Off Healing

I am a Feral druid.

I am finding myself healing myself a lot with my free heal. I can basically throw 10k heals out to myself when my ability procs, and it sortadoes the job. I don't expect to be the first guy getting healed in this new world. I see what Blizzard is trying to do, and it's working.

I will usually throw the heals out to the tank or healer, then myself or someone else, in that order.

my question is, does this throw off healers? Should I care about when I'm throwing heals? i know you don't need to be healed right away as soon as you are hurt, this is why we have big health pools. So a good healer will know what heal he should throw on who and when. I just wonder if I am messing with certain healers efficiency when they throw a heal right after i throw one, i basically just made them waste it.

of course, a i guess a small heal from a healer is pretty much a feral druids big heal.. so maybe none of this matters.

none the less, is there any sorta of guidelines that healers like other party members to follow that can help heal, just in general? I dont mind throwing my mana away.. id ont need it. though my better heals come from when i'm dpsing first.. though somtimes i do spam out heals to everyone.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
It doesn't throw us off. It helps us immensely if DPS can take care of themselves because with the new triage model we can't top everyone off all the time.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
As Astraala said, I think at 85 just about every healer will give you their first born child if you give a little help to your own self in the heals department. :D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Throw us off? The fact that people are helping is kind of strange and rare, but man, it is a beautiful thing. Thank you!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Please do this. Also dispelling curses and poison is another thing you can do (if only your self). Especially mechanics that throw a them party wide.

As a healer, having to dispel 5 people before i can resume healing is a pretty daunting challenge. But 3 is fine. 2 Would be perfect.

Thinking of your health as a pool and considering that you may only have ~2-3 pools to go through in a fight, it really puts self healing into perspective. If you can cover 1/2 of those, that's lots of mana and pressure removed.

Don't worry about overhearing. Nothing I cast can make up ground that quick and I will not overheal.

And if you re not using tranquility at good spots, you are bad. Feral tranquility is VERY POWERFUL, possibly the best off heal in the game coming from a melee class and being smart.
Edited by Sprucelee on 12/12/2010 2:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I do this quite often myself during heroics, if the healer is down less than 30% of his max mana I'll toss him the innervate and top off the tank with lifeblooms before reverting to cat form.

Either that or I'll back off and heal myself so they can focus on the tank.

Anything you can do to help makes or breaks any team, same goes for popping bear form and offtanking when the need arises.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I suspect any PVP experienced feral is all over this. I would be using every proc if I were not just playing resto in PVE atm.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Yeah I was wondering if the healers were ok with it. I constantly pop out of boomkin to heal myself or throw some heals on the tank. I use tranquility too. Hope it's not bugging healers too much, but with healing being so tough I figure I might as well help out.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 2:21 PMPosted by Galatea
Yeah I was wondering if the healers were ok with it. I constantly pop out of boomkin to heal myself or throw some heals on the tank. I use tranquility too. Hope it's not bugging healers too much, but with healing being so tough I figure I might as well help out.

As long as you feel you can keep you DPS rotation smooth. Go for it.

All the help you can give is good.

BUT... a quick fight is the biggest healers friend. I can jam all my cd's and mana into a shorter fight an breeze through. So don't ever let it be too hard on DPS.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Ok with it? We love it. Smart dps using self heals can save us a ton of mana. Unavoidable aoe dmg, ooh look 2 dps healed themselves a bit. Now I can use 1 free PoH to stabilize the party, and then single target everyone back to safe range. Instead of having to PoH several times in a row :)
Reply Quote
12/12/2010 2:20 PMPosted by Sprucelee
I suspect any PVP experienced feral is all over this. I would be using every proc if I were not just playing resto in PVE atm.

That is certainly where I learned to use all that stuff.

Alright, well that's good. I was just worried that i was throwing off healers by basically making them waste mana if i threw a heal before they did, but really, even if that does happen, i saved some healer some mana during other encounters.

innvervate doest feel as powerful anymore, but i sitll throw that out when i can.

I'd do more cyloning but tanks and "go go go" guys seem to freak out at me if I am cyloning stuff, so I only tend to do that if the mob will be around awhile.. haha. I am sure heroics mentality will be different though, at least for awhile.

i definitely lose out on dps, sometimes third on the charts but usually second, but i dont quite care about that stuff anymore, as we all know toping the charts is not a big deal, as long as stuff gets completed.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2010 2:44 PMPosted by Catmondru
12/12/2010 2:20 PMPosted by Sprucelee

That is certainly where I learned to use all that stuff.

Alright, well that's good. I was just worried that i was throwing off healers by basically making them waste mana if i threw a heal before they did, but really, even if that does happen, i saved some healer some mana during other encounters.

innvervate doest feel as powerful anymore, but i sitll throw that out when i can.

I'd do more cyloning but tanks and "go go go" guys seem to freak out at me if I am cyloning stuff, so I only tend to do that if the mob will be around awhile.. haha. I am sure heroics mentality will be different though, at least for awhile.

i definitely lose out on dps, sometimes third on the charts but usually second, but i dont quite care about that stuff anymore, as we all know toping the charts is not a big deal, as long as stuff gets completed.

Yeah innervate blows now, Im in a fight with Siamat and the shaman goes "Innervate pls" and I already had just a few moments prior, 20% of 20k mana is a joke. I mean Im sure its fine if I were balance but alas that isnt the case.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]