Successful healers post in here!

90 Night Elf Druid
healing dungeons is definitely a challenge with my gear, but I think it will get a lot easier as i advance from my quest gear into actual dungeon gear and become more comfortable with healing as a druid.

healing pvp on the other hand, right now it is a disaster.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 6:30 PMPosted by Ballard
i've been extremely successful with healing.

Guild just finished all the heroics at least once and I was a part of most of those.

Ya guild is nice. Guild is usually the more sucessful end... Not everyone is in a guild.

Reply Quote
63 Orc Shaman
Loving healing on my Holy Paladin.
Reply Quote
Healing on my Shaman is excellent! I am loving it, So far I am mostly 333, headed into Heroics now to start prepping for raids and healing is great! A real challenge.

Sorry for the wrath Babies. who can't spam massive heals on the tank anymore, but this is how healing should be.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
12/12/2010 6:41 PMPosted by Twîstedkìtty
12/12/2010 6:30 PMPosted by Ballard
i've been extremely successful with healing.

Guild just finished all the heroics at least once and I was a part of most of those.

Ya guild is nice. Guild is usually the more sucessful end... Not everyone is in a guild.

It's the easiest way to finish content, it's that simple.

This game is a social game, and with a good social group to run with, you're highly successful. Without it, you're at a disadvantage.
Reply Quote
Healing has been the most fun its ever been for me. This is someone who's had a priest healer main in both BC and Wrath. Healing is about efficient resource management, and that split decision timing to use the best ability for the situation. It's brilliant.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
12/12/2010 6:48 PMPosted by Ballard
12/12/2010 6:41 PMPosted by Twîstedkìtty
[quote="14063592794"]i've been extremely successful with healing.

It's the easiest way to finish content, it's that simple.

This game is a social game, and with a good social group to run with, you're highly successful. Without it, you're at a disadvantage.[/quote]

Doesn't mean we should get poo'd on.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/12/2010 5:37 PMPosted by Ladaris
I love seeing folks who haven't downed any raid bosses in cata calling themselves successful and calling others scrubs.

Good to see that even hiding behind the veil of internet anonymity, people still feel the need to make level 1 alts so they can troll about achievements without fear of repercussion.
Edited by Sleuf on 12/12/2010 7:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
I'll say I've been successful but at the same time I find the new healing way boring. Don't get me wrong I like the new healing system, but I like it when a tanks or DPS health is in the wee teens and I can heal them back up right away. Now the healing system is more based on "dots" or "periodic damage" so its a lot more forgiving.

I was Holy and I posted that I was struggling. I went Disc and I found new life. I had Greater Heals of over 40k today and contrary to other healers, I had everybody at full health and was never really shy on mana unless it was a massive AOE fight like Siamat.

Where I find the biggest issue isn't with the spells, but with the quality. Heal is garbage. It heals for 6-8k even with over 6000 Spell Power (with trinkets proc). Greater Heal on tanks is a saving grace hitting for around 18-22k with crits in the 30-40k if I use Inner Focus with it. Prayer of Healing like Heal is garbage. The only thing good about it is the DA procs. Not even the HoT after it is useful.

While DPS and tanks are doing their job, the encounters are not fun when you need 2 tanks to tank adds because they are immune to all forms of CC. I'm talking about the Ogres and Olf in Deadmines Heroic. Each time we had 2 Ogres we had to duel tank it, and to me that's not fun. Also in Deadmines its not fun when you have to deal with so many things. I can understand dealing with debuffs, and moving out of stuff, but what Glubtok does is insane. Summons fire and water adds that can put a debuff on you that slows you and hits you with a dot, as well as a fire cutter similar to Halion's Twilight Cutter, and to top it off fire and frost aura's all over the ground. That is insane! Unless your SKGaming or Paragon thats nearly impossible and I've been healing in WoW for 6 years. Even back in Vanilla raid content did I ever see stuff like that.

So while I'm successful at healing, I find it boring or way overtuned in the current state. I don't ask to bring back healing from LK, but if Blizzard wants Heal to be our go to spell, a bit of a buff in cast time, and throughput would be nice. The same goes for Prayer of Healing. Greater Heal and Penance are fine, but Penance in my opinion should be back at it's 6 second cooldown with how Cataclysm is. It really doesn't help a tank or a DPS in danger.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
O.o Sedivy is on fire. Me like smexy Priest who can heal.

HI GUYS!
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Warrior
Too much strain on the healer compared to other roles. Too much stress in none guild runs when people don't realize that you have to CC and wait for the healer to get mana. Almost contemplating speccing Shadow and staying there.

I don't need stress in games.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Sup
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 7:40 PMPosted by Calikrea
Healing is fine.
You don't need to heal everyone and you can let people, even the tank, die. Get used to it.

You let the tank die your group wipes. Probably the most important person to heal no matter what is your tank. While DPS is important, they have abilities to bring up their health. Tanks don't unless your a Death Knight who can use Death Strike and Rune Tap.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 7:52 PMPosted by Mahdougie
my biggest worry about healers is pvp. not sure why u would want to be a healer in pvp when u oom in a few seconds trying not to die....

and from what it sounds like...

LFD randoms = healing is hard

guild runs = healing is just fine.

and i completely agree

I've done a few PVP battles. Healing well isn't that hard, but with the massive health pools it's not needed either. I can go Shadow and off heal when I need to. No real point for a full time healer needed in PVP anymore.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
CLICK THE FACKING LIGHTWELL!

/rage
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
12/12/2010 8:06 PMPosted by Roreoka
CLICK THE FACKING LIGHTWELL!

/rage

Most people still don't click on it. Its really helpful to have out, but it isn't our fault that nobody clicks on it. Its why PW:B is so much better. Big bubble in the middle stand here :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
pretty easy unless the tank decides to grab 6 mobs at once and not cc any of it, then im like "lol way to go"
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
<3 the new healing. Having to make critical decisions on the fly really has invigorated the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]