To Those Stating "Healing Is Fine"

85 Tauren Shaman
Everyone's experience is different. Telling someone to "play better" doesn't solve everything. Telling someone to "find better people to group with" doesn't solve everything. Just because you're enjoying healing and aren't having any problems, good for you, but you're not every healer...

LFD exists for a reason. We can't always find 4 competent people through the guild or through trade chat. The simple fact is, World of Warcraft is a casual game with hardcore aspects. I don't consider heroic dungeons and normal mode raiding, hardcore gameplay. Heroic raiding is hardcore gameplay. 2800+ arena is hardcore gameplay.

Simply opening up a menu, and clicking a button to queue for a dungeon is an action that caters to every type of MMO gamer. However, I find myself getting penalized due to the fact that when I do that simple action, the group I'm partnered with can't move out of the blue fire under their feet.

There has to be some middle ground somewhere. Buff healing? Nerf damage? Insert brains into users of the LFD tool? Something...

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've LFDed heroics, it's rough but manageable. At this point with everyone in entry gear and half of groups (generous) not knowing fights, that's all you can reasonably expect. You just need to assert yourself in groups until everyone picks it up.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
the expansion is less than a week old and the vast majority of players have no idea what most trash mobs do, let alone bosses.

The LFD tool is a game of hot potato right now, and you're going to sometimes get caught with the potato.

If you don't have guildmates to run with, you can either tough it out or wait it out...buffing healing or nerfing dungeon damage to solve a player-side issue is not the way to go.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I'll follow up again with stating that, "Everyone's experience is different".

The groups I've had the pleasure of trying to carry are not manageable. It's impossible to do something when you have a tank that doesn't wait for CC's, DPS that don't understand simple mechanics such as pushing a lever.

My point is the content is too hard for the majority of players that play this game. The LFD becomes more and more useless every day one of these idiots that play this game tell their friend about it and RAF their way up to form an idiotic duo that plagues my LFD queue.

buffing healing or nerfing dungeon damage to solve a player-side issue is not the way to go.

When the majority of the player-side consists of morons that don't watch videos or listen to explanations, then yes... it is a way to go.
Edited by Incorporeàl on 12/12/2010 3:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/12/2010 3:23 PMPosted by Incorporeàl
I'll follow up again with stating that, "Everyone's experience is different".

The groups I've had the pleasure of trying to carry are not manageable. It's impossible to do something when you have a tank that doesn't wait for CC's, DPS that don't understand simple mechanics such as pushing a lever.

My point is the content is too hard for the majority of players that play this game. The LFD becomes more and more useless every day one of these idiots that play this game tell their friend about it and RAF their way up to form an idiotic duo that plagues my LFD queue.

again, this is entirely a player-side issue where, frankly, the playerbase needs to learn to play.

They reinvented the proverbial wheel for DPSers, tanks and healers, and people need to learn how to roll with it, not complain that it needs to be rolled back to the way it was.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
One of the problems for those stating "healing is fine" don't understand that people aren't simply saying "healing is too hard" (it might be in some cases, but I think alot of people enjoy the difficulty), but I think alot more of it is "healing is not fun", which is a completely different statement. Healing isn't "not fun" because its hard, its "not fun" because the mechanics are boring. No one likes sitting and casting a single, slow, boring, heal over and over and over. But we have to because of the current mechanics. I know I didn't sign up to be a hot-based class casting nourish over and over every fight. I've had no problem healing every dungeon so far (although I hear heroics are quite brutal), but it just hasnt been very fun, and I hope we will see some changes to this.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/12/2010 3:25 PMPosted by Wildspeaker
One of the problems for those stating "healing is fine" don't understand that people aren't simply saying "healing is too hard" (it might be in some cases, but I think alot of people enjoy the difficulty), but I think alot more of it is "healing is not fun", which is a completely different statement. Healing isn't "not fun" because its hard, its "not fun" because the mechanics are boring. No one likes sitting and casting a single, slow, boring, heal over and over and over. But we have to because of the current mechanics. I know I didn't sign up to be a hot-based class casting nourish over and over every fight. I've had no problem healing every dungeon so far (although I hear heroics are quite brutal), but it just hasnt been very fun, and I hope we will see some changes to this.

DPSing and tanking are also not fun when people don't know what they're doing. Healers are not the only victims of bad and ignorant players. I've heard plenty of guildmates screaming over vent about the bad healer or bad tank or fellow bad DPSers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You missed my last sentence. You need to assert yourself. I queued into a group with 3 dps (that queued together) and a random tank. Yet, I was able to get them to listen to me with a little effort at the beginning. All you need to do is be firm, know what you can do and can't do, and communicate that.

Every group is manageable. I went through a heroic Stonecore with 2 melee dying every single trash back and boss all the way to (and including) the dragon. They finally got the message of interrupting and not standing in front of !#*! after that and the rest of the instance was a breeze. Even Ozruk took only 3 attempts, which is pretty good.

