Anyone else getting tired of the pally hate?

85 Draenei Paladin
honestly. Paladin healing changed completely. it's not just faceroll spamming anymore. especially since you now have to heal while conserving mana now. you can spam holy light cuz it's too slow and heals for too little. you can't spam divine light or flash of light because it costs too much. you have to realize your tank is main priority and the group can hover around 50% for awhile. use your word of glory every 3 holy power. judge every CD to keep mana regen... it's simple, but yes, some fights will continue to be a strain on our mana pools.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2010 2:09 AMPosted by Xayd
12/13/2010 1:42 AMPosted by Rawblin
Maybe other healers are grumpy because Pally's got a ton of new tools.

You want to know what Resto druids got? Tree form was taken away, now it is a 40s duration 3min cooldown.

No new spells, no new mechanics, nadda.

While I think healing is tuned well atm, I'm still put off that Resto druids got absolutely NO new toys to play with, while all the other healers at least got some.

not all. disc got worse than you got.

imagine if they took the hots away and told you to be a healing touch spammer.

that's basically what happened to disc.

LMAO. Thats EXACTLY what happened to druids xD You literally just contradicted yourself!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
12/13/2010 2:09 AMPosted by Xayd
12/13/2010 1:42 AMPosted by Rawblin
Maybe other healers are grumpy because Pally's got a ton of new tools.

You want to know what Resto druids got? Tree form was taken away, now it is a 40s duration 3min cooldown.

No new spells, no new mechanics, nadda.

While I think healing is tuned well atm, I'm still put off that Resto druids got absolutely NO new toys to play with, while all the other healers at least got some.

not all. disc got worse than you got.

imagine if they took the hots away and told you to be a healing touch spammer.

that's basically what happened to disc.

Chakra is a brand new priest mechanic. A fun new toy, so to speak. A new flair added to the healing style for priests.

And, I'm sorry to point this out, but they basically DID take the HoT emphasis away for druids, and made us Direct Target healers.
Edited by Rawblin on 12/13/2010 2:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
A few points about the "dominance" of holy paladins.

There isn't very much statistical data yet, let's review the numbers in two months and see how the classes are then. I just don't like to call something dominant when we only have data from less then a single week of raiding, it could simply be an early trend.

On the flip side, the analysis could be spot on and holy paladins are more powerful then the other classes, but again we don't really have enough data to make that determination.

There are two other points that should be at least considered.

Some of these encounters naturally favor the holy paladin's "stack up" mechanics. The so called "cone heal" and holy radiance are substantially worse when players are forced to spread out. I know that in the past blues have mentioned that often times certain healers feel overpowered when in reality they are only better suited to a certain boss.

The final point I wanted to make is the ruthless nature of these top tiered guilds. If these players believe (whether it is true or not true) that holy paladins are better then other healers by any margin (no matter how small) they will stack their raids with them. These hardcore players will abandon their main character and power level an alt just to get "the edge" in world rankings.

In short, holy paladins maybe more powerful than other healers, they also maybe equal or even less powerful but we are really lacking enough data to make a determination.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
no we're not lacking enough data.

it's all right there plain as day. we're all level'd up and 5 man geared and we can see in clear black and white what the situation is.

they turned every class into a paladin type single target healer, but the paladin still has the beacon and the free heal procs.

hence paladins being stacked in raids.
Edited by Xayd on 12/13/2010 2:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2010 2:38 AMPosted by Xayd
no we're not lacking enough data.

it's all right there plain as day. we're all level'd up and 5 man geared and we can see in clear black and white what the situation is.

they turned every class into a paladin type single target healer, but the paladin still has the beacon and the free heal procs.

hence paladins being stacked in raids.

WRONG! Paladins dont get to turn into a purple spit of pubic hair every three minutes! I shave my tree like a lightning bolt. Gets me in all the raids.
Edited by Ayth on 12/13/2010 2:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/13/2010 2:43 AMPosted by Ayth

WRONG! Paladins dont get to turn into a purple spit of pubic hair every three minutes! I shave my tree like a lightning bolt. Gets me in all the raids.

protip!

apparently from what i'm told by a guildmate you can level up herbalism and turn yourself into a shrub instead.

BENEFITS:

a) no need to gear/enchant
b) make a profit selling the herbs
c) running around picking up herbs, unlike healing in cataclysm, is somewhat random and unpredictable
Edited by Xayd on 12/13/2010 2:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2010 2:46 AMPosted by Xayd
[quote="14060502359"]
running around picking up herbs, unlike healing in cataclysm, is somewhat random and unpredictable

lol. Hear that Blizzard? Gonna need a band-aid for that gusher.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/13/2010 2:25 AMPosted by Ayth

LMAO. Thats EXACTLY what happened to druids xD You literally just contradicted yourself!

lol...

we have two, one went bear and the other went boomchicken. i had no idea. i mean, i figured they would screw disc and knew it was coming when they came out with lolsmite. druids?

blizzard must be working real hard on diablo 3 if this is the best they could come up with.
Edited by Xayd on 12/13/2010 2:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Yea druids got lolwrath. It costs no mana, and has a 12% chance to proc an instant starfall.

