To Those Stating "Healing Is Fine"

85 Night Elf Priest

When the majority of the player-side consists of morons that don't watch videos or listen to explanations, then yes... it is a way to go.

No its not, the way to go is to let people learn the mechanics.

People have had learning curves in most aspects of this game, even WotLK. In ToC people had to learn to move out of Gormok's fire asap or they'd die, people had to learn to not stand close to each other on KT in Naxx, in Ulduar people had to learn to do the Freya fight (DON"T STEP ON BOMBS!), in ICC people needed to learn the Proff P encounter.

These things take time, people will learn and those who don't will enjoy wiping in heroics and clearing regular dungeons all expansion.

Blizzard's job is not to cater to us, its to give us a product that we'll enjoy for years to come. They've given us that product, the issue is people want to clear everything immediately... it took more than a day to level from 1-85, its going to take more than a day to learn all of the boss fights in the game too.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The healing will get better once we have gear with more spirit/mastery/int on it. The reason we are going out of mana so hard is because they upped the mana cost of most of our spells. Rejuv takes 6% of my mana pool? Once we start regenerating mana at crazy rates, it won't be hard anymore. If you aren't willing to tough it out for a few weeks/couple months, then just wait, but, believe me, you will become a better healer if you tough it out with the rest of us.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 5:53 PMPosted by Deftis
That's right, YOU can't carry the GROUP anymore.

Guess what? Dungeons are a GROUP EXPERIENCE and Blizzard has finally made it so that EVERYONE in the group has to actively participate and do well.

Make no mistake, it is Blizzard's INTENTION that a single player can no longer make up for the rest of the group's fail. I'm sorry if this idea conflicts with your belief that a Massively MULTIPLAYER Online game requires coordination with OTHER PEOPLE.

I think this poster hits it right on the head. This is the biggest thing that has changed about dungeons. It's no longer possible for us as healers to carry that bad standing in fire the whole fight. You can potentially save someone once who might have been a little slow in moving, but if it's a constant thing with that particular group then there is no way you will have enough mana to complete the fight. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing that dps have to actually learn to play, but it will take more time to get used to than the week we have currently had.

p.s. - Ignore my wonky enchants and odd meta. My server has not leveled professions enough to have anything good yet and any bonus is better than none lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As others have said, this is a problem with groups;
healers are used to carrying groups no matter what,
and since that's no longer possible, healing seems broken.
DPS need to step up and learn how to play again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2010 4:35 PMPosted by Lambs
12/12/2010 4:30 PMPosted by Stockpiles
I sympothize with some of you having to deal with bad groups...but some of you just sound like you're just as impatient as the mass pulling tank and aggro grabbing dps.

Instances should have some time investment, it should be challenging, and there should be wipes while you figure it out. It's not even been a week!
Wiped for three hours in third boss in Grim Batol because I kept running OOM with the dragon at 30-40%. Only use flash heal when it's proc'd for free, roll Renew on tank, hitting my super efficient Chakra heal on cooldown, Heal and Prayer of Healing are my two most used spells, and the DPS are using Lightwell. I literally could not heal it. People are going to take hits from the Fireball, a tick or two from Devouring Breath/Twilight Fire, etc. and I literally cannot keep up with the damage going out.

Same story for last boss in Throne of Tides.

The frontal cone ability of the dragon is completely avoidable if people pay attention, healers can no longer heal through stupidity. DPS and even tanks HAVE to mitigate as much damage as possible. This doesn't make it a bad design, people have just gotten incredibly lazy after wrath where, unless things would one shot you you could, you could safely ignore many abilities bosses did.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
12/12/2010 3:14 PMPosted by Incorporeàl
There has to be some middle ground somewhere. Buff healing? Nerf damage? Insert brains into users of the LFD tool? Something...

^^

I really hope Blizzard is working on someway to sort this mess out. As of right now healing Pugs for heroics is just way to difficult. Sadly I have no option but to keep trying to heal Pugs as work has me playing in the small hours of the morning.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Healing is fine....there are lots of other things broken.

The biggest thing I think is that you get people who expect to be able to burn through heroics, and don't get that they are hard, and that...somethings are THEIR fault.

