the people in our group.
Tell them to CC.
Tell them to kill specific mobs first.
Tell them to watch threat, stay out of fire/acid/void zones etc.
Our heals are fine, provided others are doing their job.

Your job is to keep them alive, not heal stupid.
Edited by Surdra on 12/12/2010 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Started heroics as a healer after gearing for tanking.

Had to drink twice because I flash of light spammed the star groups.

Never had one problem with the terrible gear you see on me. Not one wipe. Was at nearly full/full after each fight.

Group was only equipped to cc one thing per pack.
Edited by Sassymcgee on 12/12/2010 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Mage
12/12/2010 9:00 AMPosted by Syntackz
Ever stop to think that were not the problem? And that maybe the rest of the community, Tanks and DPS, need to stop and think about what they are doing? Their minds and play style are broken due to the spam healing from WotLK.

Absolutely, but Blizzard isn't saying much to people. I mean it's always been true that strategies have been on us to figure out, rotations, playstyles have been the game of theorycrafters and then the first practicing users and many are generous enough to share.

Blizzard isn't telling people that the game is harder, healers are fail if they can't keep people up. The commercial with deathwing announcing the december 7th release certainly didn't tell them they couldn't just hope on mine and the tank's shoulders and take a ride.

Take the time to explain to the rest of the group not to stand in fire, and how to CC, and where to run and when to jump.

I forgot people are patient and listen to things, my bad.

This is mostly right, but it's not them, it's the mechanics themselves. Seriously something needs tweaked. People say Heroics are hardmode, and yeah, sure, that's true *BUT* why can every other class queue for these hardmodes and get to play but I get kicked for being my class.

The commercial should have said a lot more. lol.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
Hey Catering, you've posted three times now, and have yet to post on this healer of yours.

Let's see him. Cuz otherwise you're a troll, and I'm reporting you as such.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
ROFL! People there is a thread showing the latest metrics. Before you spit out ignorance, take a peek.

Just to give you a quick summary, paladins are pumping out about forty to fifty percent more hps than everyone else.

So if you get nerfed by that amount, had your mana costs increased and your spells given longer cast times... would healers still be okay with you?

Sigh.

We should be coming together as a community, but instead we have people who are not 84/85 in the only class that metrically seems to be hold their own telling us to L2P.

W/E.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/12/2010 9:10 AMPosted by Marcusbnaud
ROFL! People there is a thread showing the latest metrics. Before you spit out ignorance, take a peek.

Just to give you a quick summary, paladins are pumping out about forty to fifty percent more hps than everyone else.

So if you get nerfed by that amount, had your mana costs increased and your spells given longer cast times... would healers still be okay with you?

Sigh.

We should be coming together as a community, but instead we have people who are not 84/85 in the only class that metrically seems to be hold their own telling us to L2P.

W/E.

Mr. Marcusbnaud, what you've just posted... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
12/12/2010 9:10 AMPosted by Marcusbnaud

Sigh.

W/E.

TL;DR
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Mage
12/12/2010 9:10 AMPosted by Surdra
Hey Catering, you've posted three times now, and have yet to post on this healer of yours.

Let's see him. Cuz otherwise you're a troll, and I'm reporting you as such.

I was posting on him til a few days ago, but I got harrassed on my own server by 3 level 1 alts. Please forgive me but I'll stay on my little alt.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Sassy, Just an fyi, Vortex Pinnacle is supposed to be one of the easier heroics.

For me, my mana regen issues are mostly gear--we need a load of combat regen--because my guild has been doing heroics basically straight out of questing. We're still clearing content, it's just harder to do that way.

It would be nice if people other than resto druids who have really learned what they need to do for each class would post a "this method of healing works for me" kind of thread because it's beneficial to everyone. I'm still experimenting with specs but not having too many issues (except when dps are being tards)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]