This only takes 2 talent points.

Should be mandatory for raid specs!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I posted this on the other pally thread but since this one seems to be going in the same direction, here is how I feel:

First of all, I love healing right now. I am so glad that its a challenge, this is the most fun I have had healing in a long time. However, this imbalance is very concerning to me and here is why:

I love the new healing model, no role can essentially carry another right now, healers can't carry bad tanks, and vice versa and the same goes for dps, they can't be carried nor carry each other. Everyone has to do their part. It's not just about bad healers going oom and good healers not, mobs have to be cc'd, tanks need to use cooldowns, dps need to avoid damage at all costs and use life saving and self healing abilities. The healers have to use every trick in their spell books to get through fights, and so do the other classes.

Now the issue with this is that healers right now are forced to change their ways, but there is one healing class that can still carry tanks and dps who are not doing their jobs. A lazy or bad tank or dps is not going to change if they don't have to, they can always kick the healer and eventually they will get a paladin who can carry them through. This is a huge problem because it destroys the whole cata healing model.

Certain healing classes are looked at as bad now, when they are perfectly capable of getting through the current content as long as everyone does their job. As long as paladins remain overpowered, the other healers will continue to cry for buffs, dps will continue to stand in the fire and tanks will continue to chain pull, because as long as they have a paladin, nothing is stopping them.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I read about 30 seconds into the OP and pretty much rofled. I'm rerolling pally atm now because of how stupidly OP they are.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/13/2010 3:02 AMPosted by Seladrys
Aren't pallies still bugged and sending every proc of Protector of the Innocent through Beacon?

I am also waiting to see if fixing this bug changes anything, we'll see how much of a difference it makes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/12/2010 10:43 AMPosted by Kyaza
Start playing smart and stop qqing about pallies. We have it just as rough but you don't see us complaining as much as the rest of you because we've always had the harder healing job with no good aoe spells in our arsenal and adapt a little more quickly.

There you have it folks... The reason Paladins are doing better than the other healing classes is because the class simply attracts more skilled people.

If you're a Priest, Druid, or Shammy, you just need to learn how to play.

Brb, gonna delete my priest and level this Paladin. I can't wait for the "skill" switch to be flipped when I log on to her!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 10:43 AMPosted by Kyaza
All the other healing classes are complaining and saying "oh you're a pally you don't know what it's like for us going oom all the time."

But the truth of the matter is that we do. Sure we're nuke healers--we always *have* been. But our beacon only transfers 50 percent of the healing over and our aoe heals are pretty much complete crap.

We're still going oom just as often as other healers (this is intended for those who are doing heroics before being heroically geared, just as a quick fyi). You have aoe heals that heal everyone. We don't, so our holy light is basically the only way we can get people up. And it heals for the same amount as nourish (according to my resto druid buddy).

I'm so sick and tired of people saying "Pallies got the better healing stick" because it's simply not true.

If you've healed with a pally, you know how much has changed with watching procs and stacking holy power.

All I have to say to the other healing classes out there: Stop blaming the pallies and start respeccing and experimenting and using all your cooldowns and consumables until you figure out one that gives you better regen.

Start playing smart and stop qqing about pallies. We have it just as rough but you don't see us complaining as much as the rest of you because we've always had the harder healing job with no good aoe spells in our arsenal and adapt a little more quickly.

EXACTLY why pallys heal 3 times as much as I do in battlegrounds -_-

Pally heals = FAIL.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
12/12/2010 5:47 PMPosted by Enragedclown
12/12/2010 11:07 AMPosted by Kyaza
I will say that druids need to be buffed

Absolutely not.

I am already snoring through heroics.

Nice gear...

=]
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So wait, chain heal spam and PW:S spam isn't topping the charts anymore like it used to in WotLK? Whatever will we do!

/sarcasm, has anyone considered that many people are rerolling holy paladins because of how "OP" we supposedly are? My priest was my main back in WotLK and I still love her to death. However, I was told by pretty much everyone that was on the beta not to bother leveling her because priests of all three specs were pretty much garbage. The other healing toons I had left were this one and my horde shaman, and I stopped playing horde a while ago so I picked this toon.

The fact of the matter is, if the tank or dps is playing poorly, we run oom just like everyone else.

Also, I'd like to hear exactly how holy paladins are OP instead of just logs. Like, what exactly makes us OP? Easier to counter that way.

Last note, even if we are in better shape than other healers, it would be stupid to nerf us. Buffing other healers would be better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]