There are learning curves, few people are experts.

Healing is fine (if you've taken the time to understand and adapt to the new reality). The problem imo are tanks and (mostly) dps who expect the world to adapt to their perceived reality.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2010 5:03 PMPosted by Shyight
Just because you're enjoying healing and aren't having any problems, good for you, but you're not every healer...

The people who are "enjoying healing" are in a state of delusion and fanboyism.

The people who say they aren't having any problems are solo questing, or not healing at all.

Every single healer right now is having issues. The game, in its current state, is unplayable. It's just not enjoyable. I would rather be healing as a White Mage in FFXI.

I hardly feel I am in a state of delusion or fanboyism.
Maybe I'm just lucky and group with competent players
I have successfully healed every heroic so far, and am now working on the achievements for the drake.
The game is quite playable, it just requires more teamwork than before, which is at times a struggle with the LFD system. I take the liberty of marking targets and stating that cc is required before any pulls are made, and that seems to help.
Don't think for a second that your group wont kick the tank or dps you votekick if they are choosing to ignore your requests for cc and focus dps, there are good players out there that will recognize the retards and help you get them out of the group.
Hang in there, you guys will get it down, keep farming with rep tabards and get those upgrades, I personally believe that our crappy gear is the biggest thing holding people back right now.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I have all 4 healers classes.

Healing is fine. I can still heal with this mechanics. Search my achievement. I have finished all Heroics except Stonecore. I can still heal FINE with it. But, the current healing mechanics is BORING. VERY VERY BORING.

I play WoW because of the healing system. It was good from Vanilla, then better in BC, even better in Woltk when they introduce rotations. And now Cataclysm we're moving backwards.

Now it's just BORING. It has become a 2 button heals now. I rarely use anything except Heal and Serenity. Other mana cost is too high. I can complete a heroics, in the end I don't feel any FUN, it's just BORED. Blizzard has decided that, we player no long can choose how we heal, but to follow their new style "Triage".

Triage is barely FINE in PvE, but fail terribly in PvP. When a mechanics cannot co-exist between PvE and PvP, it is fail.

Again I have to mention, for the Resto Druids, it is actually a disgrace. We play Resto Druids because of the HoTs, but now, it has become a need to Cast 90% of the time. Blizzard no longer "permit" Druids to play their playstyle. If you resto druids out there still think this is fine, I have no idea why in the first place you rolled a resto druids for, and still commenting that you like the new mechanics very much. I can see there are many lame people here having fun with the new mechanics, and still think it is very cool.

And for me, it is not COOL, FUN and CHALLENGING at all.

*most strange part is the people that are satisfied with the current healing still busying trolling in this forum and not currently busy chaining heroics after heroics since they like the mechanics so MUCH!
Reply Quote
12/17/2010 5:46 AMPosted by Easleyz
Again I have to mention, for the Resto Druids, it is actually a disgrace. We play Resto Druids because of the HoTs, but now, it has become a need to Cast 90% of the time. Blizzard no longer "permit" Druids to play their playstyle. If you resto druids out there still think this is fine, I have no idea why in the first place you rolled a resto druids for, and still commenting that you like the new mechanics very much. I can see there are many lame people here having fun with the new mechanics, and still think it is very cool.

75% of my healing is still from HOTs. You're doing something wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/17/2010 5:57 AMPosted by Cirocco

lame. OOM?
I've had enough of the trolls. If I can use the equivalent "5k+ mana" spell of yours and use it 75% of the time, it's OOM for me and same goes for you.

until then, cheers.
Reply Quote
12/17/2010 6:02 AMPosted by Easleyz

lame. OOM?
I've had enough of the trolls. If I can use the equivalent "5k+ mana" spell of yours and use it 75% of the time, it's OOM for me and same goes for you.

until then, cheers.

I'm not trolling. Rejuv is essentially an instant cast HT, it heals for a similar amount and costs less mana. It also sets up the mastery bonus for subsequent heals on the target and allows Swiftmend, one of our most efficient heals. If 90% of your healing is direct heals then you are definitely, at the very least, using HT a lot of times when you should use Rejuv instead.

