Anyone else getting tired of the pally hate?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
when 4.0.3 hits. healing and pallies were changed the most. the truth is pally healers have much more "getting use to" than other healer.

We may have the better design, then again, we may not. It is still too early to judge on the overall rating of healers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Omg, priests arent the best healers anymore? NERF DEM PALLIEZ AND THE SHAPESHIFTERZ!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
The only thing about palis I hate is that if they stay far and away above everyone else, content will be tuned to their maximum output, and I will have to heal on my pali, whom I find repulsive.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
LOL. There are 96 healers listed 73 are Paladins. That's pretty substantial.

Wish I had leveled my pali first, instead. :(

Doin that now and by the gods is healin instances 100x easier.

Just sayin.
Edited by Flowers on 12/12/2010 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
12/12/2010 5:47 PMPosted by Enragedclown
12/12/2010 11:07 AMPosted by Kyaza
I will say that druids need to be buffed

Absolutely not.

I am already snoring through heroics.

I still need gear but I'm having less and less mana issues as time goes by and I adjust better to the mechanics. But I do have to ask what exactly you are doing to compensate for the mana regen problems because I have a few resto druid buddies that just cannot seem to figure out what they're doing wrong.

I'd love to hear your advice on this.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 10:55 AMPosted by Kyaza
Pallies have always dominated with thorough-put healing however because we were designed to have the strongest single target heals in the game. That's our niche and always will be from what I'm seeing with holy radiance and light of dawn.

Other healers are aoe healers/raid healers. Minus disc priests of course.

see that's the thing, they aren't all raid healers.

the priest class was turned into a holy paladin, only without the beacon.

yes, minus disc priests. disc was turned into "not a viable spec".
Edited by Xayd on 12/12/2010 11:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/12/2010 5:44 PMPosted by Ermic
Omg, priests arent the best healers anymore? NERF DEM PALLIEZ AND THE SHAPESHIFTERZ!

we dont ask blizzard to nerf them, but be fair, if you able to heal through heroic easily, priest should be able to. if you want to feel how it like to be a priest, do not put any point in the following talents, you will see how the priest are healing right now: beacon of light, Protector of the innocent, enlightened judgement. all of these talents give u free heals at no cost. this is why paladin does not have mana problem because you only need to heal the 3 target of your choice (beacon the tank/dps and free heal to yourself with those 2 above talents) while priest has to spend mana on 5 targets with a stupid RNG proc of flash heal, i not even including your free holy power bar so please respect the priest class if you don't know wtf are you talking about

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2010 11:38 AMPosted by Highbeams
12/12/2010 11:00 AMPosted by Marcusbnaud
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Throne_of_the_4_Winds/hps/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Blackwing_Descent/hps/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Bastion_of_Twilight/hps/

Seriously, we have no hate for our paladin friends. But as you can see by the logs, healadins are substantially out healing pretty much everyone by a substantial margin. Do I think you guys should be nerfed? Healz NO! But I also don't want a pally telling me that healing is fine and that I should L2Play.

That's not substantial. All the healing classes are represented on the top 10. That's a lot better than the balance we had in wrath, where Holy Priests for example were completely nonexistent on the top 10 healing scoreboards. Everyone seemed to think things were fine back then, so I don't see how things are any worse now.

Although Paladins are now pretty good at melee healing, they still have very limited tools for ranged raid healing. If Paladins are going to be nerf'd then they need to be compensated with better raid healing. Paladins have the same problem they had in Wrath. OP in one area of Healing, and useless in another.

Holy priests are nonexistent on these too. There are only a very few disc priests, and only on a couple of fights.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/13/2010 12:15 AMPosted by Tieunhu
12/12/2010 5:44 PMPosted by Ermic

we dont ask blizzard to nerf them, but be fair, if you able to heal through heroic easily, priest should be able to. if you want to feel how it like to be a priest, do not put any point in the following talents, you will see how the priest are healing right now: beacon of light, Protector of the innocent, enlightened judgement. all of these talents give u free heals at no cost. this is why paladin does not have mana problem because you only need to heal the 3 target of your choice (beacon the tank/dps and free heal to yourself with those 2 above talents) while priest has to spend mana on 5 targets with a stupid RNG proc of flash heal, i not even including your free holy power bar so please respect the priest class if you don't know wtf are you talking about

exactly, i was rather upset when they turned disc from a tank healer into a raid healer in wrath, but they designed content around the new playstyle so it worked ok. toward the end of the expansion, i actually enjoyed it, and some of the encounters like firefighter and algalon and the lich king were pretty well designed for the disc raid healing niche.

but whoever wrote the guidelines for the class must've gotten fired sometime between then and now, because as of now the class is nothing more than a paladin without the procs and beacon.

at least the other healing specs are playable, albeit worse off than they were before. disc is barely viable in a 5 man heroic, nevermind anything beyond that.
Edited by Xayd on 12/13/2010 1:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
12/12/2010 2:35 PMPosted by Cherrileigh
12/12/2010 11:38 AMPosted by Highbeams
That's not substantial. All the healing classes are represented on the top 10.