Edit: As for the "not fun" crowd, trust me when I say it's really fun in good groups. I can see the frustration in LFD at the moment. Heck, I'm frustrated in those runs too. But it gets better, I guarantee you.
Edited by Faveokatro on 12/12/2010 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Sorry but I want hard 5 mans.

The number of people in a group shouldnt determine difficulty.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/12/2010 3:29 PMPosted by Faveokatro
You missed my last sentence. You need to assert yourself. I queued into a group with 3 dps (that queued together) and a random tank. Yet, I was able to get them to listen to me with a little effort at the beginning. All you need to do is be firm, know what you can do and can't do, and communicate that.

Every group is manageable. I went through a heroic Stonecore with 2 melee dying every single trash back and boss all the way to (and including) the dragon. They finally got the message of interrupting and not standing in front of !#*! after that and the rest of the instance was a breeze. Even Ozruk took only 3 attempts, which is pretty good.

A DPSer dieing is not the end of the world and healers need to take some control in instances. It's that simple. Sometimes the group won't respond, and if that happens, then drop group and find a group that will.

It's not the easiest path to take by any means, but it's the least stressful.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
If you're going in undergeared, unaware, and have a bad group then expect to get stomped.

Sometimes the dungeon finder gets you a group, sometimes the dungeon finder gets you. As a competent healer you should have no problem cherry picking good dps and tanks from your guild/friends list.

The other alternative is to just wait a few more weeks-months until the random people get better geared and used to the fights. It still won't be faceroll easy, but it won't be difficult anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/12/2010 3:29 PMPosted by Faveokatro

Every group is not manageable. I'm partnered with keyboard turners, and people who simply don't understand how to cast and IGNORE CC'd targets. Is it bad luck? Possible... but it's unfortunately the majority of the player base I encounter.

Sure a simple answer is "find another group", but when I'm using the tools provided to me, there aren't many other options.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Simple solution for dps who have trouble with CCed targets is to tell the tank to LOS pull so CCed mobs are left behind. That's the drop dead easy way to guarantee it, and most tanks won't mind since it makes their initial threat easy. You're one of two healers with a ranged CC, use it every pack.

Most healers project very low self-confidence, which is why they get the blame very easily. If you get kicks often (barring immediate kicks where there's nothing you can do), that's usually why. I've never, ever gotten kicked or blamed for something in a heroic (even now in cata) that I didn't actually do. Make your mistakes clear, and make the situations where you didn't make any clear as well. If you don't say anything people are going to draw their own conclusions, rain or shine.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Who said I got kicked? I've never been kicked as well.

You. Cant. Fix. Stupid. And the majority of the player base is stupid... plain and simple.
Reply Quote
73 Goblin Shaman
I've always played healers in Wow. Most healers that enjoy it, feel guilty over death even if it was deserved. Sometimes I'll heal someone being an idiot just to keep things moving. This is something I and others need to stop doing. If someone won't get out of avoidable damage, or bother to blow cooldowns when it's clear you need them too, let them die, or drop the group.

People have picked up awful habits, the same habits I see being used even in the reworked lowbie stuff now. :)

LFD is evil at the moment...take comfort in knowing the baddies are waiting an hour+ to get into anything.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
12/12/2010 3:27 PMPosted by Ballard
12/12/2010 3:25 PMPosted by Wildspeaker

DPSing and tanking are also not fun when people don't know what they're doing. Healers are not the only victims of bad and ignorant players. I've heard plenty of guildmates screaming over vent about the bad healer or bad tank or fellow bad DPSers.

I think you missed the point of my post. This has nothing to do with others playing bad. Even if your group plays well, your playstyle is still heavily based around an incredibly boring heal. I don't like playing a hot-based healer that is no longer based around hots. Spamming nourish is not fun, but 75% of my heals are Nourish even in a good group.
Edited by Wildspeaker on 12/12/2010 3:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
We all do use the baseline heal more often than not, obviously, but you can't win with just that heal. You must utilize all of your heals.

The only heal I hardly ever use is the quick heal... no one dies fast enough for that to be of any use... However, baseline heal + hot + big heal are great when used correctly.

My argument though, is the fact that things just don't go "right" enough for me to even get any enjoyment. Wiping constantly isn't fun, and spending 3 hours in a dungeon isn't fun.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
12/12/2010 4:01 PMPosted by Incorporeàl
My argument though, is the fact that things just don't go "right" enough for me to even get any enjoyment. Wiping constantly isn't fun, and spending 3 hours in a dungeon isn't fun.

Basically you're saying that a boss should straight up give you loot? If you wanna have fun go play Hello Kitty Island Adventures. I heard that's really fun.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
12/12/2010 3:55 PMPosted by Wildspeaker

I think you missed the point of my post. This has nothing to do with others playing bad. Even if your group plays well, your playstyle is still heavily based around an incredibly boring heal. I don't like playing a hot-based healer that is no longer based around hots. Spamming nourish is not fun, but 75% of my heals are Nourish even in a good group.

Or the fact your hots cost to much mana to cast, heal for nothing. Tick for a short time, and your mastery is built around healing people with hots on them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]