Successful healers post in here!

Just feel like we need a place to hang out and discuss healing away from the QQ =)

I certainly found healing very challenging at first, but this was mostly due to my own mindset / playstyle, and the actions (or lack thereof) of party members. Now that I have tweaked my own mana management and cast 'rotations' I feel on top of healing and in control.

That's NOT to say healing is not hard - it is, especially in some boss fights etc. - but overall I feel that I have the tools to achieve what's needed, if my group does their part as well and are paying attention / playing properly. And it's a hell of a lot more satisfying - getting a boss down in a heroic now, especially if we've wiped a few times learning / practising, is as exciting as getting down a new boss in a raid used to be!

I see so many people complaining about healing now, and they all more or less fit into one of two categories:

1. wtf I cast all my heals and then I'm OOM? Healing sucks!
2. I know how to heal now and can do so, but I don't enjoy it

Nothing we can do about the people in category 2, but things do change with expansions. But I do find it quite funny how vocal people in category 1 are, and how they refuse to let go of 'the old ways', even with their dying grip..........

So yeah, post in this thread if you are also happy with how things are, and are having fun!

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
<crickets>
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
It really is true that everyone has to do their jobs, and there is little room for error at this gear level. I've done all the dungeons on regular and GB on heroic and it's been a struggle.

BUT in each boss fight the difference between victory and defeat and me running out of mana and me having mana is everyone else AND me being intelligent about the spells I cast and the decisions I make.

DPS stands in fire - wipe
Tank doesn't use cooldowns - wipe
Bad positioning - wipe
Adds left unmanaged - wipe

These are not our fault most of the time, yet we are accustomed to being the only point of failure. Time to let that go and focus on our jobs and enjoy wiping when things out of our control happen.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Successful does not always mean pleased. I guess I miss my old chain heal power and frantic as fast as you can play of wrath. I've adapted, but its like being taken from a beach on the equator and dropped in Siberia. I've managed to survive and even thrive ... but I still miss my beach.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yar
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Shaman
I didn't really have a problem with the Normal dungeons. Was pretty much geared for heroics in the first day.

But now I'm chugging along very slowly through heroics. It took a little getting out of the "Lol spam big heals and never go oom." mindset. But, now that I'm out of it I'm enjoying the challenge now. Unfortunately it's not just me who had to do the job in Heroics any more. Everyone in the group really has to pay attention at what's going on or it's a wipe pretty much every time.

I figure things will get a bit better once everyone gets accustomed to the new game, but until them I'm happy to wipe when it's not my fault for once :P
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Its easy peasy.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Druid, shaman, druid, shaman, druid, shaman, druid.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Got my dungeon hero achievement this afternoon. Heroics are more fun (By my definition of fun at least) than they've ever been.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I love that fact that all the people who did good in WotLK was unable to do good in Cata. This expansion is truly going to separate all the good healers from the scrubs like Vanilla and TBC.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Jk btw, but its not too bad. Easier than fresh BC heroics.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 4:30 PMPosted by Porkzqt
I love that fact that all the people who did good in WotLK was unable to do good in Cata. This expansion is truly going to separate all the good healers from the scrubs like Vanilla and TBC.

QFT

Gimme your robes bads.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Initially I was having a hard time with healing heroics, and was only able to kill select bosses. However running these bosses with my guild got me some gear and then more bosses opened up.

Even the small upgrades seem to make a world of difference in terms of mana, and now that I've gotten past that initial wall I am having a blast with the new mechanics.

It would be nice if there were some way to transition into heroics more smoothly, but future healers will have an easier time now that tanks and dps are geared. Overall I think the new healing style is a good move, and that once more gear becomes available the majority of the current issues will be eliminated.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Loving it. I thought I liked healing in WoTLK, but this is a whole new level of awesome.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
eZ.

Nah, healing isn't as easy as it was before, but i enjoy the challenge, and i'm doing fairly good so far.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I'll get back to you when I'm out of these uncomfortable quest greens...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
12/12/2010 4:27 PMPosted by Riloux
Druid, shaman, druid, shaman, druid, shaman, druid.

PRIEST!

I'm just dandy. The new mindset is more strategic and slower paced. I can't say I like it better than Wrath but healing is still fun. It's just different, no better and no worse.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2010 4:30 PMPosted by Porkzqt

Uh. I have LoD on my priest and would rate myself as a fairly accomplished holy paladin healer. Very average shaman/druid player, but I still try. However, I only started healing in Wrath.

And yet I love the new heroics and, clearly, have had no problems getting through them. Don't hate on us WotLK babies, we aren't all terribad! :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]