LOL. There are 96 healers listed 73 are Paladins. That's pretty substantial.

rofl I know right? some people don't believe in the truth even when you slap them across the face with it. or maybe they just don't want to believe it..
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Maybe other healers are grumpy because Pally's got a ton of new tools.

You want to know what Resto druids got? Tree form was taken away, now it is a 40s duration 3min cooldown.

No new spells, no new mechanics, nadda.

While I think healing is tuned well atm, I'm still put off that Resto druids got absolutely NO new toys to play with, while all the other healers at least got some.
Reply Quote
84 Human Priest
12/12/2010 2:44 PMPosted by Citycircuit
when 4.0.3 hits. healing and pallies were changed the most. the truth is pally healers have much more "getting use to" than other healer.

We may have the better design, then again, we may not. It is still too early to judge on the overall rating of healers.
I don't get it. The response to evidence that Paladins are already outperforming other healers is that paladins are still struggling to learn their class? ... so in time, they'll merely widen that gap they lead by even more? How is that supposed to be comforting?

73/96 top healers is pretty substantial. You can expect plenty of hate from that alone, but add in the fact that every healer is struggling more than ever (by design), and of course you'll be a lightning rod. Claiming it is fine or balanced is seen as the stupid denial that it is; instead discuss what should change (paladins? other healers? the content?) and admit that currently, you do have it slightly better than others. There's nothing wrong with that--it's not even your fault.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't mean to add my share of jhizz to the congealing mess pool that is this thread....But I have a Holy pally at 85 and a Resto Druid at 85. Healing on the pally is much much easier than healing on my druid. My Druid is actually better geared than my pally as well.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
All I have to say is /flex for the holy, and /cry for the ret.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/13/2010 1:42 AMPosted by Rawblin
Maybe other healers are grumpy because Pally's got a ton of new tools.

You want to know what Resto druids got? Tree form was taken away, now it is a 40s duration 3min cooldown.

No new spells, no new mechanics, nadda.

While I think healing is tuned well atm, I'm still put off that Resto druids got absolutely NO new toys to play with, while all the other healers at least got some.

not all. disc got worse than you got.

imagine if they took the hots away and told you to be a healing touch spammer.

that's basically what happened to disc.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
All healers are broken in the ways of heals not getting higher, costing more mana, and running us oom more quickly. Paladins can't regen mana unless they sacrifice 50% of their healing in combat. I personally hope for shammies in my groups so that I can hump their mana totem.

Anyway, Paladins aren't doing better than you because they aren't broken. The fact of the matter is, we got two spells that are geared towards healing.

We are also making it by the skin of our teeth, but we're doing more healing because of our guardians, who happen to overheal the everloving #!%! out of everything, and they'll take that last bit of mana that we scrubbed out of the bottom of the barrel that we could just hardly put towards our long-as-hell holy light which heals for about 10k if the gods are smiling down on us, and it turns that heal into a 20k.

Therefore, EVERYONE IS BROKEN. OUR HEALS SUCK. WE HAVE NO MANA EVEEERRRR.

But, we didn't get stupid little magical mushrooms like druids. We didn't get a PvP viable 'life grip' like priests. And we don't have PvP viable ability to move and cast. We got a + to our healing. That's why.
Edited by Ambria on 12/13/2010 2:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Agree with the post, im a hpally and its hard to heal a heroic.... you need to start casting right off the bat for hpower to be effective, if you spam divine light its game over for mana.... holy shock is pathetic and holy light heals for too little, i honestly dont see how hpallies are OP o.o
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I kinda saw this coming when paladins FINALLY got a aoe heal, everyones gonna want to drink the beacon of light coolaid now :s.

Haven't leveld another 85 yet, but my guildie shaman and druid say they have a awesome time healing even though the new shaman healing spell is hard to use in pugs sometimes.

If any healer seems a little weak atm, id say priests but thats just my opinion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]