Healers, take a breath.

86 Human Paladin
Just so you know, I am leveling a priest right now, I am really curious what all this stink is about. level 48 so far. Not that it really makes a difference at this level, but Priest healing is fun :D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 8:48 AMPosted by Catering
No, letting things just pan out and see how it goes is a terrible idea. If we don't speak up now, they'll assume things are fine and they get left that way.

Any suggestions for my Priest bro? I'm geared in 333 stuff, gemmed, and enchanted and I get kicked as soon as I enter a heroic before or as I'm casting my buffs.

Thats a problem with the people who play this game, not a problem with the content of the game.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/12/2010 9:15 AMPosted by Catering
12/12/2010 9:10 AMPosted by Surdra
Hey Catering, you've posted three times now, and have yet to post on this healer of yours.

Let's see him. Cuz otherwise you're a troll, and I'm reporting you as such.

I was posting on him til a few days ago, but I got harrassed on my own server by 3 level 1 alts. Please forgive me but I'll stay on my little alt.

I have no intention of bothering you in game... but I also don't believe a single word you say until I actually see you post on a healer.

I know you don't care, but I'll continue to down rate/report you for trolling until you put your money where your mouth is. If you don't have the fortitude to take criticism, or don't know how to use the ignore button, then don't post.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 9:17 AMPosted by Syntackz
Just so you know, I am leveling a priest right now, I am really curious what all this stink is about. level 48 so far. Not that it really makes a difference at this level, but Priest healing is fun :D

Priests are perfectly viable in heroics. I have completed multiple heroic bosses as well as a PuG completion of a heroic this morning.

We may not be as efficient as other healers, or have their throughput, but thanks to triage healing, we are perfectly fine, and its in my opinion that the other healing classes should be brought on par with us...

The druids seem to be very upset about everything right now... thing is druids are even more capable than myself... and I am viable!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/12/2010 9:20 AMPosted by Pocketpriest
12/12/2010 9:17 AMPosted by Syntackz

Priests are perfectly viable in heroics. I have completed multiple heroic bosses as well as a PuG completion of a heroic this morning.

We may not be as efficient as other healers, or have their throughput, but thanks to triage healing, we are perfectly fine, and its in my opinion that the other healing classes should be brought on par with us...

The druids seem to be very upset about everything right now... thing is druids are even more capable than myself... and I am viable!

Oh listen to you and your optimism, experience and common sense...don't you know this is the healer forums?! We're supposed to QQ about how hard it is until everything is nerfed than QQ more that we are bored to death.

Don't you know anything?
Reply Quote
16 Blood Elf Mage
Surdra, I don't get the personal attack against me. Sure I could be lying, but I'm not. Even if you saw my priest, I could be lying about the conditions of kicks, but I am not.

You're probably a nice person and you probably wouldn't troll me but others may and it helped to take a lot of fun out of the game. Yes I ignored them, but it didn't stop me from reading the first few words of the first tells. Might have been the same guy, might of been different people. I didn't care to find out.

I'm hardly the only person reporting that I'm getting kicked for being a priest. You're not 85 yet, maybe you'll see my pov at 85 or maybe you won't. Either way good luck with great groups.

I have had great groups where several pulls are cc'd and shadowpriests hymn to help my mana and boomkins pop form and heal a little bit of their own mistake.

Most groups aren't like that.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
everyone should recognize that the new mechanics are forcing all the players to not just be good but perfect. means no texting while playing etc etc, but thats not the issue, the issue is heals are getting flamed in every group, in every dungeon, healing is the hardest class to play now if not always, but to get dumped on too? SEEEYAA!!!!
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
Alright, this thread wasnt really meant to flame anyone. Just made it so some healers would take a read, and maybe stop to think about what they are doing wrong, and what their groups are doing wrong. Im sorry to you catering that you may feel a personal attack going on. I couldnt care less if you were lying or not, there are 100 priests expressing the same distress you are.

Thats besides the point though. The point like I said above was to heave ALL healers, Druids, Shamans, Paladins, Priests, (band-aid rogues?) take a second to talk to their groups, discuss what is actually going wrong, and try to explain to them how healing is supposed to work now, and that it takes a group effort to do group content.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 9:24 AMPosted by Catering
Surdra, I don't get the personal attack against me. Sure I could be lying, but I'm not. Even if you saw my priest, I could be lying about the conditions of kicks, but I am not.

You're probably a nice person and you probably wouldn't troll me but others may and it helped to take a lot of fun out of the game. Yes I ignored them, but it didn't stop me from reading the first few words of the first tells. Might have been the same guy, might of been different people. I didn't care to find out.

I'm hardly the only person reporting that I'm getting kicked for being a priest. You're not 85 yet, maybe you'll see my pov at 85 or maybe you won't. Either way good luck with great groups.

I have had great groups where several pulls are cc'd and shadowpriests hymn to help my mana and boomkins pop form and heal a little bit of their own mistake.

But if heroics and healing stays the way it is, more and more groups WILL be like that.

Blizzard is fixing WoW and healing. Its a great day to be a priest.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 9:28 AMPosted by Syntackz
Alright, this thread wasnt really meant to flame anyone. Just made it so some healers would take a read, and maybe stop to think about what they are doing wrong, and what their groups are doing wrong. Im sorry to you catering that you may feel a personal attack going on. I couldnt care less if you were lying or not, there are 100 priests expressing the same distress you are.

Thats besides the point though. The point like I said above was to heave ALL healers, Druids, Shamans, Paladins, Priests, (band-aid rogues?) take a second to talk to their groups, discuss what is actually going wrong, and try to explain to them how healing is supposed to work now, and that it takes a group effort to do group content.

