Just wait, at some point it will click...

85 Troll Druid
You have wiped on a trash pull or boss countless times, and you are at your wits end. You used to be able to just heal everyone through it if they just stayed out of the bad stuff for the most part. But it is just not happening anymore, as hard as you try, you just seem to go OOM half way through the fight. In fact, it feels like the harder you try, the worse it is. The tank is getting beaten to death, people keep getting hit with some AOE mechanic... you just wipe no matter how hard you heal...

And its not like it looked that bad, or felt messy. Tank had aggro, seemed ok. Just like a normal and solid pull from WOTLK. You are left frustrated... angry even. You are the healer, if people die like this, it must be your fault. Half way through the fight and OOM? That looks bad and it has to be your fault....

But then you queue the next day after a nights rest and come across the same mechanic. But this time the mage sheeps a mob, the druid roots one, and the hunter traps a third. Also, the rogue and tank keep interrupting the stupid aoe spell that killed you so many times before. You end the fight with over half your mana and smile on your face.

At least that's how it happened for me. It just clicked and the stress just fell away, this is how its supposed to go, and its a vastly superior way in terms of having fun for all classes IMO. Ever since then Cata. has been a wonderful experience for me to heal, and dungeons really feel like a team activity.

Thanks Blizzard.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/12/2010 3:54 PMPosted by Sprucelee
But then you queue the next day after a nights rest and come across the same mechanic. But this time the mage sheeps a mob, the druid roots one, and the hunter traps a third.

And then you queue again and wipe. Log in tomorrow, queue, wipe. Rinse/Repeat.

Having one successful heroic out of 10 isn't fun. Neither is face palming while watching DPS keyboard turn their way out of fire.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 3:57 PMPosted by Incorporeàl
But then you queue the next day after a nights rest and come across the same mechanic. But this time the mage sheeps a mob, the druid roots one, and the hunter traps a third.

And then you queue again and wipe. Log in tomorrow, queue, wipe. Rinse/Repeat.

Having one successful heroic out of 10 isn't fun. Neither is face palming while watching DPS keyboard turn their way out of fire.

No, because the next time I took the time to explain it if they did not know the pulls.

Maybe we wipe a couple times, but we learn and progress. I am fine with that.

Reply Quote
premades, I done a few premades, it works well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Solo queue is frustration. Guild premades or bust I guess
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 4:08 PMPosted by Kayaii
Solo queue is frustration. Guild premades or bust I guess

This is true to a degree, though i have had good success with randoms. And when you find a good heroic group, you tend to stick for maybe 1 or 2 more.

But tbh, I was so uncomfortable at first with the changes I purposely did LFD to test myself out. Before i go fail with guildies, I wanted a reference point. But it has not been all that bad...

And also, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger :D
Edited by Sprucelee on 12/12/2010 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hope you're having fun spamming Nourish. Because I'm not.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 4:20 PMPosted by Wildspeaker
Hope you're having fun spamming Nourish. Because I'm not.

Well that's not what I am doing. I cast only spam nourish for small periods in the least intense portions of fights.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
You have wiped on a trash pull or boss countless times, and you are at your wits end. You used to be able to just heal everyone through it if they just stayed out of the bad stuff for the most part. But it is just not happening anymore, as hard as you try, you just seem to go OOM half way through the fight. In fact, it feels like the harder you try, the worse it is. The tank is getting beaten to death, people keep getting hit with some AOE mechanic... you just wipe no matter how hard you heal...

And its not like it looked that bad, or felt messy. Tank had aggro, seemed ok. Just like a normal and solid pull from WOTLK. You are left frustrated... angry even. You are the healer, if people die like this, it must be your fault. Half way through the fight and OOM? That looks bad and it has to be your fault....

But then you queue the next day after a nights rest and come across the same mechanic. But this time the mage sheeps a mob, the druid roots one, and the hunter traps a third. Also, the rogue and tank keep interrupting the stupid aoe spell that killed you so many times before. You end the fight with over half your mana and smile on your face.

At least that's how it happened for me. It just clicked and the stress just fell away, this is how its supposed to go, and its a vastly superior way in terms of having fun for all classes IMO. Ever since then Cata. has been a wonderful experience for me to heal, and dungeons really feel like a team activity.

Thanks Blizzard.

This.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Thanks Blizzard.

At first I thought you were another mindless zombie going "Arghh healsss baddddd", then at the end I saw you weren't one of the zombies! People need to adapt, its not that hard once it "clicks" like you said
Edited by Juutree on 12/12/2010 4:56 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]