Anyone else getting tired of the pally hate?

85 Draenei Paladin
All the other healing classes are complaining and saying "oh you're a pally you don't know what it's like for us going oom all the time."

But the truth of the matter is that we do. Sure we're nuke healers--we always *have* been. But our beacon only transfers 50 percent of the healing over and our aoe heals are pretty much complete crap.

We're still going oom just as often as other healers (this is intended for those who are doing heroics before being heroically geared, just as a quick fyi). You have aoe heals that heal everyone. We don't, so our holy light is basically the only way we can get people up. And it heals for the same amount as nourish (according to my resto druid buddy).

I'm so sick and tired of people saying "Pallies got the better healing stick" because it's simply not true.

If you've healed with a pally, you know how much has changed with watching procs and stacking holy power.

All I have to say to the other healing classes out there: Stop blaming the pallies and start respeccing and experimenting and using all your cooldowns and consumables until you figure out one that gives you better regen.

Start playing smart and stop qqing about pallies. We have it just as rough but you don't see us complaining as much as the rest of you because we've always had the harder healing job with no good aoe spells in our arsenal and adapt a little more quickly.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Oh this should be good.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Do you have a paladin that you heal heroics with? Unless and until you do, don't talk to me about healing on a pally.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Right now, Pallies are dominating the top of the chart, so expect to see a lot of hate until that changes.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Pallies have always dominated with thorough-put healing however because we were designed to have the strongest single target heals in the game. That's our niche and always will be from what I'm seeing with holy radiance and light of dawn.

Other healers are aoe healers/raid healers. Minus disc priests of course.

From what I can see and what I've actually heard talked about by all the people I play with and the top guilds on my server, all classes are having an equivalently difficult time with healing. Doesn't matter the class.

And it makes me angry as well when I hear ppl say "pallies are op, so this guildie needs to lvl his healadin and come carry our other healers" b/c it's rude to the other healers to say things like that to. Especially when it's not true in effect (just apparently in everyone's head simply b/c we do stronger single target heals)

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_the_4_Winds/hps/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Blackwing_Descent/hps/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Bastion_of_Twilight/hps/

Seriously, we have no hate for our paladin friends. But as you can see by the logs, healadins are substantially out healing pretty much everyone by a substantial margin. Do I think you guys should be nerfed? Healz NO! But I also don't want a pally telling me that healing is fine and that I should L2Play.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Ill give u one reason your seeing alot of pally hate "beacon of light".
Its a 5 minute buff now and gives u a free 50% spell cast basically. Before the hate incoming please take note I am not hating on pallys , in fact im glad theres a healing class in cata that is able to complete heroics , because as it stands priest druid shaman are not getting the job done due to major mana issues that arent being addressed.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
You're forgetting that you have your cone heal. I think the reason there is so much hate is you get alot of free heals and use your entire toolbox unlike some classes *cough holy priests cough* can only use a few because of the mana costs.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I will say that druids need to be buffed. That's the only concession I'll make. And I know plenty of priests and shamans who are having no issues with heroics.

Druids seem to be have gotten the brunt of it and I feel bad for my resto buddy (who is the best healer I *know* who hates himself right now b/c "I can't keep people alive, I'm such a bad healer now")

And beacon isn't as useful as you think it is. It's nice yeah, but 50 percent of a holy light is only 5k. 50 percent of a divine light is only 12k (if it doesn't crit).

But I'm saying pallies are having just as many problems as the rest of the classes, but in other ways. Like learning how to play one again--everything is completely different with the holy power system implementation.

Beacon was only OP when it was 100 percent healing xferred.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Carberus, I use my conal heal but there are so many fights were everyone has to spread out that it makes it harder to use it b/c ppl are behind me and to the side and never in front of me b/c I have to reposition as well. It's nice but it's not like a wild growth or a prayer of healing.

And those 'free heals' people keep complaining about don't heal for as much as other healers seem to assume. Wog maybe crits for 10k. Light of dawn I haven't really looked at the numbers for.

And you can't tell me you can't use all your cds--if I can use hand of sacrifice, avenging wrath, divine favor, divine protection, etc etc. There's no reason you can't pull out all your cds that increase your healing thoroughput as well.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I'm not saying the cone was easy to use with pugs. Guildies it might be easier. The point I was trying to make is some people see "free heals"and you get "omfg u r op lawlzer" They may not be strong but you cannot alos say that every little bit counts. and wog is also effect by the becon making it 15K total on a crit? I still agree the the hate is misplaced.

oh and you're healing for 10k with holy light? i only get 7k >.<
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 11:07 AMPosted by Kyaza
But I'm saying pallies are having just as many problems as the rest of the classes, but in other ways. Like learning how to play one again--everything is completely different with the holy power system implementation.

QFT

People need to realize that while Healadins are topping the charts, the are still a broken class. Perhaps not as badly broken as others, but still could use some love.

Just to point our similar pains, who here thinks out of combat mana regen could use some serious love? It would be nice if we didnt have to do it at all, but since that is a dream of another expansion, could we at least find some middle ground and speed it the hell up? Just saying....

Peace!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Cerberus, 10k when it crits. normally around 8k to 9k non-crit. But I'm also specced into conviction for the 3% increase to crit which helps.

And marcus, less worried about the out of combat regen than the in-combat regen. They made us freakin raid bosses with our hp and mana and our stats right now are still about the same as at 80 (which I think is why we're all having mana issues). We need like 6-7k of all our important stats. It's kinda ridiculously high.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bring water?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 11:22 AMPosted by Kyaza
And marcus, less worried about the out of combat regen than the in-combat regen. They made us freakin raid bosses with our hp and mana and our stats right now are still about the same as at 80 (which I think is why we're all having mana issues). We need like 6-7k of all our important stats. It's kinda ridiculously high.

I was trying to be humorous and find some common ground by suggesting we speed up the down time between fights by improving OOC mana regen (yes, we all bring water - duh). As for mana regeneration in combat, that is a given, and already beaten to death.

Personally, I don't care if I am close to oom every fight, but going oom and not seeing the tanks health bar move (or anyone elses) is a bit disappointing....

Peace.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 11:00 AMPosted by Marcusbnaud
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_the_4_Winds/hps/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Blackwing_Descent/hps/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Bastion_of_Twilight/hps/

Seriously, we have no hate for our paladin friends. But as you can see by the logs, healadins are substantially out healing pretty much everyone by a substantial margin. Do I think you guys should be nerfed? Healz NO! But I also don't want a pally telling me that healing is fine and that I should L2Play.

That's not substantial. All the healing classes are represented on the top 10. That's a lot better than the balance we had in wrath, where Holy Priests for example were completely nonexistent on the top 10 healing scoreboards. Everyone seemed to think things were fine back then, so I don't see how things are any worse now.

Although Paladins are now pretty good at melee healing, they still have very limited tools for ranged raid healing. If Paladins are going to be nerf'd then they need to be compensated with better raid healing. Paladins have the same problem they had in Wrath. OP in one area of Healing, and useless in another.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]