Healers, take a breath.

86 Human Paladin
12/12/2010 1:32 PMPosted by Antheo
Instant ques because alot of crappy healers quit? dps and tanks that gleefully cc for me, dont stand in fire, actually talk in party chat if we wipe to discuss how to beat the encounter? I'm already seeing changes in lfg, a slowly developing united front against bads. Christmas came early and it's everything I wanted :)

Ive noticed this to. I wish I wasnt so busy with work and exams this week. I would really like to get my pally to 85 and continue leveling my priest. I've loved everything Cata has brought to the table so far. Healing styles, and dungeons that actually require group effort included. The whole part of this gaming being a MMO is to bring people together to work as a unit to complete tasks. :)
Reply Quote
27 Troll Hunter
No one said healing was broken.

They said it's not fun.

Reply Quote
12/12/2010 1:18 PMPosted by Mhekaru
I don't know... the thought that someone didn't CC a mob as being the cause of being unable to complete a simple 5 man dungeon seems a wee bit absurd. Surely this isn't the case.. is it??

It was the case with a lot of BC content. It's about time we went back to those days TBH. People cant mash keys and expect to get geared anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 2:06 PMPosted by Cazbrez
No one said healing was broken.
They said it's not fun.

I didn't find circle, pom, renew, renew, renew or pws, pws, pws, pws, pws, ... fun at all. I am very grateful they have died a horrible death, and should be extinct forever if Elune has any sway at Blizzard HQ.

I am concerned that palis seem to be coming out a little OP after all. I have a repulsive dwarf 80 pali ready to level if need be, but I'd really hoped to be able to tank heal competitively on my main. If palis stay OP, then content will be tuned to their output, and tank damage will eventually outstrip what any one else can sustain. I won't be waiting around for NRB to make it painfully obvious this time.

Other than that concern though, the new mechanics and style are a riot, I love having lots of different possibilities available to solve any particular healing riddle.

As to whether LFD randoms are kicking people for just being a particular class at zone-in. If they don't like priests, I'd rather they kick me to begin with, rather than having to read a party chat box full of inane drivel. Any instance I *want* completed, I'll complete in-guild; LFD is for lolz... ie, got to assign a hunter a nice repair bill today for standing in bad. made me very happy.. (never been kicked yet though...)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 1:41 PMPosted by Syntackz
12/12/2010 1:32 PMPosted by Antheo
Instant ques because alot of crappy healers quit? dps and tanks that gleefully cc for me, dont stand in fire, actually talk in party chat if we wipe to discuss how to beat the encounter? I'm already seeing changes in lfg, a slowly developing united front against bads. Christmas came early and it's everything I wanted :)

Ive noticed this to. I wish I wasnt so busy with work and exams this week. I would really like to get my pally to 85 and continue leveling my priest. I've loved everything Cata has brought to the table so far. Healing styles, and dungeons that actually require group effort included. The whole part of this gaming being a MMO is to bring people together to work as a unit to complete tasks. :)

I feel the same way. And ppl are having a lot of fun. Besides this 83 druid i have an 83 mage. Healing is more challenging and fun than play my dps spec or mage. instead of attacking one target at a time. I'm healing atleast 5. throughout the fight. I'm sorry but if you werent in a raid or in pvp, healing in wrath was such a bore.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
The difficulty gap between 84-85 dungeons and heroics is too high. They should have made the gear from the last dungeons a half tier behind heroics so the transition was easier. They changed the game dramatically for all classes, but the burden of explaining the changes gets dumped on the healers because everyone got accustomed to healing heroics.

Priests are underpowered compared to the other classes in terms of output, regen and efficiency but that's another issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]