Most groups are very open to suggestions. They will try to cc, they will try to avoid taking damage. Communication is the first step you take towards clearing a dungeon.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/12/2010 9:27 AMPosted by Nohealsforu
everyone should recognize that the new mechanics are forcing all the players to not just be good but perfect. means no texting while playing etc etc, but thats not the issue, the issue is heals are getting flamed in every group, in every dungeon, healing is the hardest class to play now if not always, but to get dumped on too? SEEEYAA!!!!

Get a thicker skin.
Tell the group what they are doing wrong.
Run only with your guild and make sure to use Vent.

Look three different ideas that don't require dumbing down the game.

I plan on hitting 85 tonight (or maybe tomorrow, got a final in the morning). As of yet I have yet to be kicked from any groups I have been in. I have bailed on one so far.

If you get kicked, so what? Requeue. There are millions of players who queue, and you admit that you have had your share of good groups. Don't let what a few asshats have done ruin the game for you, or for the rest of us.

As I stated above:
Get a thicker skin.
Tell the group what they are doing wrong.
Run only with your guild and make sure to use Vent.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Mr. Marcusbnaud, what you've just posted... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Been a long night:

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_the_4_Winds/hps/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Blackwing_Descent/hps/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Bastion_of_Twilight/hps/

Take a peek and become enlightened.

Don't you just hate it when the ignorant think it is YOU that is mentally challenged?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/12/2010 9:43 AMPosted by Marcusbnaud
Mr. Marcusbnaud, what you've just posted... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Been a long night:

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_the_4_Winds/hps/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Blackwing_Descent/hps/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Bastion_of_Twilight/hps/

Take a peek and become enlightened.

Don't you just hate it when the ignorant think it is YOU that is mentally challenged?

So what you're saying is....nerf paladins?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 9:00 AMPosted by Syntackz
Ever stop to think that were not the problem? And that maybe the rest of the community, Tanks and DPS, need to stop and think about what they are doing? Their minds and play style are broken due to the spam healing from WotLK. Take the time to explain to the rest of the group not to stand in fire, and how to CC, and where to run and when to jump. |

And if they are kicking you based only on your class, well I dont know what to tell you, that's not right. And they have some serious issues if they are kicking you just for that.

Again, if you look at the metrics, the ability to complete an heroic instance is improved significantly depending on the healing class you get. While it is loathsome that this leads to unwarranted kicks, can you blame them? I don't.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/12/2010 9:47 AMPosted by Marcusbnaud
12/12/2010 9:00 AMPosted by Syntackz
Ever stop to think that were not the problem? And that maybe the rest of the community, Tanks and DPS, need to stop and think about what they are doing? Their minds and play style are broken due to the spam healing from WotLK. Take the time to explain to the rest of the group not to stand in fire, and how to CC, and where to run and when to jump. |

And if they are kicking you based only on your class, well I dont know what to tell you, that's not right. And they have some serious issues if they are kicking you just for that.

Again, if you look at the metrics, the ability to complete an heroic instance is improved significantly depending on the healing class you get. While it is loathsome that this leads to unwarranted kicks, can you blame them? I don't.

This thread was started to tell healers to relax, and that it's not the end of the world. Some level 16 troll turned it into a "I'm being kicked for being a priest" thread. If you want to discuss the issue of Paladin healing (and looks like some Druids are up there too) compared to Shammys and Priests, make your own thread.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 9:46 AMPosted by Surdra

No.

I simply asked if your opinion would change if they were nerfed to the level of every other healing class? Seriously, would you be willing to sling around L2P so freely if your class wasn't heads and shoulders above their contemporaries?

Instead of stroking our egos, how about we recognize that there are issues with the current healing mechanics and work together to get that rectified? Or is ego stroking more fun for you?
Reply Quote
12/12/2010 9:20 AMPosted by Pocketpriest

Amen! i wish every healer had your mind set -.-
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
12/12/2010 9:51 AMPosted by Marcusbnaud

No.

I simply asked if your opinion would change if they were nerfed to the level of every other healing class? Seriously, would you be willing to sling around L2P so freely if your class wasn't heads and shoulders above their contemporaries?

Instead of stroking our egos, how about we recognize that there are issues with the current healing mechanics and work together to get that rectified? Or is ego stroking more fun for you?

IMHO Pallies have always been the best healers, and always will be. From Vanilla to Cata.
Should have rolled a Healadin.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This thread was started to tell healers to relax, and that it's not the end of the world. Some level 16 troll turned it into a "I'm being kicked for being a priest" thread. If you want to discuss the issue of Paladin healing (and looks like some Druids are up there too) compared to Shammys and Priests, make your own thread.

So far my posts have been polite, on target, and I have provided material that supports my point of view. Just because it invalidates your premise does not make my posts out of line with the thread. Perhaps, as I stated earlier, you should research your position prior to posting?

Peace.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
12/12/2010 9:51 AMPosted by Marcusbnaud

No.

First of all, I am a priest - which is on the bottom of these logs you like to sling around. I'm not stroking my ego, in fact I am telling people of all healing stripes to take a chill pill.

If you're in reference to the OP, he's not even 85, and I highly doubt he's looking at logs, giggling to himself and saying "L2P."

And what exactly would like to change about healing? Intellect to SP ratio? Mana regen? Healing coefficients? All I see on this forum are "QQ healing sucks" or "QQ I'm getting kicked" or "QQ I am going OOM."

If you want people to work together, why don't you put down the logs, start a new thread and make it constructive where you have folks detail their specific problems.

Blizzard works better with constructive, sane posts than meter tossing, crying or anything else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]