Then there's WG, which is incredibly efficient vs. AOE damage and also sets up Mastery. WG + a few Rejuvs takes care of most unavoidable AOE. And Lifebloom, which should be ~20% of your healing at least if you are rolling a 3-stack on the tank(s).

Our HOTs are fine. I reiterate, you're doing something wrong. There are some good guides on the druid forums.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I like that "HEROIC" means something. Maybe they should buff healing, decrease instance DPS, have the mobs insta CC themselves, and require no interrupts and call them "Sugarplum" Dungeons.

Or maybe all 5 people in the raid should use all the tools to their disposal, and not just mash AOE spells.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Here's a super pro tip.

Regen is your #1 stat right now..and will be until later. Haste is an end game gear stat that you stack after all other areas are fine.

Regen made heroics stupid easy before they buffed us holy priests...after the buff, its just a joke.

The answer to almost every QQ I see on these forums is: Spirit.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Posted by Porkzqt
12/12/2010 4:01 PMPosted by Incorporeàl
My argument though, is the fact that things just don't go "right" enough for me to even get any enjoyment. Wiping constantly isn't fun, and spending 3 hours in a dungeon isn't fun.

Basically you're saying that a boss should straight up give you loot? If you wanna have fun go play Hello Kitty Island Adventures. I heard that's really fun.

How you got that out of the post that was made is miles from reality.

The whole purpose of his comment was to show how witty he was.......
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
A few things for those who are having the experience of struggling in Heroics:

1) Do YOU know the fights? If not, we no longer feel sorry for you failing at them. If so, are you taking the time to type out a quick synopsis for your group or at least ask if everyone knows it? I do. Taking 20 seconds to type "Boss drops bombs and will cast an ability to detonate them... Tank please kite boss away from bombs as he drops them. Boss will also cast a Shockwave ability that grows outward from him... if you're melee back away so you can see what direction it's heading and not get hit." That literally takes me 20 seconds to type.
2) Mark and CC trash mobs.
3) Use the vote to kick feature to remove players not holding up their end of the bargain.
4) Use your healing CDs, even on trash if necessary. If you happen to be a Pally like me, ask yourself this: Do you regularly use your trinkets, LOH, Hand of Sac, Avenging Wrath, Divine Favor, Divine Plea, judge on CD as much as possible, Guardian, Hand of Protection, and Aura Mastery? If you are looking at those list of abilities and you aren't using them regularly, you need to start now. If you are another healer, make your own list of all mana saving, throughput, and damage reduction ablities. Do you regularly use them?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 3:14 PMPosted by Incorporeàl
There has to be some middle ground somewhere. Buff healing? Nerf damage? Insert brains into users of the LFD tool? Something...

There is. It's called "waiting for people to get their acts together". We're less than 2 weeks into the expansion. You can't expect everything to start going as smoothly as endgame wrath did right off the bat.

Some of us can suffer through this. Some of us (like me) are enjoying the good, and the bad.

Some people (a lot of the QQers) will have to find something else to do.

Blizzard didn't "screw up" with healing. It was a very, very needed change. People just like to complain, and there are a lot more people than there were playing on dec 6th.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I agree with alot of people here on both sides of the fence. I dont mind having to watch my mana on say, boss fights but trash pulls in a normal or even herioc 5 man is a bit much imo. Alot of the issues with DPS being semi retarded may or may not end once the majority gets to 85. The reason i say may not is in wrath there where some groups THEN that made healing um exciting. Things where stupid easy in wrath and i'd have to say ALOT of people had zero clue on class mechanics.

Since the time of vanilla its always been the same. U have a few people that pushes their toons and play to maximize their capabiltiy while the rest struggle to so much as read a strat on a 25 man. I've only actually seen one guild in my entire 6 yrs of playing WoW that i thought top to bottom every player was skilled and adapted in any given situation u could throw at them: that was Ropetown from Executus a few yrs ago.

So to me its kinda a double edge sword. On one end i love the difficulty of having to use CC and utilize everyones class abilities and the other i dread going into pugs where the vast majority of people dont get and nver will get simple mechanics. Thank god im in a good guild that has plenty of good players to role with :)
Edited by Oakthorne on 12/17/2010 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]